How Phil Gould helped deliver Watene-Zelezniak to the Bulldogs

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not sure what it is but Gus has a soft spot for our club. Has always spoke highly of the dogs hopefully he will be a help in attracting more quality players for us its is a great start if he does. Gould is respected by a lot of players
Gus does have a soft spot for the club. He bought a car off me for his daughter maybe a year and a half or 2 years ago. He had nothing but good things to say about the dogs but was disappointed in what had happened to us

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus does have a soft spot for the club. He bought a car off me for his daughter maybe a year and a half or 2 years ago. He had nothing but good things to say about the dogs but was disappointed in what had happened to us
Yes he prattles on a bit but i would be happy in gus helping our club. His a positive for our club

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of damage you're referring to?
Gould knows and uses psychology better than anyone I currently know, it would take to long for me to post all the details of comments he made which convinced me that over the years he has done a lot of harm to our club.
He now appears to have mellowed down and may be even trying to do our club some good, after all we all know that we are now a total basket case and perhaps he has something of a conscience and feels sorry for us which any decent RL fan would do at present. But one thing I'm sure of is that he would never want us to beat his pet Rotters which he is still very close to.
A current coach who worked with him and was keen at that time to get the coaching job at our club described him as a man of agenders.
On the plus side he has a great profile and could attract players (which we badly need) to our club, but he would never want us to win another comp.
On the minus side putting a fox in the chicken coup is never a good idea.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Get him to do a complete review of the joint and structure a 5 year plan. If the Board see innovations and outstanding improvements that can help the club, then we should offer him a position.

Raising our standing in the media and in general is crucial to any future success.

No other footy identity can offer all that to the Club...and we need it desperately atm.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear that mate but I think our suffering won't go on as long as I thought it might, Some positive things happening in the club!!
I can assure you i am not from the daily propaganda.
I would LOVE to hear some good news about our club for a change if you would care to share.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I would LOVE to hear some good news about our club for a change if you would care to share.
In the last week, released Saddler, signed Stimson from next year and signed DWZ from this week for this year and next year. Them's really good news, IMHO.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the last week, released Saddler, signed Stimson from next year and signed DWZ from this week for this year and next year. Them's really good news, IMHO.

Go Dogs
Wouldnt argue with that, though curious to know what others are hearing outside of the common knowledge items.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldnt argue with that, though curious to know what others are hearing outside of the common knowledge items.
Personally I don't expect to hear much at all, not that nothing is happening just that the Board and Coaching Staff aren't broadcasting, just getting on with it.

Go Dogs

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus at the Dogs is a no brainer.

Premiership winning player and coach with a tonne of influence and knowledge.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.. life with Gus after pay gone aye!! May be getting louder lol.. I guess it’s a hell of a lot better then what we have And Mr Gould could definitely attract a player or two :grinning:

I’m not against it !!
I agree, Gus will definitely attract some superstars to our club.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to see Phil at the Dogs to work on a world class junior academy amongst other things.

Somehow, i reckon Penrith was his last club adventure, and I am sure Channel 9 is forking out a nice pay packet, all for stress free work.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was to take over from Greenturd one day, but than again he would be drilled from all over, that he favours his Panthers, Roosters and Dogs

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also he wont put up with the negative stories the media throw at us constantly....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also he wont put up with the negative stories the media throw at us constantly....
The Telegraph hammered Gould and Panthers for years over the 5 year plan and were all over the sex videos I'm not sure Gould would fix that up.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think in some way Gould would be a positive for our club. His high profile in the media would be enough. Our club is hammered by the ratbags in the media Gould could counter that. Also his comments are rarely challenged. In addition his liked by most the players and as he did with DWZ could help with our rebuild. I am sure he could start his own team if he wanted.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Telegraph hammered Gould and Panthers for years over the 5 year plan and were all over the sex videos I'm not sure Gould would fix that up.
Yeah true spoonman. Not sure anyone could fix the sex videos. He seemed to have been quite disappointed and taken back with the videos. Maybe that contributed to his departure at Penrith. Think otherwise he is quite influential.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah true spoonman. Not sure anyone could fix the sex videos. He seemed to have been quite disappointed and taken back with the videos. Maybe that contributed to his departure at Penrith. Think otherwise he is quite influential.
That’s right Bully, I have come around to Gus having a role in the club. Maybe as a consultant or something similar? I wouldn’t want him having a massive say but his advice could be useful.