Toomaga and ogden

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent an email to Graeme Hughes & the boys on talkin sport last week questioning Dean Pays team selections, most notably the omission this week of Ogden & the failure to promote Toomaga at all.
I told them that in my opinion, Ogden & Toomaga are the 2 forwards that we should be locking in long term as I see them to be the 2 players we can build our long term future around.
I also said to them that the past stuff ups with recruitment & retention can be blamed on the previous administration, "BUT" if the club fails to retain these to superstars in the making, then the blame solely falls on the head of the new administration.
Graeme agreed that he really likes Ogden & thinks he is really good, & Tunksie also questioned Pay's selections & dumping's.

As Graeme is now a lot closer to the club & his brother is there full time, I hope I have planted the seed for him to personally question what the hell is going on as his brother is there full time.

This week I will send another email commenting how awesome both were in reggies which makes Dean Pay look even sillier & remind them that Toomaga is free to negotiate from November 1st.
I will once again state that if we lose either or both of these boys then the blame will fall on the heads of the current administration which includes Graeme's brother Mark as the recruitment officer.

I would urge anyone else to do the same. These guys wanted the shot to save & rebuild our club - it's now up to us to pour on the pressure to ensure the uphold their end of the deal.

Last edited:

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can find highlights of this game vs Bears?

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The To'omaga non-selection really has me scratching my head. Completely dominant in reserves. Huge potential. He is almost 24.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ogden and to a lesser extent, To'omaga, are both talented. The down size to both players is their lack of involvement on a consistent basis.
They can both make a good run or tackle, and then they go missing for 5 minutes.
A lot of players look good in reggies, but cant walk the walk in FG.
If these, and a lot of others want to play FG, they must lift their intensity big time to survive.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogden and to a lesser extent, To'omaga, are both talented. The down size to both players is their lack of involvement on a consistent basis.
They can both make a good run or tackle, and then they go missing for 5 minutes.
A lot of players look good in reggies, but cant walk the walk in FG.
If these, and a lot of others want to play FG, they must lift their intensity big time to survive.
Elliott has gone missing for 13 rounds .. so what his excuse ?? when he does get involved its normally to miss a tackle , drop a ball or give away a penalty.. enough with the rubbish excuses.. please..

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8 Napa
9 JMK
10 Ogden
11 Jackson
12 CHN
13 Renouf

14 RFM
15 Fualalo
16 Martin
17 Smith/Nu Brown

Maybe I’m being harsh dropping Tolman, but Elliot needs to be dropped. Sue is a solid player but the other players I’ve selected I feel just get us up the field more effectively.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When it comes to Lichaa i have always believed he has had the skill but has been hampered by Pay and Hasler and playing Des Ball. Its not conducive to a player like that.
In reserve grade he is allowed to play his natural game.
But if he gets chosen for FG unfortunately he can't do that and ends up looking really shit the way Pay has us playing
He plays his natural game in first grade but he just doesn’t have the time that he does in reserves. He service is still shithouse, he still takes the obligatory 3 step shuffle that he does, we play with no width as he has no power in his passing, so all teams do is sure up the middle defence and because we are so slow to shift wide it gives the defence time to come across. I hope the club doesn’t get fooled again and re-sign him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He plays his natural game in first grade but he just doesn’t have the time that he does in reserves. He service is still shithouse, he still takes the obligatory 3 step shuffle that he does, we play with no width as he has no power in his passing, so all teams do is sure up the middle defence and because we are so slow to shift wide it gives the defence time to come across. I hope the club doesn’t get fooled again and re-sign him.
I can’t believe there’s even a thought of re-signing him. He’s had so many chances now and he hasn’t delivered. If he re-signs the pitch forks will be out next year when he fails to deliver yet again.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching yesterday's Canterbury cup game, this is how my team would look.

1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. DWZ
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis (when he comes back)
8. Ogden
9. Brown (let's see how he goes today)
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Tolman

14. To'omaga
15. RFM
16. Kalache
17. Fualalo
I like the look of your team in particular the inclusion of Kalache
To’omaga and Ogden are definites along with Harper having a run sooner rather than later
It just seems to me that if we had better selections and structures the team wouldn’t be coming last
There is untapped potential within our 30 man squad but the facts remain that our coach is not up to transforming them into top grade players or teaching skills sets to instill confidence
We should not be at the bottom of the ladder in my opinion

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I like he look of your team in particular the inclusion of Kalache
To’omaga and Ogden are definites along with Harper having a run sooner rather than later
It just seems to me that if we had better selections and structures the team wouldn’t be coming last
There is untapped potential within our 30 man squad but the facts remain that our coach is not up to transforming them into top grade players or teaching skills sets to instill confidence
Wally said on Sunday Footy this morning that looking at the Dogs team, where's no way they should be performing so badly and coming last.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wally said on Sunday Footy this morning that looking at the Dogs team, where's no way they should be performing so badly and coming last.
Wally was spot on mate,
Unfortunately we just have to be patient and wait for the board to step in
There is no confidence at all in this group

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly what ive been saying with a good coach we should be winning alot more this rebuilding is an excuse the club is hiding behind

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly what ive been saying with a good coach we should be winning alot more this rebuilding is an excuse the club is hiding behind
It's pretty obvious to all that it's a combination of issues. The roster isn't strong enough. We don't have game breakers. Hell we don't have any game managers, let alone breakers. We have a high proportion of inexperienced players in the spine, who are only reserve grade standard. We have an inexperienced reserve grade coach.

Whilst ever Pay does not pick our best 17 and then get the best performance out of them, it is his responsibility to deliver. What he is paid to do.

If he doesn't achieve that then he should be as much on notice as the players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious to all that it's a combination of issues. The roster isn't strong enough. We don't have game breakers. Hell we don't have any game managers, let alone breakers. We have a high proportion of inexperienced players in the spine, who are only reserve grade standard. We have an inexperienced reserve grade coach.

Whilst ever Pay does not pick our best 17 and then get the best performance out of them, it is his responsibility to deliver. What he is paid to do.

If he doesn't achieve that then he should be as much on notice as the players.
I just can't believe Pay can't even get the basics right with this team lol. We don't need any complicated game plan or system, just something simple where all the boys know their roles and we can execute it with precision. Yet for whatever reason we just play corner post to corner post and everyone looks confused as fuck.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just give them both. A shot for starters

As we will never never know if we never have a go

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RT
Ogden
Kalache
Harper
Nelson
D.Smith
Roumanos

These kids have to be in the top 30 next yr.... Absolutely no reason to give them game time in 2019.... No reason at all.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the look of your team in particular the inclusion of Kalache
Kalache has a bit of animal in him. I like what I saw from him in yesterday's game. Certainly offers a lot more then Smith.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kalache has a bit of animal in him. I like what I saw from him in yesterday's game. Certainly offers a lot more then Smith.
K.k should get a shot in the top grade,
The guy is very mobile and can also step at the line which is excellent for a big unit
Takes the ball up with some real intent unlike toleman,Elliott and smith

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
K.k should get a shot in the top grade,
The guy is very mobile and can also step at the line which is excellent for a big unit
Takes the ball up with some real intent unlike toleman,Elliott and smith
Yeah for sure. The only thing is that I'm not sure that he is in our top 30?