Please tell me this bloke has no idea

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is bullshit.
Poor performance isn’t evidence of “losing the locker room”
Plenty of great teams have had internal turmoil and plenty of shit teams have been tight as family.
This 13yo kid is trying to make a name for himself. Pretty much everything on that page is horseshit.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Not sure how you cant see Pay is the problem. He is woeful at every aspect of being a coach, team selections, bench rotation and the teams game plan. The guy has yet to improve a single player
I am very concerned about how Pay is coaching and the areas you mention are key to my concerns. I just can't stand the accusation that the players have decided to not listen, tank and think they know better. They are on the field - even with a shit coach, you should be playing your guts out, competing for every inch of the turf and for that ball. We seem to let them strip the ball off us legally and we seem to be dumb enough to strip it from them illegally. Our passing game is under 6's - they are in FG ffs, since when did passing become such a fucking hard part of their role?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how the club doesn’t want to mention rebuild most of the times yet a club “insider” probably the cleaner or janitor or lawn mower got all the goss and passed it onto some random.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very concerned about how Pay is coaching and the areas you mention are key to my concerns. I just can't stand the accusation that the players have decided to not listen, tank and think they know better. They are on the field - even with a shit coach, you should be playing your guts out, competing for every inch of the turf and for that ball. We seem to let them strip the ball off us legally and we seem to be dumb enough to strip it from them illegally. Our passing game is under 6's - they are in FG ffs, since when did passing become such a fucking hard part of their role?
It’s a fair point. In the end the players are playing for their own contracts and you’d think they’d be putting in as you said to help earn more money. The majority of the squad wouldn’t get signed anywhere else the way they are playing at present...maybe England. It is evident that they have all regressed under Pay though

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am sorry, but when players play shit - using the coach as the reason rather than owning it and levelling up, is downright bullshit. Players who are in excuses and blame the coach mode are a big reason the team is not cohesive and not competing with intensity. I would sooner blame them before a coach that is not telling them to try less, forget ball security, pass behind the player, pass too far in front, lay on the player long enough to give a penalty, strip the ball in front of the ref. Please, this is getting pathetic for me. Pay needs to fire a rocket up their arses if he can see they are getting two faced. Drop as many as you have to, so players get the message, the Club comes first!
Totally agree, but this “thing” “attitude” “mindset” whatever you want to call it, is a whole club malaise.

When the board started spreading the “salary cap crisis” bullshit, I posted saying that just sets the club up to fail!! As it provides an excuse for everyone to underachieve and to take the easy options if they want to.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Isn’t that that kid that used to get roasted here? Billris or something? Would make crap up and claim inside sources when he was like 12?
Nah Billiris / bulldogsfan is like 18 or something now and matured.

He's still around here somewhere with a new user account (that even I don't remember), and doesn't post as often.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on! Given we contracted a “skills” coach preseason- our passing & positional game is appalling across the park. The next most important investment the club needs to make is in the coaching department- Pay is not getting much development or improvement with his current assistants Antonelli, Georgallis, Penna or James.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Spot on! Given we contracted a “skills” coach preseason- our passing & positional game is appalling across the park. The next most important investment the club needs to make is in the coaching department- Pay is not getting much development or improvement with his current assistants Antonelli, Georgallis, Penna or James.
one thing to keep in mind is that when you try to break bad habits and create new ones, you actually take a step back in performance. The brain is unsure and begins to second guess as you exert a lot of conscious effort to remember what you have to do. There is no instinct and flow in this phase. It is not fun. And this can affect your confidence and it can make you worse if you don't understand this process and stay resilient to the setbacks. Add inexperience to this, pressure from fans and media, constantly losing and people doubting your coach - we have a recipe for disaster on our hands.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey mate. You will be crucified on here for blaming anyone except the coach.
People need to realise that the roster is sub standard with a couple of exceptions.
A combination of Wayne Bennett and Jack Gibson would not achieve much with this team.
And the Board are well aware of the lack of talent in some of the players.
FUCK OFF!!!!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if bulldogsfans is the same guy that used to post on here.. Reckons he played cricket for Australia or something like that.

Pretty sure he was a huge Ennis fan too

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A coach is only as good as his players . Says it all