RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no idea if this has any truth to it. And like the DCE and Taumololo contracts ten years is a massive gamble. One very serious knee injury could mean we have a tenth of our cap tied up in someone who has lost a huge portion of their pace at any stage over the 10 years. I'd love to have a player with his class signing up. But it's a HUGE gamble.

The flip side of it is that any similar talent we chased would also be asking the question 'If Mitchell is worth that much why shouldn't I be able to ask for similar money?'

A 5 year deal I could handle at this price. But I think with the NRL allowing refereeing decisions to drive fans away from the game that the tv sponsorship deal we chase next is not going to be anything close to comparable to the current deal and the salary cap might drop.

If the million we are talking about has a significant portion of TPA deals involved it's not as risky, but we're not able to guarantee that.

I'd be interested in comparisons of which rumours Masterp has been behind and which player manager is operating on behalf of those players he's started rumours about. Not meaning to cast suspicion on MasterP. But I wouldn't put it past an agent to use a forum to drive the rumour mill alongside social media and official media sources. It just doesn't seem like what the board has said and this rumour go hand in hand.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no problem in paying that much, 10y term is simply crazy

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some random rumour about latrell signing with us.... 9 pages of the kennel arguing about where we will play him.

Nek minit. We sign Micheal Jennings on a 10yr deal

A

Alexander the Great

I didn't say don't sign him. I said not 10 years. My comment is an observation on the pattern over the past 20 yeare. Struth. Not one bit of racism. It's the Agendas i alluded to. Call me what you like.
Your are a anti-dentite

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow. So don't sign an aboriginal because they've got old habits which I imagined in your biggoted world is drinking? Don't sign a Maouri because they have fucked up face tatoos and are always getting into fights. Don't sign a lebanese guy because he's always ....

I just can't believe you've come up with such a stupid arse argument dude. And I question why you don't make such sweeping statements about other cultures. Or are you a selective biggot?
Here we go another one with the stupid biggot/racist argument. Go back and read his post again. He didn't say not to sign the bloke. He's only stating what he's seen over the last 20 years.
Yes, some players of some cultures need mentors and guidence. It's just the way it is mate. When we state they need mentors and guidence, it means we care and are concerned for their well being long term by no means is this a racist or bigotted comment. Strike me bloody pink, blue, orange and yellow how sensitive and F.....up has society become. Geeeeezzzz

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here we go another one with the stupid biggot/racist argument. Go back and read his post again. He didn't say not to sign the bloke. He's only stating what he's seen over the last 20 years.
Yes, some players of some cultures need mentors and guidence. It's just the way it is mate. When we state they need mentors and guidence, it means we care and are concerned for their well being long term by no means is this a racist or bigotted comment. Strike me bloody pink, blue, orange and yellow how sensitive and F.....up has society become. Geeeeezzzz
The sooner we realize all human-beings from all different cultural backgrounds have their problems and flaws and at some sage in history have been victims the sooner the world will be .
It's fine to express your opinion, it's not when we generalize...It is racism !!!
One thing for sure...Us humans are so good at oppressing prosecuting and killing each other !!!
Has anyone on here ever been a victim of any of the above ???
And I thought this is a sport forum :upset:

Last edited:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate we would b lucky to get Mitchel, we sign him, others would follow

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea if this has any truth to it. And like the DCE and Taumololo contracts ten years is a massive gamble. One very serious knee injury could mean we have a tenth of our cap tied up in someone who has lost a huge portion of their pace at any stage over the 10 years. I'd love to have a player with his class signing up. But it's a HUGE gamble.

The flip side of it is that any similar talent we chased would also be asking the question 'If Mitchell is worth that much why shouldn't I be able to ask for similar money?'

A 5 year deal I could handle at this price. But I think with the NRL allowing refereeing decisions to drive fans away from the game that the tv sponsorship deal we chase next is not going to be anything close to comparable to the current deal and the salary cap might drop.

If the million we are talking about has a significant portion of TPA deals involved it's not as risky, but we're not able to guarantee that.

I'd be interested in comparisons of which rumours Masterp has been behind and which player manager is operating on behalf of those players he's started rumours about. Not meaning to cast suspicion on MasterP. But I wouldn't put it past an agent to use a forum to drive the rumour mill alongside social media and official media sources. It just doesn't seem like what the board has said and this rumour go hand in hand.
Players managers aren't stupid, we'll kinda. When they see a club like the Dogs ready to open their cheque book they then blackmail the current club the player is at with threats of leaving. It's how the game works. Forget no negotiations before November 1st, player managers approach clubs whenever they want. If the rumour has any legs to it i think we are just being used to get Mitchell's contract upgraded at the rorters imo. Hope I'm wrong and we get him and I'll be happy to eat my words.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be a dream getting a player of Mitchells caliber
But 10 years is a massive risk considering the possibilities of lost form or injuries
Foran has 3 years contract and we are having nightmares
In reality we are desperate for the X-FACTOR for attracting fans and sponsors
In saying all this there are no guaranties but any thing is possible

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brah If Mitchell is going anywhere its the rabbits...

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Take it easy mate! I don't think Heckler was being racist at all. As soon as someone points out something then everybody jumps on it and gives it a label like "racism"

And go wash your filthy mouth out!
No need to defend me DW. I don't respond to name callers who don't know me from a bar of soap. "Water off a duck's back quack quack" lol.
But thanks champ.