RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tom is a better fullback than Latrell, but yes there are doubts due to his recent injury history. Toms workrate also blows Latrells out of the sky.

Lots of players want to change positions, doesn't always work out for them. My opinion on this won't change, no way will I support this sort of deal on a player that isn't established in his position while also carrying doubts about him transitioning.
Anyway, I respect your opinion and we'll just go round and round in circles... As I said, in a year or so we'll see how Latrell adapts to a position change. I think he'll handle fullback better than 5/8th and think he'll be the best fullback after Teddy, Ponga and RTS if he moved there.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously look at Mitchell’s body type..I’m not kidding he will be in forward pack within 3 years, he’s getting bigger every week and when you look at his brother...huge

I can’t see him in the back line after maybe 3 years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyway, I respect your opinion and we'll just go round and round in circles... As I said, in a year or so we'll see how Latrell adapts to a position change. I think he'll handle fullback better than 5/8th and think he'll be the best fullback after Teddy and RTS if he moved there.
And I think he will die at fullback and people will be begging for him to switch back lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And I think he will die at fullback and people will be begging for him to switch back lol.
You're a stubborn fucker! Haha. I've been wrong plenty before and may be on Latrell but I said the same thing about GI when he was at Melbourne when people were saying the same thing about him that he couldn't play fullback and I got that one right. Hopefully Latrell makes the transition just as well...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're a stubborn fucker! Haha. I've been wrong plenty before and may be on Latrell but I said the same thing about GI when he was at Melbourne when people were saying the same thing about him and I got that right. Hopefully Latrell makes the transition just as well...
GI won a Clive Churchill at 6 and had performed in that position at times already...the move to fullback also arguably cut short his career.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised this story hasn’t made headlines yet. Uncle Nick must’ve issued a media suppression order while he cooks up a new set of books that frees up $10 million under the cap!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
GI won a Clive Churchill at 6 and had performed in that position at times already...the move to fullback also arguably cut short his career.
Inglis was playing through injuries his whole career. It was a neck injury that did him in at the end and he didn't look like he got himself into the best shape the last several years which wouldn't have helped with injury prevention.

Obviously that's a concern with Mitchell as well considering his natural size but if he played 10 years at fullback then I'm sure his body would hold up fine til he was 31.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Boys who mentioned the ‘franchise player’ or ‘big fish’ or whatever it was in the other thread haven’t said a word so I’m guessing there is some merit to this.

10 year deal before we’ve made some
other critical decisions - both in the front office and on the field- seems extremely extravagant however.

Time will tell but it seems the club has a bold play coming up either way.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May as well, take him.. if he wants to play fullback and his body on holds up for a few years there then so be it, it’s a few years of quality, and exciting footy we as supporters get to witness. And then I’f he has to change positions that’s great , I’m all for it and hope it happens.!!

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he having arguments with his manager? I doubt his contract is in his mind if he got manager issues

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reading his comments on FoxSports he doesn't sound happy at all about Fittler throwing him under the bus. And rightly so. Fittler didn't hammer Cleary for doing nothing for 80 minutes.

At least Latrell admitted he needs to play better and will work hard to improve but as he said in this interview, it was one game and Fittler went overboard with the criticism.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only players worthy of that type of contract is Munster & Tedesco

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boys who mentioned the ‘franchise player’ or ‘big fish’ or whatever it was in the other thread haven’t said a word so I’m guessing there is some merit to this.

10 year deal before we’ve made some
other critical decisions - both in the front office and on the field- seems extremely extravagant however.

Time will tell but it seems the club has a bold play coming up either way.
I’ll bet everyone changes their opinion (if they’re not for it right now) if this signing was to entice the turbo brothers, Damien cook or maybe others to come back as an example. You need to land one or two franchise players to make it appealing to others.

Come to Belmore.. we have mad kebabs and charcoal chicken clearly isn’t working

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My opinion ( and that's all it is) that your all getting worked up.over nothing.
He ain't coming never was never will.
Though I must admit it is nice to dream every now and then.
You're probably right.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People forget that whilst Greg was a big lad, he was pretty lean still. Latrell carries more fat then lean mass. So yeah I agree with you, would be mad to put him in the spine.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Considering the massive cleanup we could have
Here's how things might be falling in place for 2020 then 2021 not including who is on the books now
1. Papenhayzun
4. Ramien / Blake
6. Mitchell
8. Thompson
9. Robson / Brailey
12. SBW
Just having a quick look at the crystal ball...
The LORD OF LIGHT TOLD ME :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If this is true then the club has woken up and playing hardball.

This is the only way to beat the rorters. Offer long term deals and take the risk. We can’t beat their money offers but I doubt they will want to take this risk with Mitchell.

I would go one step further and offer Munster the same deal.

Last edited: