Supporters to form a rival ticket?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my two cents but if he is the coach for next year then the year we can buy everyone in 2021 is gonna be fucked cause he’s in charge of buying our players. We need someone’s who’s gonna be there and ready to rebuild and move forward, I can’t stand him anymore he is just dopey with dumb decisions

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
That’s assuming they start winning games when a new coach comes in....
Exactly. No point replacing the jockey when the horse only has 3 legs.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think the board are holding onto Pay until the end of the year so they can keep his sacking as a ace up their sleeve to be re-elected. If they do it now they lose the illusion they are doing something because there will be 12 more games to be played with a interim coach which will probably be more of the same performances and everyone will forget about sacking Pay. If they do it at the end of the season it’s fresh in everyone’s minds and there’s no games between then and the election.
How did that turn out last time? Just ask Ray Dib.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Relax, there will be changes happening. Be patient. Dessie and the previous board left this place in a mess. Dean Pay won't be coach next year, which was chosen by the old board. The only reason they re signed him was to get the media off the Bulldogs backs that's why they only signed him for another year. We're after Turpin and couple of others. The dogs will have money spend in future.
in theory re signing pay as he would of been on peanuts as a rookie coach so the severance package would be small if got the sack unlike the hasler fiasco

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did that turn out last time? Just ask Ray Dib.
Bit of a different scenario for Dib but the longer this goes on the riskier it gets for the board holding onto Pay.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes let's organise to stand against the current Board in the February 2020 elections. Surely we could compile a viable alternative including well respected ex-players, administrators, sports people, prominent fans and members. Maybe that possible threat will get the current board more proactive to turn this sinking ship around?
Personally i would like to give them a chance to see out their plans see what happens by 2021 i can't see how turfing them now will turn things around we don't have the players or the coach atm and they obviously have done this to clean everything up when the money is there. I would rather go through a shit couple of years and see the dogs with a team and coach that have a chance of winning premierships rather then go for short term sucess and just scape into the for the next 5/6 years. It's going to be a lot easier maitain sucess to go all out get a good coach and a top team then replace players as needed through the years as needed to stay in the cap then to try and slowly build the team up, we would be losing gun players while siging others and all the while still have half assed players in allot of positions. Be patient and look foward to the years to come when we have the players and coach to make us a true threat.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Personally i would like to give them a chance to see out their plans see what happens by 2021 i can't see how turfing them now will turn things around we don't have the players or the coach atm and they obviously have done this to clean everything up when the money is there. I would rather go through a shit couple of years and see the dogs with a team and coach that have a chance of winning premierships rather then go for short term sucess and just scape into the for the next 5/6 years. It's going to be a lot easier maitain sucess to go all out get a good coach and a top team then replace players as needed through the years as needed to stay in the cap then to try and slowly build the team up, we would be losing gun players while siging others and all the while still have half assed players in allot of positions. Be patient and look foward to the years to come when we have the players and coach to make us a true threat.
Mate if there's one thing I've learned over the years on this forum, don't talk sense when it comes to the team. You and I all know that the team will be like this for this year and next while there is not cap space and while Dean Pay cleans up Des's mess. The rest of the niff-nuffs on here start calling for blood the moment the team loses games.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players will always respond to a new coach if the out going coach is sacked if he lost the dressing room. I am certain that if the coach was replaced now we would see an immediate improvement and may even win a few games, but the effort would not be sustained (we just don't have the cattle)and we would finish the season in mess.
If the coach is replaced around round 20 and we can finish the season strong (stronger), it would be easier to sign players and start 2020 with some confidence.
Replacing the board at the next would destroy the club,(considering what went on prior to the last election) what I would like to see is probably 1 or 2 replaced with better business experienced (successful) people, at present we have to many ex players on the board IMHO.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I propose a cue. We get an army together and we storm Belmore together. We take out Pay and co and TAKE BACK THE CLUB!! WHOSE WITH ME? *Crickets*

Pussiesssssss......

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hey look I think some have taken the Topic waay too seriously.

It was never a feasible suggestion. Just a call to arms to put it out there they are not safe.

I certainly have faith with them achieving a slow improvement over 5 years. No doubt. But can a big improvement happen in 2021 with Pay seeing out his contract. No. It takes time to fit all the puzzle together and this time we have to make good signings that fit with what the new coach wants is being wasted.

