Opinion Relax

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are we the only club that will have money in 2021 ?
Will players want to sign on ?
Will any good players be available cause the other 15 didn’t want or extend contracts?
Who wants to go to a club that’s been at the bottom for 3 years only rejects and players at the end of their days
Maybe more years of disappointment to come

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Getting a squeaky clean loser or a winner that pushes the boundaries and does anything to win? I know what I’d take.
I know what you mean but I can’t ignore the whole steroid shit... that’s not pushing the boundaries it’s cheating. It’s the worst crime you can commit

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We all want to believe or believe we are a superclub or used to be a power house.. the reality is 1 premiership in 25 seasons is not the results of a superclub.. 13/16 clubs have won comp in past 25 years..

And one way or another, whatever the reasons we have lost the biggest and best players of their generation consistently in the past 15 years.. no other club has consistently lost the calibre of players we have, its been done to death, but that also isnt what a superclub like a Barcelone or Real Madrid does..

Looking back since Bullfrog has passed we have not been a very well run club, if we were we would/should have alot more to show for our efforts that just being consistent at making finals at least pre Pay..
Actually 2 premierships in 24 years lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The powerhouses of the comp would have found a way to turn the situation around.

We have fans willing to accept mediocrity and a coach and board who appear out of their depth.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes we will have all this magic money and a coach that will lead us to a grandfinal victory after we go back to back spoons.
If pay had us competing and we plodded in the top 8 this year we could of been building to be a top 4 side by about 2022 the way it is now we need to rebuild again in 2021 and we may be competitive by 2023 we are fucked for a long long time

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a club ?
When Empires have crumbled and vanished, and mostly from within !!!
That is why I remind all of us...United we stand Divided we fall !
I once asked Todd Greenturd...With all the rumbling about reducing the Sydney teams how safe is Canterbury ?
He replied How safe how safe ?
I'll tell you how safe, we have the strongest leagues club behind us followed by the second strongest club in Australia Bankstown sports, that's how safe !
Another time he was asked by the media about him possibly taking over the NRL's CEO job
His reply was, I have unfinished work or business at the Bulldogs
It was't too long after...He brought in Hitler Hasler then left us at his mercy.
Call me conspiracy theorist,
2001 after coping so many bad decisions, I spoke to former CEO Bob Hagan expressing my concern, asking him has our support for South Sydney to be reinstated got anything to do with it ?
He replied...You have picked the short straw,
I said...What is the club doing about it ?
He answered...The club can't do anything, it's up to you the supporters to ring or write to NRL and complain,
They might listen !!!
The question is...
Was Greenturd orchestrating the destruction of Canterbury ?
Did he bring Hitler Hasler to help him execute the NRL's plan ?
Or...Is Hasler so stupid for making so many bad dissensions that eventuated in the state the club is in ?
Great post, can't understand why so many of our fans don't recognize the damage to our club by outside forces, but then many people have short memories, very low IQ, or carry on, the agenda that bobbed up against (or in favor) of one of the two group that stood for election in 2018.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we the only club that will have money in 2021 ?
Will players want to sign on ?
Will any good players be available cause the other 15 didn’t want or extend contracts?
Who wants to go to a club that’s been at the bottom for 3 years only rejects and players at the end of their days
Maybe more years of disappointment to come
I agree mostly with what you are saying but Newcastle somehow managed to do it.
They have done some great recruitment after 3 consecutive spoons and on top of that, the players have to live in SHITCASTLE.
This is the only thought train that gives me any hope.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im hopeful that more cap space will be freed up for next year as a result of players with one year left on contracts wanting / seeking /being offered two or three years elsewhere - job security etc. Two or three years guaranteed is better than one year at the dogs.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SG caretaker coach until Flanno returns.
Cant stand the head and those teeth on Flanagan

But fuck the ugly ****, its exactly what we need. We need grubs, tough no-nonsense grubs like Flanagan

We are at our best when we have grubs

What happens when we have choir boys? We skip the game on Sundays to go to church, instead of going to confession on Mondays and telling the priest we fucked the opposition in the ass on the weekend and asking for forgiveness to do it again for 6 months of the year

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great post, can't understand why so many of our fans don't recognize the damage to our club by outside forces, but then many people have short memories, very low IQ, or carry on, the agenda that bobbed up against (or in favor) of one of the two group that stood for election in 2018.
If people look closely they'd realize that our problems started then...18 years ago, Greenturd was working for us, or was he ???
In 2008 I was at the first forum Greenturd administered as a CEO in a room at ANZ stadium, beverages were provided afterwards,
while having a drink with one board member I said to him...your plans for the club are great, but we have a big problem with the media especially News Ltd, his reply was...Don't worry they are our friends now...
Ironically we got three positive little stories that week and it got better for a while until they went back to their bad old habits which might be a coincidence with Greenturd leaving us.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant stand the head and those teeth on Flanagan

But fuck the ugly ****, its exactly what we need. We need grubs, tough no-nonsense grubs like Flanagan

We are at our best when we have grubs

What happens when we have choir boys? We skip the game on Sundays to go to church, instead of going to confession on Mondays and telling the priest we fucked the opposition in the ass on the weekend and asking for forgiveness to do it again for 6 months of the year
We have one thing to change if we get Flanagan
We will need to put back the teeth on the toothless Bulldog, maybe that's why they are not biting :grimacing:

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan please -copycat coach if ive ever seen one

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Salary cap or no salary cap that was ridiculous.
A team that didn't feel like tackling that could of won if a few things went our way.
JMKings little squirts were good though, pity he didn't pass.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree mostly with what you are saying but Newcastle somehow managed to do it.
They have done some great recruitment after 3 consecutive spoons and on top of that, the players have to live in SHITCASTLE.
This is the only thought train that gives me any hope.
yes i did think of newcastle when i posted this, still think all the money in the world wont buy us success
sad to think that the whole focus is Brought not bred

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm sorry .. but I've re-read this and it's really pisses me off. I don't know if you're on a windup, and if you are well done!

"So relax and enjoy the comedy" ... Look. At no point in my entire life no matter what am I going to 'relax and enjoy' watching this great club being dragged through the mud. It's seriously an embarrasment beyond anything I've experienced at the Dogs atm. I've suffered through bad years like the rest of you. We all have. Watching football isn't always about winning. Gotta go through bad time to feel the good times. That's normal.

But this team ... "We're a very attractive club to play for" I mean WTF?!?! What's attractive about it? This is the lowest I've ever felt. The lowest. We're not even a team. We're nothing. Who would want to play for us?

You're really wound me up. "For now we have to be patient"? Fuck to that. Patience will bury us. If Pay is with us after the bye then we're truly fucked.
So tell me, how do we recruit players when we have half of our salary cap currently covering overrated players on huge back ended deals (Hoppa, Tolman), normal deals (Foran) or players playing for other clubs (Reynolds, Mbye, Woods). I’m not happy about this situation either but you have to face the facts. We’re not like the Knights where for years no one wanted to go to them even though they were out shopping. Hasler and co well and truly tore us a new one. So that’s why we have to be patient and just relax. Our time will come when we’re a super power again. And it will come soon

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Niave as fuck!!!
BTW the do nothing until 2021 because of "the salary cap" is and always was bullshit.

There is something majorly wrong with our football club and team more complex than just the ability/quality of the playing group.
It' called....POLITICS !!!