Opinion What a coach ... i love Dean Pay

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Imagine being 5ft8 weighing in at 60kgs wringing wet and being asked to play on the wing against Daniel Tupu and Latrell Mitchell...
A dream come true for a young half / fullback changing clubs to forge a career

Also how good would it be to be an up and coming hooker to be told your playing half back ... albeit he did himself proud.
Imagine that
Do you think the players play spin the bottle for their positions at training

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine being 5ft8 weighing in at 60kgs wringing wet and being asked to play on the wing against Daniel Tupu and Latrell Mitchell...
A dream come true for a young half / fullback changing clubs to forge a career

Also how good would it be to be an up and coming hooker to be told your playing half back ... albeit he did himself proud.
Imagine that
Do you think the players play spin the bottle for their positions at training
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Yup, and pay is the one spinning that fucking bottle..!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine how much confidence Meaney would have lost after that game. He would have been better in Canterbury Cup.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Imagine how much confidence Meaney would have lost after that game. He would have been better in Canterbury Cup.
I agree 100%
Poor kid
He's a good football player with a good career ahead of him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meaney doesn't have confidence.

There are three things about Meaney I drew attention to when he first signed at the club (and was told "Oh you have to give him a chance Mr I .. don't write him off so fast"):
1. Defence - He cannot tackle and just tries to bump off attackers. Does not put body on line.
2. Attack - Doesn't inject himself in attack enough, sniff for offloads, or during support play.
3. Confidence - He's not a confident player.

The good parts about him was his speed and his handling (very safe under the high ball).

14 rounds in and it's starting to show. He's exactly the same as he was at the Knights, and it's easy to see why Knights were happy to release him and Flogger at the same time.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I dont think meaney has a future in fg tbh. Dud signing. Hes too soft to play nrl. Technically hes very good but this is a collision sport. Maybe he should try oztag

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree 100%
Poor kid
He's a good football player with a good career ahead of him
At 187cm he actually is around 6’2 in the imperial. I agree 90kg is too light to be playing wing in the modern game but he is good enough to play right centre and swap with Hoppa who has won a premiership at right wing.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
meaney doesn't show enough..want to be in the game for mine.. like gas been mentioned previously, he wont put his body on the line, and he doesn't go searching for the ball, or be in any position should a line break be made, hes an ok player, but slightly short of being in the goid category

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people bagging Meaney ? The guy has been one of our more consistent performers. Hasn’t been outstanding , but has been reliable and solid. I would rather us be pointing the finger at our guys who are on the big coin that are not performing. Jackson and Tolman are not worth what we are paying them anymore. Great servants but ,lacking impact and sucking up a lot of cap space.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I dont think meaney has a future in fg tbh. Dud signing. Hes too soft to play nrl. Technically hes very good but this is a collision sport. Maybe he should try oztag
All of pays signings apart from DWZ and maybe CHN are fucking rubbish panic buys. Waste of money from a stupid **** pretending to be a coach.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All of pays signings apart from DWZ and maybe CHN are fucking rubbish panic buys. Waste of money from a stupid **** pretending to be a coach.
I think the signings have been solid for what we have paid for them. 1.6million over 6 players was the figure someone mentioned. Now that’s impressive for a 1/5th of your squad for 2020. And there is a State of origin player and an International in those figures. The board is not wasting money as badly as some think and definitely not compared to the old board.

Patience is needed and Pay needs to go ASAP.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think the signings have been solid for what we have paid for them. 1.6million over 6 players was the figure someone mentioned. Now that’s impressive for a 1/5th of your squad for 2020. And there is a State of origin player and an International in those figures. The board is not wasting money as badly as some think and definitely not compared to the old board.

Patience is needed and Pay needs to go ASAP.
Calling Crapa an Origin player is a reach bro. **** is soft and lost his mongrel. Still surprised we got DWZ.

The rest of the money spent on the 4 players, we could of got 1 or 2 quality players.

Rushed panic buys bro.

The new board lost me by re-signing pay and letting him drive the club even more under.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney doesn't have confidence.

There are three things about Meaney I drew attention to when he first signed at the club (and was told "Oh you have to give him a chance Mr I .. don't write him off so fast"):
1. Defence - He cannot tackle and just tries to bump off attackers. Does not put body on line.
2. Attack - Doesn't inject himself in attack enough, sniff for offloads, or during support play.
3. Confidence - He's not a confident player.

The good parts about him was his speed and his handling (very safe under the high ball).

14 rounds in and it's starting to show. He's exactly the same as he was at the Knights, and it's easy to see why Knights were happy to release him and Flogger at the same time.
And thats not enough for FG.. needs to spend time in lower grades to further develop..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why are people bagging Meaney ? The guy has been one of our more consistent performers. Hasn’t been outstanding , but has been reliable and solid. I would rather us be pointing the finger at our guys who are on the big coin that are not performing. Jackson and Tolman are not worth what we are paying them anymore. Great servants but ,lacking impact and sucking up a lot of cap space.
It's easy to be consistent when you do nothing on the field but catch bombs.

Hopefully the idea is playing alongside DWZ he will learn the skills of a decent fullback.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney just aint strong enough he is a year away needs to hit the gym hard then he will be a weapon

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 187cm he actually is around 6’2 in the imperial. I agree 90kg is too light to be playing wing in the modern game but he is good enough to play right centre and swap with Hoppa who has won a premiership at right wing.
That was HOPPA MKI

HOPPA MKII is faulty

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll when our kicker is a fat lazy bastard on the bench we need another goal kicker. Only once or twice a game though.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like Meaney. He has a lot of toughness about him. But fucking him around like Pay does will not help him at all.
Pay has to go. Dallin can play centre and Montoya and fuck off

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Theres one thing you can't teach a player to do... and that's to put his body on the line.

If you don't put your body on the line you'll always be a powderpuff who gets manhandled by stronger players.

If Nick truly is 90kgs, most players would bench that easily. After seeing Nelson Asofa-Solomona absolutely man handle Kayln Ponga the other night, if this happened to Nick on the wing he'd be in Row Z.