News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBF, he has lived in Queensland longer than he has in New Zealand (and grew up there).

Yes I understand that but send a Aussie to live in America for 15 years are you telling me he won’t always consider himself a Aussie?

It’s in his blood he is a proud kiwi but money talks

He would love to play for the all blacks never mentioned the wallabies.

Why? Because he considers himself a kiwi who is eligible for origin

$$$$

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I understand that but send a Aussie to live in America for 15 years are you telling me he won’t always consider himself a Aussie?

$$$$
Spot on his in nrl for a limited time and will play for who pays the most. He has already said in an interview his aim is the all blacks

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on his in nrl for a limited time and will play for who pays the most. He has already said in an interview his aim is the all blacks
The national pride and passion with the All Blacks is amazing. Probably the only sporting team that I’d believe someone would be happy taking a pay cut to play for

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

$$$$
TBH, it would depend on the individual. Some people will be 5th generation in, and still identify more with the country of their ancestors where others would be born to immigrants but feel Aussie as.

Ponga was born in Western Australia and grew up in QLD, but to be honest, I have no idea if he considers himself a Kiei or Aussie (however, i note some comments here about how he said he wants to play for the ABs - something which i didn't know until now, so i have indeed, learned something today :grinning: ).

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Having all the money in the world and no superstar half to sign is annoying cause a great half is worth more than any other great position.

There's no real elite halves you'd want to sign and feel comfortable building a team around them. Nobody is like Cronk or Thurston or Johns or Lockyer. Cleary had potential but it doesnt look like itll get beyond that. Same with Taylor. Origin only DCE was a sure thing basically, the other 3 could've gone to any number of players, and DCE is no world beater, so the stock is pretty weak.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
how come no one has mentioned Payne Haas? i'm sure the broncos also have another NSW forward playing for them. could replace Tolman or Napa 2020.

besides Ponga who else tier 1 is available, like Munster or has he resigned with the Storm?
we need a half or 5/8!!!!!!!!!
no more 2nd rowers plz

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think other teams in the past said the same about our team?

Klemmer to knights

Mason to roosters

Anasta to roosters?

Omealy to roosters

Barba to broncos?
The difference is our club has not got what it takes to keep talent. - and player managers exploit that

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
how come no one has mentioned Payne Haas? i'm sure the broncos also have another NSW forward playing for them. could replace Tolman or Napa 2020.

besides Ponga who else tier 1 is available, like Munster or has he resigned with the Storm?
we need a half or 5/8!!!!!!!!!
no more 2nd rowers plz
Haas is going to be another Tony Williams. Big for nothing and mentally very weak

If youre after a forward who has "star" written over him, bring over David Fifita

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The national pride and passion with the All Blacks is amazing. Probably the only sporting team that I’d believe someone would be happy taking a pay cut to play for

Still an Aussie wouldnt have an aspiration to play for a kiwi side no matter what..

To me it proves he is a kiwi who is eligible for origin which means more $$$

I don’t blame him it just sucks for the game

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Na a young Tolman was much better. He was far more agile and dominant in the tackle, he even offloaded and broke tackles haha
Watching him back home in Kempsey playing local first grade before heading to Melbourne he use to absolutely steam roll *****

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
***** have given up on that left
I can handle losing, I can handle being beat
But a can’t not handle ***** giving up

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the next 2 years we gonna be linked to everyone now

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Welch looks better then he is cause he’s running off the back of a big run from solomona
Disagree, when Melbourne were struggling abit early on in the season giving away big leads, they always got on top when Welch and Kamikamika came on.