News ‘We’ve got Nick’: Dogs coach casts doubt over star signing’s position

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd keep Meaney at the back for the rest of the year with DWZ at centre, but we need to start seeing improvements from Nick soon or else DWZ should take his spot starting next season.

Ironbark

Waterboy
Reaction score
The whole team needs a shake up
There are points in them but if you keep picking people in the same position you get the same results
If I got the pepper shake my team would look like this
1 meany
2 crichton
3 smith
4 dwz
5 hoppa
6 Foran
7 cogger
8 napa
9 jmk ( keep running )
10 Ogden
11 rfm
12 chn
13 sue
14 Jackson ( play footy one Tolman is enough)
15 fualalo
16 brown
17 tba ( anyone with leg speed )

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
“I’ve got something in my head but it could change during the week”
SO WHY BUY THE BLOKE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE TO PLAY HIM!

The longer Pay stays in the job the clearer it is he has absolutely no clue what he is doing.

This is akin to rocking up for first day at a new job, and your boss goes "I don't know why we employed you, but we'll find something for you to do".

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ hit up on the fourth Tolman to half back and elliot bringing it off the back fence at full back..................thats what is in deans head. I hope he does not fuck up DWZ'S career before he get's shit canned

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
DWZ should play centre for Montoya.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole team needs a shake up
There are points in them but if you keep picking people in the same position you get the same results
If I got the pepper shake my team would look like this
1 meany
2 crichton
3 smith
4 dwz
5 hoppa
6 Foran
7 cogger
8 napa
9 jmk ( keep running )
10 Ogden
11 rfm
12 chn
13 sue
14 Jackson ( play footy one Tolman is enough)
15 fualalo
16 brown
17 tba ( anyone with leg speed )

glad to see no elliot, but no room for martin?
Hoppa is too slow for the wing spot.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

The longer Pay stays in the job the clearer it is he has absolutely no clue what he is doing.

This is akin to rocking up for first day at a new job, and your boss goes "I don't know why we employed you, but we'll find something for you to do".
Exactly what I was thinking with that statement. Ffs surely the Recruitment and Retention Committe have discussed it with a plan in place of why they bought DWZ and what the plan for him was.

Pay should have the nous to immediately make that clear to the players, members and fans.

More bloody indecisive rubbish from Pay.

One a par with "We are good in patches, we just have to do longer patches".

What can you say!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The ideal scenario is that DWZ makes centre his spot, Meaney improves at fullback ,Okunbor comes back and nails down the wing and we recruit another centre to replace Hoppa.... unfortunately I don't see the ideal scenario happening for us lol
This is so obvious but what's the bet that pay doesnt do that?

For those saying drop meaney, I think you guys need to remember that our biggest headache is the centers. Montoya showed how fucked we are defensively in that position, so we need dwz to slot in there immediately

Malla

Reaction score
He will probably slot into centre and send Montoya back to reggies.

Not mad at that at all.

All the props I gave Montoya I take back. His regular self is starting to show. Bloke got torn to shreds by an average rookie last night.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meaney should work on his game in reserve grade. He's had ample opportunity at fullback hasn't done enough to keep the spot.

See what DWZ can do from the back and if he can emulate his form there for NZ. What have they got to lose?

Put Reimis at centre if there's no one else that can play there because Montoya has to go and Smith needs more ball even if he has been shocking himself lately. And if Okunbur is back put him on the wing...

Malla

Reaction score
This is so obvious but what's the bet that pay doesnt do that?

For those saying drop meaney, I think you guys need to remember that our biggest headache is the centers. Montoya showed how fucked we are defensively in that position, so we need dwz to slot in there immediately
Agree. Montoya's first 2 games back were excellent but since then he has been back to his shit self. Just can't be trusted to play top level first grade footy week in week out, doesn't have it in him. Meaney has shown excellent development at fullback and we should stick with him. DWZ fits right into the centre spot and is an attacking weapon.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Maybe he was bought above the coaches head and that’s why he doesn’t know how to use him....

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Could Nick possibly play wing I know hes not the biggest but neither is Corey Thompson

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait we are debating whether to give the current Kiwi captain his preferred playing spot... fk that give him that jersey!!

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are coming last. We currently have players in every position!!!!!! FFS if a better comes to club then sorry someone is dropped. This whether is fullback wing or centre.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could Nick possibly play wing I know hes not the biggest but neither is Corey Thompson
Many of the great FB spent time on the wing, Mini for example and i would put him there to harden up for a year or so. Nick has potential and would look a lot better at FB behind a decent team.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My god what an idiot. Surely for anyone here old enough to see him play (before my time) surely he wasn't this stupid.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We all know Meaney has got potential but for crying out loud we need a fullback with more effectiveness
Stop all this politics Pay