Montoya, Elliott, tolman, Meaney.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
MONTOYA. Could not understand so much recent support for Montoya. Yes his last few performances were improvements, but he was starting from a Woeful base. 4- 5 tries resulted from poor positioning & tackling on his side. Offers nothing in attack. Can't understand why other options are explored.
ELLIOTT.Can not understand why Elliott get some much game time. Does not offers alot in attack or defencen & has develop a lot of errors in his game lately. At best should be on the bench. Why does a player that will have little influence on the game, gets so many minutes
TOLMAN - has been around for awhile. Yes is a good tireless toiler . But he must know by now when to run & call the ball. When the team has bent the defense line, when the defense line has broken, when close to the try line. This is not the time to take an ineffective "settler"
MEANEY. Safe hands, good positioning, good tackler. But does offer not much in attack, whether line breaks, backing up, setting up other players. Full backs are meant to be x-factor in teams. Meaney is young, but can see any exciting upside.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
MONTOYA. Could not understand so much recent support for Montoya. Yes his last few performances were improvements, but he was starting from a Woeful base. 4- 5 tries resulted from poor positioning & tackling on his side. Offers nothing in attack. Can't understand why other options are explored.
ELLIOTT.Can not understand why Elliott get some much game time. Does not offers alot in attack or defencen & has develop a lot of errors in his game lately. At best should be on the bench. Why does a player that will have little influence on the game, gets so many minutes
TOLMAN - has been around for awhile. Yes is a good tireless toiler . But he must know by now when to run & call the ball. When the team has bent the defense line, when the defense line has broken, when close to the try line. This is not the time to take an ineffective "settler"
MEANEY. Safe hands, good positioning, good tackler. But does offer not much in attack, whether line breaks, backing up, setting up other players. Full backs are meant to be x-factor in teams. Meaney is young, but can see any exciting upside.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good post, I was thinking who’d be the first that I’d dump and your 4 are same as me. There is no upside in any of these that will hurt us if they walk, I’d be talking all of them into exploring English Super League opportunities

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In a radio interview Tolman threw Meaney under the bus.

He said JMK created opportunities but the fullback wasn't supporting in the first half.

He needs to have a good look at his own game before criticising others.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He said JMK created opportunities but the fullback wasn't supporting in the first half.

Did he mention his own ineffective hit ups

His 4th tackle killer after our break

Or second half drop ball when we broke the line

Deadset plodder of the highest order

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet people were flaming Okunbor

I’d take him over Montoya and Crichton any day of the fkn week
Montoya is a winger, nothing more... Only God knows why Pay thinks his a centre.

Reactions: DT

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Monty was awful today has failed at wing now centre back up centre at best

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did he mention his own ineffective hit ups

His 4th tackle killer after our break

Or second half drop ball when we broke the line

Deadset plodder of the highest order
When people talk about every team needs a tolman and i am like who else have this joke of a player other than us - no one lol

How many times there is a 20 metre restart and the guy takes the ball to run 4 metres
We have to be the onky team who cant reach opposition 20 in a 7 tackle set

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

He's right.
Meaney offers zilch in attack.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crighton
JMK
Hoppa
Holland
Elliot
Fualalo
Lichaa

All gotta go, like asap.

Cant believe we may lose RFM or Martin or even both for 2 of those duds.

I'd keep Tolman on the bench and Meaney as a backup FB in reggies even though we got like 3 good young blokes who can probably do the same job.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When people talk about every team needs a tolman and i am like who else have this joke of a player other than us - no one lol

How many times there is a 20 metre restart and the guy takes the ball to run 4 metres
We have to be the onky team who cant reach opposition 20 in a 7 tackle set
Does my head in

We are the only team that has a Tolman, Montoya, Elliott and Lichaa

Lol fkn shambles

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does my head in

We are the only team that has a Tolman, Montoya, Elliott and Lichaa

Lol fkn shambles
Not only the slowest backline
We have the slowest team on the park .