Supporters to form a rival ticket?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes let's organise to stand against the current Board in the February 2020 elections. Surely we could compile a viable alternative including well respected ex-players, administrators, sports people, prominent fans and members. Maybe that possible threat will get the current board more proactive to turn this sinking ship around?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know what's involved and who has the ability to stand for the board (do you need to be a member for a certain number of years etc) but I certainly don't want to see another 3 years of this rubbish.

It's like when governments get in and have been in power for 10 years but want to keep blaming their predecessors for current problems.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no more relatives on the canterbury board, get the right mix of business people who know how to be successful in life and business

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t want to be the west tigers or para with different board members and in fighting .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the board are holding onto Pay until the end of the year so they can keep his sacking as a ace up their sleeve to be re-elected. If they do it now they lose the illusion they are doing something because there will be 12 more games to be played with a interim coach which will probably be more of the same performances and everyone will forget about sacking Pay. If they do it at the end of the season it’s fresh in everyone’s minds and there’s no games between then and the election.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relax, there will be changes happening. Be patient. Dessie and the previous board left this place in a mess. Dean Pay won't be coach next year, which was chosen by the old board. The only reason they re signed him was to get the media off the Bulldogs backs that's why they only signed him for another year. We're after Turpin and couple of others. The dogs will have money spend in future.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes let's organise to stand against the current Board in the February 2020 elections. Surely we could compile a viable alternative including well respected ex-players, administrators, sports people, prominent fans and members. Maybe that possible threat will get the current board more proactive to turn this sinking ship around?
Seriously it wouldn't be viable but it is a way to vent.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the board are holding onto Pay until the end of the year so they can keep his sacking as a ace up their sleeve to be re-elected. If they do it now they lose the illusion they are doing something because there will be 12 more games to be played with a interim coach which will probably be more of the same performances and everyone will forget about sacking Pay. If they do it at the end of the season it’s fresh in everyone’s minds and there’s no games between then and the election.
It's not going to matter, they are going to be ousted...they promised us the world and delivered us an atlas

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The next board will walk in using just one piece of fact....

"They re-signed Pay"

Landslide victory.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Relax, there will be changes happening. Be patient. Dessie and the previous board left this place in a mess. Dean Pay won't be coach next year, which was chosen by the old board. The only reason they re signed him was to get the media off the Bulldogs backs that's why they only signed him for another year. We're after Turpin and couple of others. The dogs will have money spend in future.
I think it’s inappropriate to say ‘relax’. Our club is a disgrace, an appalling last few years with excuses pushed and peddled but we are as bad as we’ve been in all our history. ‘Things’ may be happening behind the scenes, I fxxxing hope something is happening because I, like so many others, have supported this club nearly 50 years and cannot accept this same nonsense week after week.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s inappropriate to say ‘relax’. Our club is a disgrace, an appalling last few years with excuses pushed and peddled but we are as bad as we’ve been in all our history. ‘Things’ may be happening behind the scenes, I fxxxing hope something is happening because I, like so many others, have supported this club nearly 50 years and cannot accept this same nonsense week after week.
I know I am so relaxed now knowing we are after a glorified QLD cup player in turpin...crack the champers everyone