RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might have some legs:

1. MasterP is one of the more reliable posters

2. Bulldogs signed Latrell’s brother, Shaquai, earlier this year (or last year, I’m not sure). It could be to help lure him over, on top of the large contract.

3. A few other posters over the last week have said that the club is going after a ‘big fish’. Latrell could be that big fish.

If true, it’s a great move by the club. Signing Latrell would help in attracting better players to the club.

Now all we need is a coach who knows what he’s doing.
Can we see a list of Master P rumors that have come to fruition

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks twice about signing Latrell is crazy. It would be the same as not signing Inglis at 21 yrs old. He is worth every cent of a million dollar deal. I would ruthlessly cut any player/s on our roster for him. There are so many reasons to sign him... he would help bring other signings... he can play centres, fullback, 5/8... he can kick goals... it would be a genuine coup!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL in 10 years Latrell is more likely to have gone off the rails in a bizzare sort of Greg Inglis tribute.

I'm pretty sure you can't register contracts that long with the NRL.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol no, not even close.

Latrells best position is without a doubt centre, it's simply no contest. Look at the mentality of him, look at his workrate, no fucking way he gets the job done at 6 or 1. Can you see him lugging his frame around at fullback all game and having anywhere near the same explosiveness he does at centre? No chance. Can you see him moving in at 6 and putting in like Munster? No chance.

Latrell is comparable to a poacher in football, he might have minimal touches and involvement but when the opportunities arise he will take them. Bloke deadset has 6 runs all game at times and doesn't take a single run form his own end, yet from those 6 runs atleast half of them result in try scoring plays whether it be from him scoring or setting up someone else.

I have no interest in us signing him on mega bucks and trying to manufacture him into something he once previously failed at and was moved away from, if he's coming then he better be coming to play centre.
No clue !

Played his whole juniors as a fullback, debuted as a fullback and killed it. I suggest you watch some of his first games. He did start to fade at the end of the season but that was mainly due to him being young. No doubt he will have to change his body shape and fitness a little bit to cope with the extra km’s of being a fullback. 1M a year is peanuts in a few years time for someone like him. Some people have rocks in their head questioning this move.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sign him up ... he'll be the difference between playing in the grand final and actually winning one...
Wasn't he a Bulldogs supporter growing up?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fucking sign him. They could finally claim rockstar signed. A decade later

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not convinced. I like the player. Matter or fact, one of tge best talents in a very long time. Only issue is old habits die hard with the indigenous. There Agendas don't mix well with the professionalism or so called professionalism of league. Outside of sport i dont mind the agenda push. It all catches up to them later. Look at the past greats or prospects. 10 years is a long time in league to be on top of your game. He wont last. To make this deal happen short or long term, he needs a mentor or a proven high profile media personality with a sporting background.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not convinced. I like the player. Matter or fact, one of tge best talents in a very long time. Only issue is old habits die hard with the indigenous. There Agendas don't mix well with the professionalism or so called professionalism of league. Outside of sport i dont mind the agenda push. It all catches up to them later. Look at the past greats or prospects. 10 years is a long time in league to be on top of your game. He wont last. To make this deal happen short or long term, he needs a mentor or a proven high profile media personality with a sporting background.
Nice attempt at masking your racism fuckwit

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
like someone mentioned give him the 10years if thats what he wants , not that a contract means much these days you need this one big fish to entice others to sign on possibly a ponga and who's to say we couldn't sign both

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow. So don't sign an aboriginal because they've got old habits which I imagined in your biggoted world is drinking? Don't sign a Maouri because they have fucked up face tatoos and are always getting into fights. Don't sign a lebanese guy because he's always ....

I just can't believe you've come up with such a stupid arse argument dude. And I question why you don't make such sweeping statements about other cultures. Or are you a selective biggot?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I get what he’s trying to say, though I don’t think it’s right either based on his race.

Be honest most kids that come from nothing have struggled (barba, Inglis, Ferguson, Roberts, hell even Thurston even as a kid and he goes on to be one of the best off the field as well as on it) list goes on.

Though same breath makes no difference in races. Dugan, carney, mason, Fittler etc etc etc are prime examples. It’s just boys getting drunk and stupid. Hell look at our off season... harmless but Elliott stirring a drink with his dick? Nothing to do with race.

I agree with everyone else. He is worth premium money. If it means take him for a decade then Fucking do it. He has that time
In first grade left and is a league above anyone bar 5 odd players.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't say don't sign him. I said not 10 years. My comment is an observation on the pattern over the past 20 yeare. Struth. Not one bit of racism. It's the Agendas i alluded to. Call me what you like.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Massive if this is true. Surely in that contract there would be certain performance clauses that are included. Personally not a fan of such a long contract. But with Mitchell he will attract players. Players want to play with him. Kudos to the board if this is in fact what they’re trying to pull off.

Though if they are willing to offer a contract like this I’d much rather offer it to the Trbojevic boys. Those boys ooze class on and off the field.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can anyone even confirm that we signed his brother?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg Inglis!