Official Round 14 - Dogs vs Roosters - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would give Griffin a go.

Griffin was sacked twice because of Wayne Bennett.

Bennett wanted to return to Brisbane, so Griffin was sacked...

Gould had a handshake deal with Bennett to join Penrith, so Griffin was sacked....
So if we sign Griffin we will eventually end up with Bennett?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is the buck stops with Pay he is the one responsible for the final product. Georgallis can only do so much as a assistant coach and we don't know how much input he does have.

If Georgallis was interim coach he would do things his way and he does have experience taking over mid season.
Dean is responsible and at the end it all falls on him
For mine he is the conductor of everything from structures,junior development,recruitment and anything else football related
He would have been fully aware of these demands when the position was handed to him
It’s no easy task

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw something on facebook on Clarkeys page or some shit

Our backline this weekend will be;
1. DWZ
2. Montoya
3. R Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Meaney
6. Nu Brown
7. Foran
Anyone know if this will be the lineup?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just don’t get the point of naming a line-up then completely fucking with it.

Seriously, who gives a shit, name the right line-up and stick with it.
I know right! Who does Pay think he is fooling but if saying that there was plenty of rumours last week and there was only one change. One of the worst things being in those position is all the bullshit rumours it creates.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. DWZ
2. Montoya
3. R Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Meaney
6. Nu Brown
7. Foran

I love it

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I am not going to watch the parodies play this weekend. Why waste 2 hours of watching parody footballers and a parody coach dish the same shit out on T.V when I can just use my model railway layout and my ps4 knowing I can get joy out of them and not the parodies on thr field.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My dad, a mad Rooters supporter since the Jack Gibson days, has been recalled to Sydney from the bush in the last few days as his cancer has made a comeback. I'm going down to Sydney this week to offer support for him, and noted that by pure coincidence the dogs and rooters are playing on Sunday arvo.

The plan now is to sneak him out of the ward at St Vincents, to the game and back again before anybody notices he's missing - at least the SCG is closeby...

The flogging will be worth cheering him up :grinning:
Hope your dad feels better mate

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Defense is attitude and the St George game showed that the attitude in the playing group is extremely poor..

I think for the most of the year the players have really tried and were just not capable enough.. but now they are losing or have lost hope...
Hope and any sort of faith in the coach

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not how I see it, what I saw were players making flat out stupid decisions in defence. For example if they had "lost hope" then they wouldn't even bother rushing up out of the line.

Go Dogs
So your saying they are happy and content with the coach and current ladder position but they are just dumb *****?hhmmmm you may be onto something there

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

1. DWZ
2. Montoya
3. R Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Meaney
6. Nu Brown
7. Foran
Club are pretty confident Cogger will play, and Meaney can't play wing.. he'll end up in row 5 on the first tackle.

Also Nu is starting in NSW Cup.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lowest scoring team
Highest total Metres against
Zero creativity
Zero line speed
Zero ruck domination
Zero offloads and second phase play

Weak as piss soft cream puffs led by the biggest failure ever to coach our beloved club.

It’s a shambles and the media are calling us the “team that plays other teams back into form”

Hang your head in shame putrid pay!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Two clubs dumped their coaches in the last two weeks in the AFL for similar terrible performances and won a few games. We will never string 5 wins in a row but even blind Freddy can tell Pay is holding this team back

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean pay should have never been chosen. Anyone who does nrl coaching apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart needs to be fucked off

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Two clubs dumped their coaches in the last two weeks in the AFL for similar terrible performances and won a few games. We will never string 5 wins in a row but even blind Freddy can tell Pay is holding this team back
Isn’t he coaching the blues? Lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowest scoring team
Highest total Metres against
Zero creativity
Zero line speed
Zero ruck domination
Zero offloads and second phase play

Weak as piss soft cream puffs led by the biggest failure ever to coach our beloved club.

It’s a shambles and the media are calling us the “team that plays other teams back into form”

Hang your head in shame putrid pay!
I have never criticized Pay before nor called for his sacking, far to many particularly (on TK) jump on the sack the coach bandwagon as soon as we lose a few games.
My take is that with all the assistants now involve in the coaching of the team in today's game, the main task of a head coach should be a mentor to the players, (get them in the right head space,) it doesn't look like Pay is very good at it IMHO.
I just our next coach is one who can motivate our players and unite the team, but this wont be easy with the crap put on our club by some on the media, and bad on field calls.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Dean pay should have never been chosen. Anyone who does nrl coaching apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart needs to be fucked off
Right, because the Raiders are doing so shit right now in 3rd spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.