Nathan Ross on Ayoub

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely we need to start drinking ox blood again.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s most likely true from what I hear as well but because he’s a knights player Simple response...the only team Tony has been at in the last three years is yours and the reason you guys got the spoon is for these simple reasons:
1. You were playing
2. You and the rest of the team were shit

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay is still the contributing factor amongst others lol, but that is still interesting !!

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember being shot down on here when I expressed my lack of enthusiasm for his return, nice to see a player back me up and see I wasn't imagining things lol
Did the same recently after speaking to some players and I was told no way they love him,where there is smoke there is fire

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t believe its tonys fault hes been a breath of fresh air just a coincidence he was also at the storm
I don't believe he's at fault,but I would ask a lot of questions about harry Harris,&tony Grimaldi our fitness levels are not the reasons we are loosing but they certainly could be better.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hope he has a good lawyer, defimation case right there lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the only losers I can see in the article are the Knights....

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2016/11/30/knights-welcome-tony-ayoub/

New nib Newcastle Knights Physical Performance Manager Tony Ayoub has one of the most impressive CVs going around in Rugby League.

Over the last 28 years he has worked with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, Melbourne Storm, Cronulla Sharks, Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra Dragons, NSW Origin team and the Kangaroos.

Ahead of the 2017 season he has linked up with the Knights, and is looking forward to the challenge of working with a young squad.

“Good people like Matt Gidley (CEO) and Darren Mooney (General Manager of Football) being involved drew me to the Club,” Ayoub explained to Knights TV.

“I’ve known Nathan Brown for a long time as well, and just the pitch that they gave to me about where the Club is headed helped as well.”

The Club currently has six staff members in the physical performance team, and Ayoub’s main responsibility will be to make sure that the department meets the needs of the coaching staff.

With two sports scientists, two physiotherapists and two strength and conditioning coaches beneath him, Ayoub will also be taking a hands-on approach to the physical development of each player.

“From a performance and recovery perspective, I’ll be making sure that we’re ticking all the right boxes,” he said.

“In terms of the large amount of injuries last year, we’ve certainly identified some risk areas.”

The Club certainly had a bad run with injuries to the first grade side in 2016, and Ayoub said that this is something that will be addressed ahead of 2017.

“I was told when I first started that there are 24 blokes under the age of 21, and that’s a real tough task,” Ayoub explained.

“It’s now about putting some good systems in place and this year the players’ bodies are one year older.”

And while the youthfulness of the squad last year meant that some bodies were unprepared for the rigours of NRL football on a regular basis, Ayoub says now that the young players are becoming accustomed to what is required, there is a new opportunity present.

“We’ve got an opportunity to shape them and mould them into what we want, and I think they’re going to have built some resilience with what they did last year,” he said.

In his short time at the Club so far he has been impressed by the character and professionalism of the younger players, but said that it was Sione Mata’utia who has caught his eye the most.

“I met Sione coming into the Australian side as an 18-year-old two years ago,” he said.

“He was a really quiet kid, and now he’s a confident young man and his body shape’s changed.

“He’s a leader at a really young age, so hopefully with time we’ll see some big things from Sione.

“But there’s lots of really good young kids here… the Saifiti boys are impressive young men that hold themselves well.”

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We should get a millennial in to do the job, these old blokes don’t know what they’re doing :yum:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...was never a fan of the Ross Dog, overrated by everyone except himself.