Opinion We aren't losing by enough.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh the board, especially those who have so called Bulldogs DNA shouldn't be accepting the position we are in. They need to accept a better coach is in the interest of the club regardless of whether we lose by 1 or 51. If Pay goes into the off season as coach they have lost me and many others.
Tend to agree.. huge potential for them to be called out as hypocrites after bagging DibShit and CastleCrashers over the Des saga.

They need to just come out, sack Pay, admit the fuckup and cop it on the chin, and salvage what we have left of the season with a new coach trying to get the best out of this team.

The longer they drag the chain, the deeper a hole they dig coming into next years elections.
It’s this kind of messages we should be sending to the board (or media to amplify it)

That’s actually pretty sad to hear

I’ve been following the dogs since 1991 which no where as long as you and I’m seriously considering not watching another game until/unless Pay is removed or his contract expires
Have to agree here.
So called 'Bulldogs DNA' would not tolerate this pathetic excuse for a coach and lack of effort in the team.
This is entirely the opposite of Bulldogs DNA; there is no heart, no pride, no toughness.
It needs to end immediately.

I have fond memories as a kid of the 90s being a dogs fan - As Kiwidog said, its no where near as long as you Chris, but it hurts.
Send your message to the club, they need to have these messages clogging up their mailboxes, we will not accept this garbage being produced in our clubs name.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The decision by the board to re-sign Pay earlier this year was a statement by them that results this year don't matter to them. If we lost by 60 every week he'd still be there. Next year is a different proposition though.
I think the results matter to them so they extended his contract. My view is after the first 2 rounds they thought the players not putting in the effort for the coach. By extending the contract they were telling the players the coach wasnt going anywhere and to put in more effort. Just a bad call. They didnt get the result they wanted and now in an awkward situation. Thats just my opinion.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Stick with me here ...

Blowouts put pressure on coaches and force boards to terminate coaches.

Put simply we are not losing by enough to force change. We need a few 40-50 point hidings in succession in order to really ram it home. The early big losses could be excused or attributed to "new team", "rebuild", etc etc .. but in current rounds not a chance.

We need some mid to lower end sides to give us a hiding.

As it stands we are dead last now and Titans well ahead of us on For and Against.

Spoon is a foregone conclusion.

Round 1 LOST BY 34
Round 2 LOST BY 20
Round 3 WON BY 14
Round 4 LOST BY 36
Round 5 LOST BY 2
Round 6 LOST BY 8
Round 7 WON BY 12
Round 8 LOST BY 8
Round 9 LOST BY 12
Round 10 WON BY 6
Round 11 LOST BY 22
Round 12 LOST BY 2
Round 13 LOST BY 24
Round 14 LOST BY 26

Unfortunately I can't see a run of mid 20 point losses forcing change at all.
We currently have a points difference of -162, so if continue on that pace for our last 9 games we'll end up around -270... pretty consistent with the spoon winners over the last decade (bar the eels in 2013 and knights in 2016 who had monstrously bad f/a)

I think we'll start getting toweled worse and worse as the year goes on. The players are disinterested, the coach picks plodders, we have zero attack and our defence falls apart after the opposition score more than 1 try lol.

20 point losses will be pain relief I reckon.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the results matter to them so they extended his contract. My view is after the first 2 rounds they thought the players not putting in the effort for the coach. By extending the contract they were telling the players the coach wasnt going anywhere and to put in more effort. Just a bad call. They didnt get the result they wanted and now in an awkward situation. Thats just my opinion.
I agree, I don’t have a problem that they extended Pay as they tried backing him but Pay hasn’t come to the party with his coaching. The extension doesn’t stop us from sacking him at anytime because he’s not on big coin.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we will set a new record for the for and against this season, the wonderful board will still be patting themselves on the back for a job well done

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I don’t have a problem that they extended Pay as they tried backing him but Pay hasn’t come to the party with his coaching. The extension doesn’t stop us from sacking him at anytime because he’s not on big coin.
I totally agree with your thoughts regarding Pays extension but unfortunately just hasn’t worked out
Yesterday like every other week was pathetic from start to finish and had to tune out before full time because it was that bad
The non effort is the one thing which is unacceptable from a fan base
I’m over it today knowing that our coach is as good as gone
It is clear as day to everybody that the team are not putting in 100%
Just to speed up his sacking
A disgraceful and sad state of affairs for this great club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with your thoughts regarding Pays extension but unfortunately just hasn’t worked out
Yesterday like every other week was pathetic from start to finish and had to tune out before full time because it was that bad
The non effort is the one thing which is unacceptable from a fan base
I’m over it today knowing that our coach is as good as gone
It is clear as day to everybody that the team are not putting in 100%
Just to speed up his sacking
A disgraceful and sad state of affairs for this great club.
I think the board were hoping they could get to the end of season with Pay in charge but I don’t think that’s possible now. The next few weeks will be very telling for lots of people in the club.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the board were hoping they could get to the end of season with Pay in charge but I don’t think that’s possible now. The next few weeks will be very telling for lots of people in the club.
It will be interesting to see what they do in the near future
The board are probably thinking it’s the last thing they need to sought out this time of year
A pain in the arse !

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its actually not that hard to sack him, there's already an interim waiting in the wings, the board are just as fucked as previous

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, though it has been shown that this cannot work and it is more damaging to keep him here.
We should be so lucky to sign someone as a half decent coach for the remainder of the year and probably next year and go from there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it's the players as much as the coach.

Yes we have a young side but all Pay is doing is destroying their confidence rather than getting the best out of them.

Teams normally fire when their coach gets sacked.