Official Round 14 - Dogs vs Roosters - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's signed on until the end of 2020.....He ain't going anywhere.
Him being signed means nothing. Hasler was signed too and still got the arse.

Pay HAS to go it's plainly obvious to the entire rugby league watching world he isn't up to it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Teams EARN wins. That's the problem.

Our club has become complacent with failure and unprofessionalism, from the board to the field.

Until that gets turned around, amateur hour will continue until our crowds and memberships put a dent in profits.

So your a self proclaimed genius ?
LOL no ... its an indication of how bad our teams going when I can throw out stupid scorelines and actually be rather close.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a piss weak excuse to be honest. Just because things are going against you doesn’t mean you should just give up. To avoid the physical contest is just unacceptable.
Obviously you don't take into consideration the amount of representative talent in the Rorters side compared to ours and then cop that rubbish decision........Put yourself in their shoes and I wouldn't want to bust my arse in trying to beat a team that has cheated to win by way of that video ref's decision.......It was a howler and would've been completely deflating for our boys who really put in an admirable effort up until that happened.......JMK was outstanding in the early part but I turned off after that decision was made as I knew exactly how they felt.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why would you want to compete against what is basically a bigger, stronger, faster and close to a rep side that also gets favours from the Video Referee for overturning the on Referee decisions of NO try.......It rates as one of the worse decisions I've seen in the game and NO wonder they were PO'd with that decision as they were fighting a losing battle.......as if the Rorters need anymore help.
https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rocks-footy-nrl/joey-manus-controversial-try-vs-bulldogs

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Him being signed means nothing. Hasler was signed too and still got the arse.

Pay HAS to go it's plainly obvious to the entire rugby league watching world he isn't up to it.
Well what is another coach going to do when we can't afford to buy a marquee player until 2021?......I remember the words from the great Tommy Raudonikis when he was coaching Wests and they were going a lot worse than us at the time......at an after match press conference where they were again thrashed and Tommy was asked by one of the reporters what could be done to turn things around?.......Tommy's response, "You can only piss out of the dick you've got".

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well what is another coach going to do when we can't afford to buy a marquee player until 2021?......I remember the words from the great Tommy Raudonikis when he was coaching Wests and they were going a lot worse than us at the time......at an after match press conference where they were again thrashed and Tommy was asked by one of the reporters what could be done to turn things around?.......Tommy's response, "You can only piss out of the dick you've got".
Well for starters, actually coach the team. Pay is dumb as shit, heard it before he came to us and what he's showing only backs it up.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good News for us is that we get some much needed time off over the next month to freshen up.......Only SOO 2 on next weekend so we get a week off and our next game is on the 30th at ANZ against the Sharks........that is a must win game for us to avoid the wooden spoon.......it must be all hands on deck and a siege mentality going into the game like the Dogs of old who when they wanted to win they did.......that's not in anyway discrediting the current team we have as we are struggling against teams with more depth and size......Once we've paid off the contracts of other players we've let go from 2018 and also freed up more space by letting Foran go, he's on from memory, 1.2 Million, which was made under the previous regime and while he tries hard he's not the player he once was and clearly is not worth the money he's currently on......the week after we play Cronulla we get a Bye so that Sharks game is a GF for us......hopefully we can string a few wins together like we did at the backend of last year.
Rod get off the pipe.
Without foran it would have been 50+.
Don't sugar coat this for the current board...they are clueless.
The old regime were successful, in hindsight better the devil we know, I would rather dib and hasler....in fact dib should run at the next election..and win well

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously you don't take into consideration the amount of representative talent in the Rorters side compared to ours and then cop that rubbish decision........Put yourself in their shoes and I wouldn't want to bust my arse in trying to beat a team that has cheated to win by way of that video ref's decision.......It was a howler and would've been completely deflating for our boys who really put in an admirable effort up until that happened.......JMK was outstanding in the early part but I turned off after that decision was made as I knew exactly how they felt.
Your 100% right we were always going to struggle against most teams particularly the top ones, knowing that was always going to deflate the players, when you throw in bad calls consistently it is both deflating gut wrenching and much more for players.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rod get off the pipe.
The old regime were successful, in hindsight better the devil we know, I would rather dib and hasler....in fact dib should run at the next election..and win well
Lol 50+

The only reason it wasnt 50+ was because the Chooks didnt have Tedesco, JWH, Friend and Keary

Dib the fat fuck should do the runner to Lebanon again and take Pay with him, never to return

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's signed on until the end of 2020.....He ain't going anywhere.
He might not be going anywhere...but the supporters wont turn up, the sponsors will walk,and come election time it will be a landslide victory to a rebel ticket....so back pay all you like

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also we need to stop giving up when we’re denied opportunities that’s all we do!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
wtf, no attempt to stay onside?

should he run backwards after playing the ball?
Just watched it again on Kayo. Definitely no knockon (it actually comes off his knee) but he does play at the ball and the ball makes contact with a Roosters player in front of him so definitely an accidental offside.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just simply get Anothoy Griffin in as coach right now then when Flanagan is allowed back make Flanagan Coach and Griffin his assistant

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just watched it again on Kayo. Definitely no knockon (it actually comes off his knee) but he does play at the ball and the ball makes contact with a Roosters player in front of him so definitely an accidental offside.
Watched it again? Do you hate yourself? Why put yourself through this again...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched it again? Do you hate yourself? Why put yourself through this again...
I like to know why we failed just in case I run into Pay so I can ask him why he didn't stop the players from doing this.

Originally I started with a short 15 point list. Now it's a 300 page manual.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rod get off the pipe.
I'm not sugar coating anything, I've seen the club go through worse than this and it was only due to the back ended contracts from the previous regime that we're currently in this mess......it will take time but the current board are working towards getting us back to the club we once were.......When we're still paying for players playing out other clubs we have to make do with what we've got.......anyway we were going about the same this time last year and turned things around in the back half of the season.....I'm expecting the same again after we've had a freshen up in the next few weeks......DWZ was safe in his first game for us and will only improve in his first game in the Blue And White........No one had seen Lewis in first grade until after June last year and he certainly turned things around for us......He'll be back soon as will a few others from the Canterbury Cup who deserve a go in first grade.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep....pure bullshit and I guess that they ( the Dogs) thought...... enough is enough.

We were poor again today but I agree with OP that up until that stage we were in it and actually put in an effort, but it seems that as in the past these decisions constantly go against us.
Yes, they are a professional footy team and they should put those things out of their mind, but as evidenced by not only the commentators on Triple MMM , but those on the ABC and others as well it was an absolutely putrid decision....AND the onfield official called NO TRY with the reasoning of a double movement. How can someone who has a major say in decisions get it oh so wrong????Let's just see what Mr Annesley has to say about this one and what excuse he will spout as to why it is just unfortunate and part of the decision making process....

I am sorry to say that our team has simply given up......not good enough I know, but the majority of us has too.......

I was never, ever of the opinion that we would win today against a side missing several players but even with that the Roosters had in their side representative players ( country and State) Hall , Mitchell,Tupou, Cronk, Cordner, Crichton,Taukeiaho, Liu.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So what's the go there. You get a penalty try and you get the kick from in front?

What if you miss it?

Shouldn't it be a conversion AND a penalty in front (i.e 8 point try).
An eight point try is awarded for foul play on the try scorer as he actually scores the try. i.e. coming in with knees or elbows etc...

That is a try awarded, a conversion taken from the point directly in line of where the try is scored and THEN a conversion in front of the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.