Official Round 13 - Dogs vs Dragons - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I died laughing wen Alexander said tolman killed it in reference to the momentum killer
Happens all the time we get a offload or quick play the ball and have momentum and it’s killed the next tackle with a routine hit up from Tolman or Elliot.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...half the side are reserve graders. End of story

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2 defenders were impeded.

It was harsh, but the correct ruling.
No they weren’t.

It was correct by the letter of the law, but no one was impeded. Even the St George supporter next to me at the game said it was a try if you use common sense.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
They talk about protecting the kicker - how was Cogger meant to protect his head hitting the ground when he kicks the ball and is in the air - so it's okay to be head slammed into the ground - I just don't understand the double standards of the refs. They made it clear they would protect the kicker, yet is ok to smash em into the ground? Weird logic!
I hate to say it but I had no issue with the tackle. When they finally showed the replay I was ok let's see what happened. Unfortunate but legit tackle I'm sorry to say.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap 3/4 of this team with the Canterbury cup. Can’t get much worse.... pay should do the whole club a favour and quit. He is embarrassing himself and the jersey

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jacko to 9
King to 6
No use having a running 9 when our halves or fullback to follow the ball.
At the end of the 2nd half Martin was playing 9 while King was playing 6.

I'm guessing they'll stick with that in the second half.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They talk about protecting the kicker - how was Cogger meant to protect his head hitting the ground when he kicks the ball and is in the air - so it's okay to be head slammed into the ground - I just don't understand the double standards of the refs. They made it clear they would protect the kicker, yet is ok to smash em into the ground? Weird logic!
Lol get a grip dude, how does anyone protect their head in the thousands of tackles a year

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could've sworn I saw the dragons player's shoulder make contact with coggers Jaw when he got concussed

silva

Utility
Reaction score
This game was so winnable today. Under Des we beat these pretenders easy

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just cant see what pay sees in elliott fmd yes our team could have some better players but we could be alot better with the right selections/coaching
Sweet Caroline ....is what he sees

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I died laughing wen Alexander said tolman killed it in reference to the momentum killer
Fox commentators see it, Bulldog supporters see it, but Pay and his merry band of idiots don’t.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep he was in, but cogger should of been screaming for it. He didn’t talk till it was too late
He was calling for it, JMK looked directly at him and then turned his head and ran away lol

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok let's see if we can run out of the tunnel without fuking it up...….

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No defender was impeded but that doesn't matter. The rule is that if you catch the ball inside then it's no try.

If he did catch it inside then it's always no try. My only problem is that I couldn't tell for sure from that angle that he caught the ball inside. At least, not enough to overturn the on field call of "try"
You know what is crap about the rule. When in general play they run around their players and because they don’t score nothing is ever done about it. So many sheperds in the modern game its a joke.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here comes the second half come back

Status
Not open for further replies.