What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Never been one to watch foreign shows but started on this mini series on Netflix last night called Bitter Daisies. It’s set in a small sleepy village in Spain and it’s a Police drama and the head detective is a woman from out of town investigating the disappearance of a young woman. I was going to turn it off in about 2 minutes but now I’m really hooked into it. Good thing Netflix has subtitles.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never been one to watch foreign shows but started on this mini series on Netflix last night called Bitter Daisies. It’s set in a small sleepy village in Spain and it’s a Police drama and the head detective is a woman from out of town investigating the disappearance of a young woman. I was going to turn it off in about 2 minutes but now I’m really hooked into it. Good thing Netflix has subtitles.
Two of my favourites on Netflix are The Rain (Danish) and Dark (German)

Both are a bit slow but well worth it. Excellent series.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The rain was a good show. Definitely enjoyed it but I feel like certain plot twists could have been done better to give a better reaction.

Have you seen season 2 happy! ?

I stopped watching after a few episodes lol (yes coz it seems more lefty leaning this time round).
I may be on to something as well coz if you go rotten tomatoes, critics have season 1 80% or something as opposed to 95% audience score. Season 2 has received 100% from the “critics” (activists) and 80-85% from audience.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm really into Bitter Daisies now. Really into it. Only got 4 episodes left but it's got me hook, line, and sinker. I'll be watching the next episode soon :D

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It aint current but im hooked on frank castle aka THE PUNISHER

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It aint current but im hooked on frank castle aka THE PUNISHER
The frank castle in the daredevil season 2 is the best version you will get. The other 2 try and soy him down gradually. The best part about season 2 punisher was the very last scene lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The rain was a good show. Definitely enjoyed it but I feel like certain plot twists could have been done better to give a better reaction.

Have you seen season 2 happy! ?

I stopped watching after a few episodes lol (yes coz it seems more lefty leaning this time round).
I may be on to something as well coz if you go rotten tomatoes, critics have season 1 80% or something as opposed to 95% audience score. Season 2 has received 100% from the “critics” (activists) and 80-85% from audience.
Yeah, I enjoyed season 2 but I did think of you as they make the church look pretty bad.

I don't think it was as good as the first season but it was still very good.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Are they TV shows though or mini series?

I reckon you should give Bitter Daisies a go though Hacky - I think you'll like it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are they TV shows though or mini series?

I reckon you should give Bitter Daisies a go though Hacky - I think you'll like it.
TV shows. Dark season 1 came out over a year ago. The second season is starting soon.

The Rain has 2 seasons out and the end of season 2 sets up for a massive season 3.

I probably will give Bitter Daisies a go when I get a chance.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Episode 1 of Chernobyl was pretty good

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TV shows. Dark season 1 came out over a year ago. The second season is starting soon.

The Rain has 2 seasons out and the end of season 2 sets up for a massive season 3.

I probably will give Bitter Daisies a go when I get a chance.
Wait! Season 2 of rain is out? Wtf.
Is it better than season 1? As in do they try and keep leftism to a minimum like season 1?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Wow Bitter Daisies... WOW! Episode 5... so many twists and turns, ones that I was not expecting. The ending of that episode left me really stunned. 1 episode to go now, can't wait to see how it turns out. Deeply entrenched into this.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Here's the trailer for anyone interested. 6 part mini-series, each episode is 70 mins.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The new Pennyworth trailer looks good

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bitter Daisies. WOW! I thought Episode 5 had a lot of twists to it... episode 6 put that in it's back pocket. So many twists, turns, and questions answered about everything. It was an absolutely awesome ending to a show. Nobody saw this coming. I couldn't predict this outcome if I tried. My goodness this show was awesome. I'm not going to say anything that might ruin it for anyone in case they might want to watch it... but this show was easily the best mini-series I have ever watched.

10/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit of a warning. It's pretty graphic

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Episode 1 of Chernobyl was pretty good
Agree, just finished watching the complete mini series, great stuff.

What a complete cluster fuck the handling of the disaster was.

Also watched the first episode of Euphoria, seems like it will be my kind of series.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nowhere near current, but a fantastic show that I miss dearly
images (1).jpeg

Everything is not what it seems in Trinity, South Carolina. Sheriff Lucas Buck develops a sinister interest in Caleb. Caleb's cousin Gail tries to protect him, but that's complicated since she has feelings for Sheriff Buck. And Caleb's dead sister, Merlyn, returns as an angel, warning him that Buck is an incarnation of evil - and may not be human.

Great writing, interesting story lines and a great concept. Only ran for one 22 episode season but left a lasting impression on me, and turned me into a lifelong Gary Cole fan due to his performance as Sheriff Black

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed (1).jpg
I know this has been mentioned but I don't care, I'm watching the whole series again preparing for the movie, and would like to express my admiration for this near perfect show, every episode is brilliantly crafted and Ian mcshane is a tour de force as swearagen.

(interesting fact, Ed O'Neil was hand picked by series creator David Milch to play swearagen, and did a screen test but HBO refused to cast him, thankfully)

One of the best shows ever made hands down imo, and I can't wait to savour the movie

11/10