Official Round 14 - Dogs vs Roosters - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dont be surprised when the game starts the team will run on as named but DWZ and Meaney will swap in game with Monty moving to centre pushing Meaney to the wing.
Those tactics atr far too complicated for at least two of those 3. Roosters by God knows how many.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont be surprised when the game starts the team will run on as named but DWZ and Meaney will swap in game with Monty moving to centre pushing Meaney to the wing.
Good to see Pay doing something about the shocking defence on that edge. I’m sure shuffling players mid game will sort it out.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone now needs to stop blaming Pay. Pay didnt resign himself. Pay is never going to sack himself. Blind Freddy can see his out of his depth and lost the dressing room.

Now everyone needs to move there attention to the board. They are the ones in charge remember. They resigned Pay (dumbest move ever). Pay can't coach for shit its obvious so can someone tell me what the fuck is the board doing about it? Start blaming the board and no longer Pay.
But the board have the clubs best interest here.

But the board know what they are doing so be patient.

But the board have a plan but can't reveal it.

But the board are not happy either but don't want to look like the old board by re-signing Pay then sacking him.

These are all the things you will hear from those who think everything is under control, when really things are spiralling way out of control where the board are content in letting the fans down and expecting them to pay their money to go and watch amateurish footy.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

But the board are not happy either but don't want to look like the old board by re-signing Pay then sacking him.

These are all the things you will hear from those who think everything is under control, when really things are spiralling way out of control where the board are content in letting the fans down and expecting them to pay their money to go and watch amateurish footy.

My question to you is, what is the expectation of making a change coach wise now? Do you think there is someone who is going to step in and turn things around, especially with run of games we have coming up. The board knows Pay is living on borrowed time. Just let the process sort itself out. We will have a new coach next year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course they do, look at who is on the Board and tell me that they aren't 100% Bulldogs.

Exactly, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Of course they do and they have revealed it, many times.

Which Board Members said that?

I don't see any "spiralling", what I see is controlled, planned and executed advancement, letting go of players that are not in our plans going forward (eg; Saddler), recruiting decent players to fill vacancies (eg; Stimson), taking advantages of situations when they arise to recruit quality players (eg; DWZ).

So the above doesn't get misconstrued, that's my opinion of the Board's actions, which has nothing to do whatsoever with how devastated I am by the on field performance.

Go Dogs

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question to you is, what is the expectation of making a change coach wise now? Do you think there is someone who is going to step in and turn things around, especially with run of games we have coming up. The board knows Pay is living on borrowed time. Just let the process sort itself out. We will have a new coach next year.
Absolutely there would be a coach out there that would like to take the job on now. Which coach wouldn't when he will have approx 9 million to spend? He will be prepared to see out the crap that is going on out on the field with what he has to work with not to mention every coaches dream would be to build his own team. With him coming in at the end of next season (with Pay being signed until then) he would've had no say in the signings. So, what happens when he doesn't like a player/s? Yes, he want's to move them on causing instability. Just look at the Tigers for example. Cleary signs players, McGuire moves them on all within a year or two.

Act now on Pay so we can move forward with a new coach. Just like DWZ and Stimson signings, they see that with the changes in playing roster about to occur will come with results. It will be the same vision of the new coach if he came in now. It's a no brainer.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not an improvement on results that's important, it's developing our style of play and younger players that's the most important thing. And also having a coach that doesn't play favourites and piss off half of the playing group.

We're all resigned to winning the spoon but get an interim in who is told to play attacking, positive footy without forwards playing as halves. Play Ogden 45 minutes plus, play CHN 80, play Renouf off the bench, give chances to Lewis, Harper and Katoa and maybe Wakeham and Kalache etc also while dropping Elliott, Montoya and Sue and reducing Tolman and Jackson's minutes...

Keeping Pay til the end of the season just stifles the development of those players and makes the job harder for the next full time coach.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With this game being played at the SCG i wonder if the Roosters will consider declaring their innings shut at half time

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It's not an improvement on results that's important, it's developing our style of play and younger players that's the most important thing. And also having a coach that doesn't play favourites and piss off half of the playing group.

We're all resigned to winning the spoon but get an interim in who is told to play attacking, positive footy without forwards playing as halves. Play Ogden 45 minutes plus, play CHN 80, play Renouf off the bench, give chances to Lewis, Harper and Katoa and maybe Wakeham and Kalache etc also while dropping Elliott, Montoya and Sue and reducing Tolman and Jackson's minutes...

