"Captain" Jackson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're taking the piss or you are either clueless, as we have the worst coach and spine in the comp by a country mile, add to that, the large majority of pork chops we have as supporters, and we are where we belong - right at the bottom of the table.

I thought the dragqueens had bad supporters when they were down, but they dont come close to the tools on here.
And here i was trying to have a reasonable conversation... Just keep name calling and thinking you're superior to other fans just because you refuse to accept reality.

What have I or anyone else said in this thread that's so disrespectful and horrible? How dare anyone question Jackson's form and whether he should be captain anymore..

Everyone on here is a true fan and has put up with years of failure because they love the club. Suggesting otherwise is ridiculous.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish.

He gives 100% each game and if everyone else followed the skipper and gave 100% week in week out, we wouldnt be the little bitches of the league.

We have a minimum of half a dozen players who shouldnt be in our 30 man squad let alone playing league.

On another note the bloke is playing with a busted shoulder and should be in rehab
Not sure about the shoulder issue mate. Wasn't that last year?
As for the giving 100%, that's just not true. Jackson has been terrible this year. Makes fuck all metres, misses crucial tackles, and offers nothing in attack. He is just a defense robot. But he hasn't even been defending well.
Just because he is our captain, that doesnt mean that he is not allowed to be criticized.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we said oi Storm give us Smith and Papenhuyzen for Jacko I reckon they would have a good think about it
Doubt it,after today's performance getting players to come here,has just got harder.the board needs to make a hard decision,goodbye dean pay

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He doesn’t want to be there ! His career has gone backwards and he is now being used in the middle as a battering ram and defender only. I can see him doing a klemmer in the offseason

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only been saying it for 18 months and continued to be shot down;
He’s hit his ceiling a long long time ago

Soft cream puff
Can’t run a line or hole
Can’t offload
Can’t bust tackles
Has zero creativity
No speed or footwork
Gets dominated in tackles
Slow defeated play the balls

Reserve grade quality at best now

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn’t want to be there ! His career has gone backwards and he is now being used in the middle as a battering ram and defender only. I can see him doing a klemmer in the offseason
We should be sooo lucky
He’s on 700k

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It feels so good to be able to say Jackson is ordinary without fear of a pitchforking.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked like he copped a leg injury today. But even without that, he looks sore.

If he’s carrying an injury that needs surgery, he’d be better to go and get it done now cos we aren’t a hope of getting much better this year

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Jacko is leading the SackPay campaign

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair, I’d suggest he’s put more effort in than most over last 2-3 years and is simply burnt out now. If you were playing under the systems he’s had to, if expect it would impact you eventually. I feel sorry for the bloke
Well said. My mate has a theory that defensive forwards who aren't naturally that big and don't have much of an attacking game only have so many tackles in them before the head knocks, surgeries and playing through pain catch up with you.

For some it happens earlier than others. Players like Dallas Johnson, Fensom and Jackson the like seem to have a steep drop off in form once their bodies can't handle the rigours of first grade anymore.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ennis, Graham, Jackson, running out of people, does Foran wanna run it?

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As much criticism as Pay and Elliott and many others deserve, the displays from our supposed captain all season don't get talked about enough.

He was an Origin player just a few years ago but he's a shadow of his former self. He has been a liability in defense most of the season and has been woeful in attack. Today he had 7 runs for 39 metres with 6 post contact meters! What a captains knock!

Plus he never questions a call, never communicates to players behind the line and just looks like he doesn't want to be there. From the captain of such a proud club, its unacceptable and he deserves to be stripped of his captaincy and benched. He's not an 80 minute player anymore.
He should never have been made captain. He is burnt out and probably needs to get moved on. Has been a great player for us. There is no communication in the team even in the coaches box, never seen Pay and SG converse with each other. There is something going on in the club and it needs to be fixed quickly, some big decisions need to be made by the board.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He should never have been made captain. He is burnt out and probably needs to get moved on. Has been a great player for us. There is no communication in the team even in the coaches box, never seen Pay and SG converse with each other. There is something going on in the club and it needs to be fixed quickly, some big decisions need to be made by the board.
Spot on. I've noticed the same all season. Just how tense that coaches box is and how it's the only one in the comp where none of the coaches look at or talk to each other all game. If that's not a sign of dysfunction, then I don't know what is.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jacko Lol.. hmmm.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How long is Elliott, Foran, Montoya, Hopoate, Fualalo and Meaney contracted at the Dogs for?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Quite sad..he was one of the first picked for origin a couple of years back. Where did he go

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have been let go years ago.

All players from the Hasler era should be moved on. The premiership window closed. We won’t win a competition any time soon.

It’s time to put the broom through this dump of a club and roster. Fucken stinks.