Can someone pls tell us the benefit of copping hidings each week with no hope of improvement. The players aren't responding. That's poor from them but the Board (and fans) just can't keep burying their heads denying whats going on on the field.

I don't seriously think the Board should go. They've probably done all they can in this short time as regards the roster...getting rid of bludgers and making a few signings.

They went wrong extending Pay's contract but who knew he would be making such irrational decisions.

I support the Board but I think they are in jeopardy of loosing the membership unless they step in.

My reasoning was the threat of a rival ticket may help them act.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Anderson’s have total control of the football and leagues club and have run the old guard out of town.
The change in the board was very partisan! I doubt any of the previous leadership group would want to come back at this time?
So it would have to be a whole new ticket, Phil Gould? What about a ticket headed up by Mark & Steve Waugh? And before anyone says Steve is a tigers fan, wrong he is a dogs fan.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Anderson’s have total control of the football and leagues club and have run the old guard out of town.
The change in the board was very partisan! I doubt any of the previous leadership group would want to come back at this time?
So it would have to be a whole new ticket, Phil Gould? What about a ticket headed up by Mark & Steve Waugh? And before anyone says Steve is a tigers fan, wrong he is a dogs fan.
I think that any board needs more then one term to stamp their mark and make the changes that they think they need to make.

Say for arguments sake this board gets turfed out and the new board doesn't impress either. Having that amount of turnover every couple of years is very dangerous.

The board just need to bite the bullet and sack Pay it would go a long way to taking the heat out of this situation.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the board should do the right thing by the club, members, supporters and resign, have an administrator put in place, and hold new board elections where a proper fully functioning board can be formed from candidates not by group selections
we have a non functioning board, we have no strength in upper management, we have the daily speel of we are working on it, ffs bob the builder could have single handed rebuilt the harbour bridge in less time then this current board is rebuilding the club.

no more because its bullfrogs daughter, no more because its a former player, the team running the bulldogs club must run it like a business, and for that we need business people
rugby league is a business, far different from 30 years ago, so why are we running it like 30 years ago

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
the board should do the right thing by the club, members, supporters and resign, have an administrator put in place, and hold new board elections where a proper fully functioning board can be formed from candidates not by group selections
we have a non functioning board, we have no strength in upper management, we have the daily speel of we are working on it, ffs bob the builder could have single handed rebuilt the harbour bridge in less time then this current board is rebuilding the club.

no more because its bullfrogs daughter, no more because its a former player, the team running the bulldogs club must run it like a business, and for that we need business people
rugby league is a business, far different from 30 years ago, so why are we running it like 30 years ago
The board is formed from candidates the members just voted for all the people on Anderson's ticket except for Nick Dimas.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A new board ain't going to fix it. A rebuild takes time. We still have players on who are on decent coin that don't deserve that much they aren't off contract till next year.
Tolman,&jackson,9others of contract this year,piss the whole lot of,and start from scratch

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will all b retired by then ,

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay has lost a lot of players, it's also evident on the field, they don't have faith in him anymore, and there's barely any communication with some players apparently I think its only a matter of time, however if they keep waiting it will be a disaster.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that any board needs more then one term to stamp their mark and make the changes that they think they need to make.

Say for arguments sake this board gets turfed out and the new board doesn't impress either. Having that amount of turnover every couple of years is very dangerous.

The board just need to bite the bullet and sack Pay it would go a long way to taking the heat out of this situation.
I agree with you about the need for more than one term to get this done.
However did the take over need to be an winner take all scenario as it has turned out to be?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey look I think some have taken the Topic waay too seriously.

I certainly have faith with them achieving a slow improvement over 5 years. No doubt. But can a big improvement happen in 2021 with Pay seeing out his contract. No. It takes time to fit all the puzzle together and this time we have to make good signings that fit with what the new coach wants is being wasted.
Interested in your thoughts about “improvement”, where is the starting point?

I think it is fair to say this season we look like finishing 16th.
2018 it was 12th with 8 wins
2017 it was 11th with 10 wins
2016 it was 7th with 14 wins
2015 it was 5th with 14 win

For me we are going backwards, hopefully this season is the low ebb and the team starts to improve.
However there is so much uncertainty about the team going forward at this stage no one could be confident that there will be any improvement in this team this season or next.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lynne was apart of the Titans board. Look how they are going!