"Captain" Jackson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much criticism as Pay and Elliott and many others deserve, the displays from our supposed captain all season don't get talked about enough.

He was an Origin player just a few years ago but he's a shadow of his former self. He has been a liability in defense most of the season and has been woeful in attack. Today he had 7 runs for 39 metres with 6 post contact meters! What a captains knock!

Plus he never questions a call, never communicates to players behind the line and just looks like he doesn't want to be there. From the captain of such a proud club, its unacceptable and he deserves to be stripped of his captaincy and benched. He's not an 80 minute player anymore.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Captains curse. James Graham wasn't the same player once he was captain too.

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Peak plodder

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine if Elliott gets the captaincy his game will go to a new low. If that's even possible.

Reactions: GSG

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fell out of love with the bloke he's puss now... Jai Arrow as his replacement please.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Josh will never win a premiership whilst he is at the Bulldogs.

Reactions: DT

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair, I’d suggest he’s put more effort in than most over last 2-3 years and is simply burnt out now. If you were playing under the systems he’s had to, if expect it would impact you eventually. I feel sorry for the bloke

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wasn't the same after being public enemy number 1 after Good Friday.

At least you could never question his heart and he gave his all every game. He'd die to win, was vocal and passionate and was a great captain..
Oh yeah I agree with you I wasn't knocking him just saying how the captaincy took a toll on the poor bloke. Bloke was all heart though.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we said oi Storm give us Smith and Papenhuyzen for Jacko I reckon they would have a good think about it

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much criticism as Pay and Elliott and many others deserve, the displays from our supposed captain all season don't get talked about enough.

He was an Origin player just a few years ago but he's a shadow of his former self. He has been a liability in defense most of the season and has been woeful in attack. Today he had 7 runs for 39 metres with 6 post contact meters! What a captains knock!

Plus he never questions a call, never communicates to players behind the line and just looks like he doesn't want to be there. From the captain of such a proud club, its unacceptable and he deserves to be stripped of his captaincy and benched. He's not an 80 minute player anymore.
Some players can handle the added responsibility and some can’t.josh should put his hand up and tell pay his not coping cause his game is suffering.not sure if last season took its toll on his morale a little.but he is a shadow of the origin player he once was.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran should be captain or maybe even Napa, someone vocal and aggressive. Jackson is the tolman type, just does his job and he doesn't even do that well lately.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's been absent this year, if not last as well. If he's playing busted now may be the time to miss the rest of the season and get it sorted. Our season is over, has been for weeks, and it is now almost inconceivable us avoiding the spoon.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we said oi Storm give us Smith and Papenhuyzen for Jacko I reckon they would have a good think about it
I doubt it they have Finecune there I don’t think Jackson would have that many clubs chasing him if he was off contract.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shop him now

His value drops by the week

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, he has been very very average this year!!! Would not care if he was not re-signed after this contract.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the guy needs a break, like a month off...he’s been busting his ass for to long and playing in such a poor side will eventually rub off on anyone

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh yeah I agree with you I wasn't knocking him just saying how the captaincy took a toll on the poor bloke. Bloke was all heart though.
He was. I'm not diminishing what he's done in the past. He was a great clubman for nearly 10 years. But unfortunately his form has dropped off completely and he's not setting a good example as captain right now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some players can handle the added responsibility and some can’t.josh should put his hand up and tell pay his not coping cause his game is suffering.not sure if last season took its toll on his morale a little.but he is a shadow of the origin player he once was.
For sure but it's on Pay and the coaching staff to do right by him. Take the captaincy off him, play him at lock for 50 minutes a game and see if that helps him regain his form and confidence. Either way, something has to change and he can't be captain moving forward.