Official Round 13 - Dogs vs Dragons - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brown must have offered up an opinion same as CHN, Lewis and Martin.

Bloody ridiculous man management and the Board need to sort the situation out with Pay and call him in for a dressing down at least. Sack best option or relegated to Assistant.

There is just no coming back from this fiasco now...it's deteriorated to being unsalvageable under Pay.
I can’t believe there’s posters on here that deny Pay has favourites in this team! If one of Martin or CHN dishes up what Elliot did today they’d be released after the game. I bet Elliot still gets named in the starting team tomorrow.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
young coggers tackle by Sims will be reviewed. Looks like sims is in trouble. If he is guilty hope they throw the book at him. Hopefully cogger is ok

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't watch this game (nor check the score till 6pm), so you blokes can't blame me for the loss.

I can only assume therefore, we are fucking shit.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe wrong but Im assuming performance clause for 2019 when pay contract renewed, in which case we may be stuck with him for rest of year. Not good enough, stuff the cost, the board should act and remove him any time. You don't have to be too smart to see this team is not being inspired or improving under current coaching setup. Pay may be a former player but expecting a rookie coach to control the rebuild (club doesn't like the word but true) is obviously too much. How many good players are going to be turned off coming here by rookie coach. Yesterdays performance has to be the final straw surely, very painful to watch.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big shout out to the good turnout of dogs supporters who showed up yesterday to sit through that crap
I’d say from the 16000 attendance,10,000 were in blue and white
The majority stayed till the final whistle
Proud of us and keep the faith

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A big shout out to the good turnout of dogs supporters who turned up yesterday to sit through that crap
We only want at least a skerrick of effort and performance. No one seriously thinks we have a full team of players to be in the 8. But the team selections and lack of skill and tactics is driving fans (and just as importantly a next generation of supporters and possibly sponsors) away in droves. There is just nothing, nothing at all, to be positive about with the situation be it coaching or roster for 18 months by the look of it. A big fail but hey they're our team and well done to those masochists who put themselves through watching live.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can’t believe there’s posters on here that deny Pay has favourites in this team! If one of Martin or CHN dishes up what Elliot did today they’d be released after the game. I bet Elliot still gets named in the starting team tomorrow.
I'm betting he will as well and that will prove the inadequacy of Dean's coaching. The players aren't stupid. They might personally like Adam and Tols and Monty but seriously they play and see the mistakes and lost half chances and watch the replays together ( I assume they do video reviews after the game..probably can't assume that with Pay I guess). The players must see the ineptness. We are loosers with a capital L.

The players would know that CHN and Lewis offer more, however imperfect. That Renouf deserves another shot at least. Reimus deserves a go at centre at least. Harper a go at centre. They see Hoppa is coasting and the forwards too. They know they don't have a dummy half.

The players can see what we have on the paddock isn't working and making some of these obvious changes MAY refresh the team and give some confidence that the coach is capable of picking the best players in their best positions.

Until Pay picks our best 17 in their best positions, he will continue to bear the main brunt of the critiscism of the teams performance and not the players.

Get the selections right. Put the best team out there and if this rout continues, only then will the players be exposed and cop the blame.

Do yourself a favour Dean.

Team for this week (of what we have left standing)

MEANEY (last chance)
OK
DWZ
R SMITH
HARPER
COGGER
FORAN
NAPA
BROWN
OGDEN
MARTIN
CHN
JACKSON

RENOUF
RFM
TOLMAN
JMK

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only want at least a skerrick of effort and performance. No one seriously thinks we have a full team of players to be in the 8. But the team selections and lack of skill and tactics is driving fans (and just as importantly a next generation of supporters and possibly sponsors) away in droves. There is just nothing, nothing at all, to be positive about with the situation be it coaching or roster for 18 months by the look of it. A big fail but hey they're our team and well done to those masochists who put themselves through watching live.
I keep turning up to games with a glimmer of hope and like yourself not really expecting much but at least some effort,also play that resembles Rugby League
But in all honesty they are derailing very rapidly
Yesterday was the absolute pits in my opinion

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Scooby here .

Where’s Nasheed at? Can’t even find his profile after he was put in the naughty boys bin. Or has he made a new profile ?

Can someone tell me this lol.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Scooby here .

Where’s Nasheed at? Can’t even find his profile after he was put in the naughty boys bin. Or has he made a new profile ?

Can someone tell me this lol.
Think his soul was crushed since Dutchy got injured so no kennel until he's fit again

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Think his soul was crushed since Dutchy got injured so no kennel until he's fit again
lol, classic! Thanks chimp :grinning:

I’d be the same if Xerri was playing for us An he got injured :disrelieved:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
A big shout out to the good turnout of dogs supporters who showed up yesterday to sit through that crap
seriously - that is gold! If the players played with the heart of these fans at the ground - this would be another story!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously - that is gold! If the players played with the heart of these fans at the ground - this would be another story!
When you really think about it the crowd was awesome for us
We are coming last
Haven’t won for ages and won’t
The team look very disinterested and not showing up any more
I can go on and on
Not good enough considering the money we all lay out in advance for our membership

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What pisses me off of every time Pay is interviewed he keeps repeating how the team is improving and playing better and better every week...
UTTER BULLSHIT!
They don't seem to be getting worse but they are definitely not playing any better!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They don't seem to be getting worse but they are definitely not playing any better!
They do seem to be getting worse, every player seems to have gone backwards in development and performance since pay's appointment

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was there but have to admit if I didn't have free tickets and the slightest hope of fluking a win, I wouldn't of gone.

PS watching them live I realised that we have no idea, more than I thought so watching them on tv.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay's thinking and reasoning:

"you know like if we had 17 Adam elliots, this team would be top of the table He's already top of my table due to his true bulldog dna, and all of that madness that I promised I'd bring to the club he brings in spades through his lack of aggression, shitty efforts on d, painfully slow hit ups and awful ball handling, but he handles my balls and shaft like a pro, and he serenades me every night, so like he's the future of everything I hold dear, ya know"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.