Toomaga and ogden

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the board should step in and try and shop around Elliot and Tolman. That way if clubs take (I doubt it) them, Moron will have to pick Toomanga and Ogden.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa-best reggie player the doggies have got leave him there

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It’s so hard to watch lichaa play reserve grade, he looks like he’s on a completely different level. If only he could translate that to first grade he’d be a great player
Lichaa can play, said it a few weeks back.. just needs to play his game. He isn't a pass to a dominant half player, he is a old Robbie or Ennis get out and make a play around the ruck 1st option. Sad he hasn't develop more to his game. Needs to work on his passing obviously and speed & Prob drop a kg.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa was good yesterday BUT some of those try assists were the type of plays he was doing in first grade and everyone would moan about. He would always short ball to a prop and stop momentum. In reserve grade all good, but in NRL that one out trying to barge over the line will get gobbled up.

He still played a good game and at this stage I wouldn't give a toss if he gets back to first gfrade or not.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichaa was good yesterday BUT some of those try assists were the type of plays he was doing in first grade and everyone would moan about. He would always short ball to a prop and stop momentum. In reserve grade all good, but in NRL that one out trying to barge over the line will get gobbled up.

He still played a good game and at this stage I wouldn't give a toss if he gets back to first gfrade or not.
He has weapons in CCup as well. Throwing those short balls to a rampaging Renouf against weak on line defence in reggies is completely different then throwing a short ball to a trundling Tolman. Lichaa is a flat track bully in CCup that gets exposed in NRL.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it comes to Lichaa i have always believed he has had the skill but has been hampered by Pay and Hasler and playing Des Ball. Its not conducive to a player like that.
In reserve grade he is allowed to play his natural game.
But if he gets chosen for FG unfortunately he can't do that and ends up looking really shit the way Pay has us playing
I said it for a lonnnngggg time... Lichaa is one the best defenders in our squad and one of the craftiest hookers in the comp. What happens to the kid in first grade is just plan sad. Maybe its the game plans or maybe NRL level is just too quick??
Its possible that with Lichea it is a mental thing, to me it it appears that he loves the club and want's to be here and as a result is overawed and trying to hard.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If possible the club should resign him on minimum of course, would insure we have a competitive CC team.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If possible the club should resign him on minimum of course, would insure we have a competitive CC team.
I couldn't disagree anymore .... CCC should be used a proving ground for Juniors coming into grade .. if and when a player has been identified as not first grade standard... they should be moved on ASAP and replaced with a junior .. keeping Lichaa may hinder Hetherington's development..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree anymore .... CCC should be used a proving ground for Juniors coming into grade .. if and when a player has been identified as not first grade standard... they should be moved on ASAP and replaced with a junior .. keeping Lichaa may hinder Hetherington's development..
Couldnt agree more I’d take having 2-3 NRL players that were developed in CCup over winning it every year. Keeping players that can’t cut it in NRL is just a road block for young talent.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more I’d take having 2-3 NRL players that were developed in CCup over winning it every year. Keeping players that can’t cut it in NRL is just a road block for young talent.
Exactly .. having a competitive Cup side is not the goal and never has been .. its about getting boys ready to play men ..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When it comes to Lichaa i have always believed he has had the skill but has been hampered by Pay and Hasler and playing Des Ball. Its not conducive to a player like that.
In reserve grade he is allowed to play his natural game.
But if he gets chosen for FG unfortunately he can't do that and ends up looking really shit the way Pay has us playing
It certainly looks that way to me as well. He killed it yesterday. Notice how at least once in every set he passed from dh and then did the ol wrap around to get himself involved in the attack? He was dynamic.
It really shows how unshackled Henderson has let him be.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After watching yesterday's Canterbury cup game, this is how my team would look.

1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. DWZ
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis (when he comes back)
8. Ogden
9. Brown (let's see how he goes today)
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Tolman

14. To'omaga
15. RFM
16. Kalache
17. Fualalo

Last edited:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa could be Canterbury Cup
Player of the year and I still wouldn’t let him near first grade again. He has had over 4 seasons to prove himself. Time to cut him loose pre-June 30

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa can play, said it a few weeks back.. just needs to play his game. He isn't a pass to a dominant half player, he is a old Robbie or Ennis get out and make a play around the ruck 1st option. Sad he hasn't develop more to his game. Needs to work on his passing obviously and speed & Prob drop a kg.
Thanks for telling us a few weeks back that licha can play and being wrong about that and then reminding us that you said it a few weeks back

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 tries today for Toomaga at Lock...fuck Elliott off already!!
I'm not an Elliot fan either,but I just watched the Canterbury cup game,and to Omaha,attack good,but goes missing during games.but still better option,than Elliot

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just hope the team puts in a 100% today because it is hard to watch such sub standard performances.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa has had too many chances.
He does this everytime when he's coming off contract then he goes back to his old ways.
To'omaga,Kalache and Harper needs to come in asap.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa could be Canterbury Cup
Player of the year and I still wouldn’t let him near first grade again. He has had over 4 seasons to prove himself. Time to cut him loose pre-June 30
100%
Can’t make the same mistake three times giving him a contract. Time to move on

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It certainly looks that way to me as well. He killed it yesterday. Notice how at least once in every set he passed from dh and then did the ol wrap around to get himself involved in the attack? He was dynamic.
It really shows how unshackled Henderson has let him be.
Thats exactly right. It's unfortunate because sometimes you have players who do have great potential but its ruined by whoever is coaching. The quality of rugby league in general across most of the 16 clubs has been very poor this year.