Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Least we aren’t the Tigers (Tim Mannah to Tigers)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parramatta club captain Tim Mannah will sensationally leave the Eels as early as Tuesday to sign with Wests Tigers.

It would end a remarkable 11 year career at Parramatta for one of the club’s most respected players.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal negotiations between Mannah, Parramatta and Wests Tigers only started late Monday afternoon.

One source close to Parramatta said: “It has all happened so fast.”

Mannah’s exit will mean the end of an era at Parramatta. Image: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
It is understood the Wests Tigers deal — at this point — would only be for the remainder of this season.

Negotiations are expected to conclude Tuesday when the deal will be formally announced by Wests Tigers.

Parramatta recently told Mannah, aged 31, that his future beyond this season was uncertain.

Mannah comes off contract after this year and was expected to leave Australia for the English Super League.

But Wests Tigers entered negotiations late and look to have signed the veteran prop although there is still a possibility talks could fall over late.

The veteran was not expected to stay with the club past this season. Image: Brett Costello
Parramatta has two outstanding young props emerging trough the grades to replace Mannah — Oregon Kaufusi and Stefano Utoikamanu.

Mannah’s negotiations were treated respectfully by Parramatta but he was informed he wouldn’t be re-signed for next season.

The Eels wanted to give Mannah sufficient time to find a new club.

Wests Tigers are understood to be signing Mannah mid-season for a bargain price. It is unknown whether Wests Tigers have plans to sign Mannah for another season in 2020.

Mannah is a former Parramatta skipper who is now club captain. Fullback Clint Gutherson is the current team skipper.

It’s been a long time - and a bit more hair - since Mannah made his Parramatta debut.
Parramatta fans will be gutted to lose Mannah, a club favourite. He has played his entire NRL club at Parramatta and many thought Mannah would retire a one-club legend.

He has played nearly 250 games for the Eels along with representing City, NSW, Lebanon and the Prime Minister’s XIII.

Mannah debuted for Parramatta against the New Zealand Warriors at Mount Smart Stadium way back in 2009.

The hardworking forward has started a number of games this season from the interchange bench.

The Eels are ready to look to the future in Clint Gutherson. Image: Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images
Wests Tigers will sign Mannah due to his strong work ethic, his ability to nurture rookies and his professionalism. The Tigers also need front-rowers.

Late last month, Mannah was demoted to reserve grade.

“It’s sad because Tim is so well loved at Parramatta,” said one source. “But this is the reality of rugby league these days.

“Parramatta has some great young props coming through and Wests Tigers also need some front-rowers. As sad as it is, everyone wins.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/e0e2a2e86a1187d47862e8e9665a621f

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I nearly died when I seen the heading on sporting news
Surprise club brings in mannah effective immediately
Heart attack

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I nearly died when I seen the heading on sporting news
Surprise club brings in mannah effective immediately
Heart attack
If it was us we should have just folded the club.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the Tigers are on the hunt for rubbish players, please knock on our door.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Amazing hahaha

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Fukn disgraceful from parra. Hes actually been playing good footy. No wonder theyve been a basket case the last 30 yrs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think we could have really used Tim here. Elliott can’t do everything himself.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How fucked must the Tigers cap be, if they can only afford Tim Mannah!!

This is a club (remember) that is trying to offload Russell Packer and Matalino!

Maybe its an Mbye and Mannah player swap (pisses himself laughing).

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How fucked must the Tigers cap be, if they can only afford Tim Mannah!!

This is a club (remember) that is trying to offload Russell Packer and Matalino!

Maybe its an Mbye and Mannah player swap (pisses himself laughing).
I worry they are making room to sign Martin from us

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, that’ll do me. I’m done for the night.!.!!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who is the bigger loser here, Tim or the Tigpies?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
McGuire wants that Big Leb front row.
8. Mannah
9. Farah
10. Twal
Twal is good, dunno about the Mannah signing... perhaps Packer off to Parra ?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the bulldogs are in a mess and really struggling, then wests tigers go and do this and i see we aren't as bad as them

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
McGuire wants that Big Leb front row.
8. Mannah
9. Farah
10. Twal
Twal is good, dunno about the Mannah signing... perhaps Packer off to Parra ?
My missus does eyebrows. If she can snare these 3, we're set for life

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From where we are siting, I'm not longer laughing at other Clubs TBH.