News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Not surprised there. The thing you have to remember is that many ABC "journalists" actually work for Triple J which is left wing biased.

The thing about the ABC though is that the government is continuously trying to shut it down. If ABC news takes a biased approach to reporting then the government will shut it down. So more than any other news source in Australia, they have to avoid bias at all costs.
I personally think that while there is sometimes discussion amongst liberals about shutting it down, I don't think any Liberal prime minister would ever have the balls to do it. The backlash would be thoroughly awful.

Having said that, I don't see any reason for a government owned broadcaster (with the exception of ensuring that regional areas having access to particular content). But now that internet connections are so fast and cover so much of the country, I think a government owned broadcaster is basically irrelevant.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That seems about right. I know that 7 News jump back and force between left and right depending on the decade.

But when you look at 7 news politics today you see them criticising Labor and Liberals equally.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll get back to this but LMFAO at Channel 7 being left leaning. What a load of garbage.

In between promoting Pauline Hanson and paying her to re-invigorate her political career, to promoting a KNOWN neo-nazi as a "concerned citizen", to putting on old bag head Prue Macsween, to their utter trip of Today Tonight and having Kochie there to promote their absurd agenda, to having rumours that Rupert Murdoch and Kerry Stokes conspiring to get rid of Malcolm Turnbull, yeh sure they're left wing. LMFAO.

What bloody alternate world do you live in?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Massive LOL at the sheep in this thread trying to sound educated all the time swallowing this left v right bullshit and asking for seconds.

You took the hook, line and sinker. Instead of questioning why aren't we just told the unbiased truth in the MSM together, you guys are bickering And bitching and opposing each other and not focusing on the main problem at hand.

Some snowflakes will get offended by me calling them sheep but obviously you know I really don't give a flying fuck if the truth hurts your feelings.

Divide and conquer.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll get back to this but LMFAO at Channel 7 being left leaning. What a load of garbage.

In between promoting Pauline Hanson and paying her to re-invigorate her political career, to promoting a KNOWN neo-nazi as a "concerned citizen", to putting on old bag head Prue Macsween, to their utter trip of Today Tonight and having Kochie there to promote their absurd agenda, to having rumours that Rupert Murdoch and Kerry Stokes conspiring to get rid of Malcolm Turnbull, yeh sure they're left wing. LMFAO.

What bloody alternate world do you live in?
As I said. When you lean one way then everyone else leans the other way. I've heard many Lefties say that SMH is right wing. SMH state that they are central but they're left wing.

Channel 7 flips between the two. Lately they have been more right wing but they are still reporting some central and left wing stuff.

Today Tonight also isn't 7 news. It's a tabloid show separate from the news.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I should point out to everyone that this chart was made by one random reddit person based on his own experiences watching the news. It's not based on any real analysis or anything.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I should point out to everyone that this chart was made by one random reddit person based on his own experiences watching the news. It's not based on any real analysis or anything.
Don't let an unimportant thing like facts get in the way of pushing an agenda...

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of freedom of speech and political correctness.....

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...m/news-story/13e45524ae8d83da387947ea4b17c71e

I've always thought the AFL were very much made up of hardcore lefties, but this takes it to a new level.

If any fan says something that the AFL or police perceive to be overly aggressive or 'not nice', then they get kicked out of the stadium and potentially banned from future matches.

Imagine if the NRL tried telling you what you could and couldn't say at a game of footy.

Im surprised there isn't a bigger story being made of this.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
While we're talking left v right I suppose Kmart can be added to the "left" section of things.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...r/news-story/84f22c818e4b32dd6f4423faee6a692a

A Kmart photo kiosk ban on the words “God”, “church”, “Jesus”, “Jewish” and “bible” has been blamed on a software issue, but not everybody is buying it.

A quirk in the system emerged when shoppers tried to add captions to their photographs on Tuesday.

Shoppers Anthony Dorsett and his wife Marelynda were stopped from captioning photographs with the words “church” and “Jesus”, the Daily Telegraph reported.

An investigation that followed revealed a perceived bias. Words like “Islam”, “Allah” and “Koran” were all permissible.

Kmart responded to the story by denying the ban was intentional. A spokeswoman said it was a “system error and it will be updated overnight”.

“It in no way reflects our views as a business,” she said.

“At Kmart, we support diversity and inclusiveness irrespective of race, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, ability, appearance or attitude and we want our teams and stores to reflect the communities in which we operate.”

The word ‘church’ was banned from captions.

The word ‘Mosque’ was allowed.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...m/news-story/13e45524ae8d83da387947ea4b17c71e

I've always thought the AFL were very much made up of hardcore lefties, but this takes it to a new level.

If any fan says something that the AFL or police perceive to be overly aggressive or 'not nice', then they get kicked out of the stadium and potentially banned from future matches.

Imagine if the NRL tried telling you what you could and couldn't say at a game of footy.

There is. When the original incident happened the guy who got banned was on every news station. It was a bit of a misunderstanding though. He called the umpire a flog, but the umpire thought he said "***" and the umpire being gay found it offensive.

The fans and the security guards all confirmed that he said "flog". Problem is that the AFL should have just apologised and gave him a free season pass or something. Instead they kept going at it making things worse.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There is. When the original incident happened the guy who got banned was on every news station. It was a bit of a misunderstanding though. He called the umpire a flog, but the umpire thought he said "***" and the umpire being gay found it offensive.
I don't know why, but FMD I found that as funny as f*ck.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

The fans and the security guards all confirmed that he said "flog". Problem is that the AFL should have just apologised and gave him a free season pass or something. Instead they kept going at it making things worse.
That's better context. I wish news articles had this type of information that is actually relevant. Helps you understand things a lot more clearly.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

As someone who is losing his hair, I am a strong advocate of the idea people who use bald slurs should be fired out of a canon into the pacific.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
As someone who is losing his hair, I am a strong advocate of the idea people who use bald slurs should be fired out of a canon into the pacific.
lol

I'm probably not far behind you in the hair stakes. I'm mid 30's and lucky to still have a full head of hair (my Dad lost his in his mid 20's).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
lol

I'm probably not far behind you in the hair stakes. I'm mid 30's and lucky to still have a full head of hair (my Dad lost his in his mid 20's).
Well then....you should be on my side on this one FFS :P

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
While we're talking left v right I suppose Kmart can be added to the "left" section of things.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...r/news-story/84f22c818e4b32dd6f4423faee6a692a

A Kmart photo kiosk ban on the words “God”, “church”, “Jesus”, “Jewish” and “bible” has been blamed on a software issue, but not everybody is buying it.

A quirk in the system emerged when shoppers tried to add captions to their photographs on Tuesday.

Shoppers Anthony Dorsett and his wife Marelynda were stopped from captioning photographs with the words “church” and “Jesus”, the Daily Telegraph reported.

An investigation that followed revealed a perceived bias. Words like “Islam”, “Allah” and “Koran” were all permissible.

Kmart responded to the story by denying the ban was intentional. A spokeswoman said it was a “system error and it will be updated overnight”.

“It in no way reflects our views as a business,” she said.

“At Kmart, we support diversity and inclusiveness irrespective of race, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, ability, appearance or attitude and we want our teams and stores to reflect the communities in which we operate.”

The word ‘church’ was banned from captions.

The word ‘Mosque’ was allowed.
Saw this on the news this morning. It made me laugh. Some are saying it's an overzealous censoring by the computer system for words that could be blasphemous swear words. But I don't hear people shouting, "Church" when they stubb their toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.