Board ... where art thou?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The time has come for something to change. We honestly can't continue going forward like this week after week. Lack of effort. Zero gameplan. No improvement. Players' form regressing.

Personally I fully support this board. They've done well I believe in getting us in a position to buy players, improving our business side of the game etc. They've gone about their jobs quietly, and respect to that.

However, something needs to be said or done now. Saints were a team in terrible form. Lost 5 in a row. And they absolutely PUMPED us. Embarrassing. Shameful. Disgusting.

Sack Pay? Yes please, but at the very least something needs to be said or done. If you're going to keep him, then come out and back him but this silence is crazy. Wooden spooners FFS!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They should have fired him weeks ago. If they don't this week or after we get beaten by 50 against a Roosters team that's lost three in a row then, they'll risk angering the fanbase further.

I really don't know what they're waiting for. Even if the permanent replacement hasn't been found yet, get ANYONE else to coach the team in the interim.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Origi for chairman.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This same board in a kneejerk decision re signed pay despite criticising the previous board for doing the same thing?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Surely the Board see's that their fates may now reside with Pay's future. No matter how bad the team are compared to the other sides the Coach should bring improvement, they are going backwards. The biggest kicker for me is his team selections. Not once has he fielded our strongest team this entire season. Instead he's like some idiot trying to zero a rifle after 1 round and chasing his tail around. He is blatantly picking favourites even though they are crap. His persistence with bog average players over recent signings and what could be possible future players is mystifying. His position from a fan's perspective is untenable and the thought of him coaching for another season and watching this underperforming shite makes me feel sick. I really don't see how the Board has a choice in this and surely we will hear news of Pay leaving very shortly. Sorry Dean but even with what you have been given you should have been able to do better.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s exactly right. I don’t even care about the fact we are fucked this season. Pay is regressing with the roster. Sack him. Give Steve g whatever a go. Hopefully at least he drops the pet Elliott and plays chn and to’omaga for the rest of the year.

That’s a win alone.

All for Flanagan now and get his fucking son too.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Der we don't know nuthin, whats wrong?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if Dean Pay is a top bloke, it just looks like he has lost the dressing room. Look at Carlton this week. Last on the ladder with one win. Sacked their coach, came from behind to beat a fancied team.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Even if Dean Pay is a top bloke, it just looks like he has lost the dressing room. Look at Carlton this week. Last on the ladder with one win. Sacked their coach, came from behind to beat a fancied team.
check in this time next year to see how carlton are going though, that's the true measurement

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
check in this time next year to see how carlton are going though, that's the true measurement
Well, they have sacked their coach still fairly early in the season, so it is indeed a long honeymoon to cover...

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The time has come for something to change. We honestly can't continue going forward like this week after week. Lack of effort. Zero gameplan. No improvement. Players' form regressing.

Personally I fully support this board. They've done well I believe in getting us in a position to buy players, improving our business side of the game etc. They've gone about their jobs quietly, and respect to that.

However, something needs to be said or done now. Saints were a team in terrible form. Lost 5 in a row. And they absolutely PUMPED us. Embarrassing. Shameful. Disgusting.

Sack Pay? Yes please, but at the very least something needs to be said or done. If you're going to keep him, then come out and back him but this silence is crazy. Wooden spooners FFS!
Agree,I was prepared to wait a year ,when they got in,but I now believe they have to start making some tough decisions,there is no improvement,in our play,individually not one of our players has improved under dean pays coaching,we are going nowhere fast.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mr nice guy pay, problem is he’s to relaxed, doesn’t have the smarts to be a FG coach.. he needs to be sacked effective immediately!! I know this won’t happen but come on board, ENOUGH is ENOUGH...!!

A second carv up at the hands of the dragons, only took raiders 12 points to beat us. Got handed it by the storm the week prior..!!

Tomorrow, like the awesome DWZ news, I want to read : DEAN PAY SACKED BY BULLDOGS :grinning:

Thought Des was bad, but this is just taking the fucking piss now..!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What we need is a hard nosed coach.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hard nose coach. Soft coach. Touchy feely coach. Keep focusing on his mental approach to preparing the team but ...

I struggle to see any basic tactical side to his coaching. Not one player has improved even in the slightest this year. Not one. That's a whole offseason to work with these lads in his vision of what to do. Each player has taken a step back in their development. You'd expect the younger guys to be improving but they're not. Same as before at best, but across the board worse. It's extremely concerning that tactically we're absolutely nothing as a team.

Looking at the physchological side of coaching ... the basic thing I would expect is seeing the team fight for each other and the coach, but we're not even seeing that. Let alone a clear structure to how they're playing.

We need a coach that coaches. I don't know what Pay's been doing but it's not coaching!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
SG caretaker until Flanno takes over was what a heard a few times today at the game.

Don't know if any truth to it but just sounds like it's the most logical guess.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The board will say nothing publicly.. apart from the usual story about our celery cap..