News Bulldogs' poor form not helped by loss of young halves

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Nu Brown a crack at 7..not impressed with him at hooker. He’s done some good things in the halves recently in reggies

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Nu Brown a crack at 7..not impressed with him at hooker. He’s done some good things in the halves recently in reggies
Agree if both halves are out brown straight in. Gives us another chance to gauge his ability. (Only option)

Even if one half returns before the other at least keep Brown and get rid of JMK. (Obvious)

DWZ straight to centre to replace Montoya. (Obvious)

CHN to replace Sue on bench. (Disagree with who he replaces)

This is what I expect from Pay.

Sorry if it has been posted elsewhere before.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Cogger is out my pick would be Foran to 1/2 Hoppa to 5/8 (don't laugh it is his best position IMHO) and DWZ to replace Hoppa.
Can work imo. Probably should have gone with it yesterday when cogger was injured. They have to make adjustment to kicking role

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree he was a standout on the weekend
But hey I’m no expert,it’s up to Pay
That’s a real worry

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why not wakeman, we have nothing to lose so blood everyone you can for next year
Mate he was a turnstile in defence against a shithouse blacktown team
He got a fair way to go before nrl ready
And when I say turnstile I mean witches hat

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate he was a turnstile in defence against a shithouse blacktown team
He got a fair way to go before nrl ready
And when I say turnstile I mean witches hat
Couldn't care less how he goes in reserves.
He can't do worse than half of our first grade side, we get pumped every week so it doesn't make any difference if he's "not ready"

rotorod

Waterboy
Reaction score
Simply put Pay has too many reserve grade standard players playing in first grade. You can get away with one. Not two, three and four. Crichton, Montoya, Elliott are simply not good enough considering we've already got inexperienced blokes like Meaney, Marshall-King, Cogger/Lewis, playing key roles. These blokes should be playing reserve grade developing their game but have been thrown in the deep end because of our lack of talent and sub-par roster. We shouldn't have 3 out of 4 spine players as rookies or 2nd year players. It puts too much pressure on the rest of the team. The only good thing i noticed was JMK having a run out of dummy-half. Unfortunately Meaney was never around in support to capitalise...

rotorod

Waterboy
Reaction score
Simply put Pay has too many reserve grade standard players playing in first grade. You can get away with one. Not two, three and four. Crichton, Montoya, Elliott are simply not good enough considering we've already got inexperienced blokes like Meaney, Marshall-King, Cogger/Lewis, playing key roles. These blokes should be playing reserve grade developing their game but have been thrown in the deep end because of our lack of talent and sub-par roster. We shouldn't have 3 out of 4 spine players as rookies or 2nd year players. It puts too much pressure on the rest of the team. The only good thing i noticed was JMK having a run out of dummy-half. Unfortunately Meaney was never around in support to capitalise...

rotorod

Waterboy
Reaction score

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep that’s right pay let’s build from the good stuff. So the first 3min of the fame dragons self imploded and rfm ran into a good pass from foran with dragons lazy defence. After that we didn’t come close to competing in any degree. Lol this coach does my head in. I know he ain’t gona come out and say I have no idea but let’s be real, player selections, playing favourites and keeping proper developing players with potential in Canterbury cup is all the doing of the coach.

rotorod

Waterboy
Reaction score

rotorod

Waterboy
Reaction score

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It makes no sense that tolman handles the ball more than twice of that of foran ...Just dumb coaching

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No point having halves on the field any way when tolman is out there.
If i were a half i wouldnt sign at the club till tolman was gone.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just put Elliot at half back
Tolman at 5/8
Suaso Sue at hooker

Problem solved. Premiership winning spine right there