News I guess all the talk about pay losing the dressing room might be true

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dead set I couldn’t watch more then 1min of the press.... he looks so lost he is just repeating himself. Says we were good at the start. Yea for what 5min? We got outplayed in every aspect AGAIN in the next 75min.... keeps saying we need to build on what we have? Wtf do we have? Build off what? Is the guy smoking some serious crack
I can’t watch his pressers, I actually feel embarrassed for him

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least ten players have problems with the coach and his offsiders.Many others are neutral and some are loyal,eg the leadership group.Things will come to the boards notice soon through player managers as coach has made himself unapproachable.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
At least ten players have problems with the coach and his offsiders.Many others are neutral and some are loyal,eg the leadership group.Things will come to the boards notice soon through player managers as coach has made himself unapproachable.
How did it get so bad???

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is M for malaka?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He originally was meant to see out the season when he was told he lost the dreesing room even went to New Zealand couldn't handle it and pulled the plug himself.
As any self respecting coach would. I'm sure they guessed he would jump.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is this not noticeable to the board with the body language of the team out on the field

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reimis looks like hes going to take the first offer that comes his way
Any player that leaves prior to 2021 is pretty dumb considering the money the club will have, decent players like reimis should find themselfs playing along side some great players and he gets his chance to shine.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There are better footy minds on this forum than me.. So I ask..are the Doggies still feeling the after effects of the Hasler era..or is it Dean Pay..at this early stage in his first grade coaching career..in over his head?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are better footy minds on this forum than me.. So I ask..are the Doggies still feeling the after effects of the Hasler era..or is it Dean Pay..at this early stage in his first grade coaching career..in over his head?
I am not one of the better footy minds just an old dog, but for what its worth..

Its a good question and probably a hard one for supporters to answer neutrally while we are getting the shit kicked out of us every week.. I personally now think its a combination just like a plane crash. Its not just one issue but a collective of bad choices, decisions and mistakes (some made and some inherited) that has us we where we currently are.

Hindsight is usually the genius of people who are not actually at the coalface or involved personally so the punters normally have to rely on what they think is happening. A good example of this is DWZ signing with us, no-one on here or the so-called professionals (Kent, Rothfield etc) had mail on that until after it was already done.

Des, Cleal and the previous boards actions and back end deals with Eastwood, Mbye and She-Rex etc etc. letting players of quality go like Damian Cook and signings likes of Woods and Foran (financially with Foran and also injury risk) have all contributed to the mess inherited by the new board and the coach.

But like all good plane crashes it doesn't end there because the new board has re-signed the current coach and also the likes Michael Lichaa who is now in reggies and overseen the departure of the Morris boys and Klem. Added to this is a number of players that the professionals and the supporters alike dont understand why they are selected week in week out when they seem to be riddled with mistakes or a lack of effort and some are stuck in reggies who are trying their guts out and appear to be better options?

And then there is the discussion of the player recruitment team their plan and whats happening with our Juniors...(too long to discuss here.)

Hopefully like I mentioned on another thread, the board actually has a plan and is keeping its cards close to its chest, but with the constant floggings and growing unrest of supporters they will need to act soon one way or another. They will have to either share what their plan is (even some of it) or at the very least make a clear directive that the board like the supporters is also not happy with the current direction of the team and that if things dont improve by a certain time frame that the coach will be gone or some other action plan (outside help. extra coaches or assistance) or even a football manager above Pay might be installed.

Surely they cant deny there is a problem?

The clock is ticking and I hope Lynne, Chris and the rest of the board can read the time and the mood of its supporters and sponsors..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He lost it months ago lol..
3 wins -136 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: OMG.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The things pay has been responsible for he has failed at. Players are not improving, game plans are woeful and the off season preparation appears to have been short of what is required once again. the squad is weak - 13th at best to wooden spoon finish would be expected. One thing I notice increasingly is how easy other teams forwards dominate in defence and attack - just seem so much physically stronger or technique.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to say that Pay is baffling me. No CHN. No Lewis. No Toomaga. Tolman taking hitups in offensive situations. The team running U12 backline lateral plays left to right the entire game. No forwards running any lines or offloading. No one pushing up. Singular one out runs. That is dreadful. There are too many instances of poor selections & poor coaching to persevere with Pay. Surely the board have to intervene soon.
100% manic selections