RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m all for this deal. As others said we aren’t exactly screaming sign here we have kebabs....

We won’t beat storm, Rabbitohs; roosters etc offering the same kind of deals. Even with a slightly higher offer I’m sure they find more third payments or off the book shady shit with Russel and nick. A 10 year contract is fucking ballsy. Though if it got us taumalolo I’d of done it within a Fucking heartbeat. I wouldn’t take dce on that. I also wouldn’t want it on a 25-26 year old. Latrell is young enough to roll that dice for what he is and has ahead of him in my opinion.

We have top of the art facilities (allegedly wouldn’t know it with what’s put in on field)

If you sign latrell Mitchell to a long term deal he is a arguably a top 5 player for the next decade others will have more to join for.

Also spells the end of tolman on the 4th I hope

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does Latrell want to move to 1 or 6 because he thinks it'll net him more money? I'm confused, why be the 3rd best Fullback or 5/8 of this era when he could be the best Centre of all time?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does Latrell want to move to 1 or 6 because he thinks it'll net him more money? I'm confused, why be the 3rd best Fullback or 5/8 of this era when he could be the best Centre of all time?
I think because he wants more involvement than you get at centre and wants to challenge himself to become a more dominant player. He wants the extra responsibility. Which is a good sign. Even the best centre can get limited touches because that's the nature of the position. At fullback and five-eighth you have to get more involved and are allowed to roam and play with a lot more freedom.

It's open to debate whether he succeeds there. I think he will. I'd rather we found out with him at our club than somewhere else.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't agree that its a risk we have to take.. I would rather risk it on either Ponga or Munster. Latrell has had issues previously and is actually having one right now .. far too inconsistent to throw that sort of money at
I'd rather offer that sort of deal to Ponga also to be honest. But Latrell wouldn't be a bad second prize. The length of the deal is just a gesture more than anything. We all know contracts mean nothing these days and if he wanted to leave or acted up, clubs would be lining up to take him off our hands.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think because he wants more involvement than you get at centre and wants to challenge himself to become a more dominant player. He wants the extra responsibility. Which is a good sign. Even the best centre can get limited touches because that's the nature of the position. At fullback and five-eighth you have to get more involved and are allowed to roam and play with a lot more freedom.

It's open to debate whether he succeeds there. I think he will. I'd rather we found out with him at our club than somewhere else.
His parents want the cash to buy out the stock at Taree.

Mitchell is a lazy player who drifts in and out of games, and the last thing he wants or needs is the added workload which increases the pressure!

There are clubs out there who will throw $1m at Mitchell, as a centre no doubt. Will they be willing to do it for 10 years? Thats up for debate

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His parents want the cash to buy out the stock at Taree.

Mitchell is a lazy player who drifts in and out of games, and the last thing he wants or needs is the added workload which increases the pressure!

There are clubs out there who will throw $1m at Mitchell, as a centre no doubt. Will they be willing to do it for 10 years? Thats up for debate
I'm not doubting he drifts in and out of games. That's why I hope him moving to fullback snaps him out of that because you can't hide at fullback and he seems like the type who truly wants to be great.

I think he's probably reached lofty heights so soon just on natural ability so he hasn't worked as hard as others have to to get there. Hopefully taking on more responsibility at a new club and being their key player while playing a more important position makes him take that next step to truly realise his potential.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Considering the massive cleanup we could have
Here's how things might be falling in place for 2020 then 2021 not including who is on the books now
1. Papenhayzun
4. Ramien / Blake
6. Mitchell
8. Thompson
9. Robson / Brailey
12. SBW
Just having a quick look at the crystal ball...
The LORD OF FIRE TOLD ME :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I want Papenhuyzen and Robson to be true so bad

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Save coin, throw 600k a year at xerri

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL in 10 years Latrell is more likely to have gone off the rails in a bizzare sort of Greg Inglis tribute.

I'm pretty sure you can't register contracts that long with the NRL.
Cowboys signed taumalolo for ten years

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't sign any player for 10 years, all the risk is on the club. Player plays shit then he milks the club dry, player plays great then he sooks and asks for more money and/or tries to force a move.

And it does matter where he plays, because apparently I don't want him because I said I wouldn't play him in the spine lol.
Depends on the player I wouldn’t sign Latrell for 10 years but the cowboys got a bargain with taumalolo

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This story is garbage for sure.