RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t it 1.2 a year every September off with pay and a Kia carnival car and 3 games during the year off as stress leave or negative media leave

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
News out of Belmore is they offered Latrell Mitchell $1M/yr for 10yrs (a Jason Taumalolo like deal) and that’s what’s rattled him. Starting from year after next.
Uncle Nick isn’t happy and doesn’t want to lose him but they have issues with 10yr contract.
Laugh is directed at the thought of the roosters panicking. Uncle nick knows he won't be around long enough, even if we don't get him at least we have unsettled the nest. Trust this info.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is more than just a centre hes a matchwinner an xfactor player
I dont disagree. Obviously his a gun player and an xfactor like you said. But his best postion is centre in my opinion. 1m a season for 10 years is crazy money for a centre. Unless his going to play fb or 5/8 then maybe. But not if his going to play centre and only touching the ball a hand full of times a game. If he makes the switch to fb like Ingis did then yes.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The guy is more than just a centre hes a matchwinner an xfactor player
I do hope if this is true that he's been told it's as a centre and not a 6 though

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would love to jag a Rooster, in his prime, and whom they desperately want to keep. Thinking aloud though, not sure they’d do it to us ‍♂

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this is true, we need a new second rower for Reggie’s..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
News out of Belmore is they offered Latrell Mitchell $1M/yr for 10yrs (a Jason Taumalolo like deal) and that’s what’s rattled him. Starting from year after next.
Uncle Nick isn’t happy and doesn’t want to lose him but they have issues with 10yr contract.
Also we have a deal with group 2 and 3 rugby league. This is perfect, we can send Latrell to junior training clinics along the mid north coast so he gets more time back home. Could be the perfect relationship

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not at centre he's not. But imagine the impact he'd have at fullback? He's filled in there numerous times and would go to another level once he made the switch. Even at 5/8th, eventually you'd see a more complete player. There's not much he can't do and he'll be a top five player for the next ten years.
He won't cut it in those positions, centre is his best spot.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont disagree. Obviously his a gun player and an xfactor like you said. But his best postion is centre in my opinion. 1m a season for 10 years is crazy money for a centre. Unless his going to play fb or 5/8 then maybe. But not if his going to play centre and only touching the ball a hand full of times a game. If he makes the switch to fb like Ingis did then yes.
Some players though you cant say hes a centre hes only worth xyz and lattrell is one of those players another example ill use is semi radradra hes only a winger so is he only worth $300k no way thats my point this is not black and white

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I do hope if this is true that he's been told it's as a centre and not a 6 though
I hope it’s fullback. Kid is one of the best and will go down as having a comparable career to GI if not better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cause we have 6's coming out of our arse? Who do we have when he gets here in 2021?
What halves wouldn't want to come here if they can ball play out to Latrell

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He won't cut it in those positions, centre is his best spot.
The same way people said Inglis couldn't play fullback? Latrell has already shown as much, probably more talent than Inglis at the same age. And he along with Slater were the two best backs for a decade plus.

We're desperate for talent and a star and we make a play for maybe the biggest young star and you're not interested? $1 million a year is nothing for Latrell when Foran, Hunt, DCE, Taumalolo, RTS, Cronk, Smith,Teddy and others would be on the same or more.

You pay for quality and Latrell is a special talent the likes of which don't come around very often. He's well worth the investment.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Imagine a left edge combo of Latrell and Remis... mmm baby

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latrell isn't being recruited as a centre. The club wouldn't make that investment for him to waste away in the centres. He has talked numerous times about how he wants to become a 5/8th or fullback as soon as next season. He only plays centre because they have Tedesco, Keary and Cronk.

He'd need time to adapt at 5/8th but he'd do what Munster does for Melbourne at worst. I think at fullback he'd be even better.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
As perspective Ash Taylor and Ben Hunt are getting that money so when you look at it that way probably a bargain if he can keep himself happy. We need a franchise player and he is so.........