Keeping Pay til the end of the season just stifles the development of those players and makes the job harder for the next full time coach.
I'm not saying keep him till the end of season. But there is no one who is going to jump in and be able to turn this around now. Especially with what you are asking. Best to wait till the carnage of the next 5-6 rounds plays out, and then bite the bullet. There is enough time to get the pressure of the players then, and have a caretaker coach who will just let the squad loose with there play and hopefully knock some wins up against a lower tier of opposition.

Cause there is no way we are getting the coach we want mid season.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those tactics atr far too complicated for at least two of those 3. Roosters by God knows how many.
I have a feeling not many of you have been watching the Roosters this past month.
Since the 45th min v Canberra, they have scored 32 points & conceded 90.
They are not playing well & are still missing Keary, JWH & Friend. Don’t be suprised if the SuperCoach dosen’t rest a couple more.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling not many of you have been watching the Roosters this past month.
Since the 45th min v Canberra, they have scored 32 points & conceded 90.
They are not playing well & are still missing Keary, JWH & Friend. Don’t be suprised if the SuperCoach dosen’t rest a couple more.
Have you been watching the Bulldogs lately? The Dragons were in a similar slump and they pumped us.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you been watching the Bulldogs lately? The Dragons were in a similar slump and they pumped us.
Exactly. There isn't a team in the comp that comes CLOSE to us, in terms of going bad lol.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying keep him till the end of season. But there is no one who is going to jump in and be able to turn this around now. Especially with what you are asking. Best to wait till the carnage of the next 5-6 rounds plays out, and then bite the bullet. There is enough time to get the pressure of the players then, and have a caretaker coach who will just let the squad loose with there play and hopefully knock some wins up against a lower tier of opposition.

Cause there is no way we are getting the coach we want mid season.
When a new coach comes in generally teams spirits lift, better attitude and they come out with a new playing style that rejuvenates the team and notch up some wins. It's exactly what could happen if we bring in a new coach now. We can't get any worse than what's going on now.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
When a new coach comes in generally teams spirits lift, better attitude and they come out with a new playing style that rejuvenates the team and notch up some wins. It's exactly what could happen if we bring in a new coach now. We can't get any worse than what's going on now.
Or you can have the Broncos Seibold scenario, horrid with their playing roster. Plus where the payers you want to keep are leaving and the ones you don't want to keep have nowhere to go.

Go Dogs

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw something on a FB rumours page. Saying our backline will be this come Sunday

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Brown
7. Foz

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw something on a FB rumours page. Saying our backline will be this come Sunday

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Brown
7. Foz
Just seen that as well I like the fact if its true get a chance to see Smith in the centres I think Meaney on the wing will be interesting the roosters have got two massive wingers in Tupou and hall be interesting if they target him time will tell

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they do, look at who is on the Board and tell me that they aren't 100% Bulldogs.

Exactly, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Of course they do and they have revealed it, many times.

Which Board Members said that?

I don't see any "spiralling", what I see is controlled, planned and executed advancement, letting go of players that are not in our plans going forward (eg; Saddler), recruiting decent players to fill vacancies (eg; Stimson), taking advantages of situations when they arise to recruit quality players (eg; DWZ).

So the above doesn't get misconstrued, that's my opinion of the Board's actions, which has nothing to do whatsoever with how devastated I am by the on field performance.

Go Dogs
You don't see any spiralling? Shit mate I don't know what you are watching but we definitely are not looking at the same picture here.

I know in time that things will change and results will come our way, it's a vicious cycle I know but by simply not acting now on what is most important other than the salary cap where we are seeing changes, not removing Pay immediately is ludicrous.

Our brand is being damaged here and to sit there and accept what is going on without taking any actions is only decreasing the value of the product the board is trying to sell. End result, membership numbers and attendances drop. Something no club in the NRL can afford. As the old saying goes, "it's a results driven business". We are not getting results. Heads must roll now!

Even the best sporting clubs in the world act swiftly when results aren't coming as expected. Take Manchester United in the EPL what they did to one of the most successful managers Jose Mourinho. BTW, he was contracted til end of 2020.

After starting the 2018–19 season with just seven wins in the first 17 Premier League games, leaving Manchester United 19 points behind the league leaders, Mourinho was sacked by the club on 18 December 2018.

And we can't sack Pay, why again?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With this game being played at the SCG i wonder if the Roosters will consider declaring their innings shut at half time
Hopefully the rotters will declare at 1/2 time, but I'd bet that Jackson will call for the new ball well before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.