News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stating the obvious article. Board must've paid Buzz to write it up to direct attention away from our shit season and raise some optimism.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be front loading as much as possible next year any players we plan on extending. Just like parra have done with gutho. I’d be looking at moving on Foran and Tolman but keeping players like Reimis, Martin, Lewis should be priorities. Go hard after munster, a good hooker (why the fuck did we let go of cook), and a few metre eaters. If we could pick up someone like Folau as well if the NRL lets him back or Holmes that would be great...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bare teeth :D !!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
$8.5 million for a hell of alot of players if there's only 2 left on contract.

The money needs to be spent wisely and signings need to be looked at for next year if we can fit players in.

I haven't looked at off contract players for 2021 but what we need aren't all going to be off contract exactly when we need them, alot of hard work will be required over the next 18 months to get to the right signings.
6 players in the top 30 are contracted for 2021 and beyond

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stating the obvious article. Board must've paid Buzz to write it up to direct attention away from our shit season and raise some optimism.
He was on controversy corner tonight not really complimentary of the board, Hughes got up him a few times. Rotfield said the club was dishonest saying we had no money until 2021 then we're signing players for this year. Trust me he wouldn't say anything good about the club even if paid.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So 2021 will be our 2009 again?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While im all for signing guns out there like ponga xerri etc, i think now is the time we should be hunting down the next xerri,s before they hit 1st grade, so at least we can get a few years on the cheap out of the guns when they hit 1st grade. When was the last real gun we scouted as a junior?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It may sound crazy but I think Tom Trbojevic is massively overrated. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best prospects in the game but I don't think he's at the level yet that his rep status would indicate.

He is injured half of every season, makes so many basic errors and is very clumsy a lot of the time.. I think he's made so many rep teams on potential rather than form. He has as many shockers as blinders. I think someone like RTS or Teddy are ten times the player Tommy is. I'd rather let Des spend $1 million a year on a backended deal on him and target someone like Papenhuyzen or Drinkwater for a third of the price.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To do list before November 1st:

1. Re-sign Remiss, Jackson, Ogden and DWZ (if he goes well) to long term contracts.
2. Sack Pay, he is clueless, find the man that can help reshape our roster and make it competitive.
3. Blood To'omaga into first grade and figure out if we really do need another prop or not.
4. Find a hooker, if we can't land a good young player with potential to be our long term dummy half than find a capable stop-gap for a year. Go for J.Brailey.
5. Figure out what our plan with Lewis is, if the club see's him as our future then he needs to be in first grade.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was on controversy corner tonight not really complimentary of the board, Hughes got up him a few times. Rotfield said the club was dishonest saying we had no money until 2021 then we're signing players for this year. Trust me he wouldn't say anything good about the club even if paid.
The ego on this alcoholic clown.. Does he want a red phone linked directly to him from the CEO and board so he gets every bit of information? Who does he think he is? Isn't the whole point to keep information from the media?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Buzz is 100% trolling Hughes. I don't watch it all the time but the times I do he is trying to get a reaction from him and Hughes always falls for it.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope it’s not Jacob Liddle or dany levi
I’d take that billy Brittain kid from Souths though
Christian Welch is in the mix too
But I’d go Thomas Flegler or josh Aloiai

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It may sound crazy but I think Tom Trbojevic is massively overrated. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best prospects in the game but I don't think he's at the level yet that his rep status would indicate.

He is injured half of every season, makes so many basic errors and is very clumsy a lot of the time.. I think he's made so many rep teams on potential rather than form. He has as many shockers as blinders. I think someone like RTS or Teddy are ten times the player Tommy is. I'd rather let Des spend $1 million a year on a backended deal on him and target someone like Papenhuyzen or Drinkwater for a third of the price.
I agree, obviously an awesome player, but only really threatens up the middle with his brother and is injury prone. Both are manly through and through and I'd rather not sign them tbh. Could get another fullback and say Jai Arrow for less money

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope it’s not Jacob Liddle or dany levi
I’d take that billy Brittain kid from Souths though
Christian Welch is in the mix too
But I’d go Thomas Flegler or josh Aloiai
Have you heard anything about rhyse Martin joining tigers?

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Valentine Holmes
2.Reimis smith
3.Latrell Mitchell
4.Xerri
5.Dwz
6.Anthony Milford
7.Sam walker
8.Dylan napa
9.Lachlan Lewis
10.Ogden
11.Chn
12.Stimson
13.Jackson
That is a crap side man..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The ego on this alcoholic clown.. Does he want a red phone linked directly to him from the CEO and board so he gets every bit of information? Who does he think he is? Isn't the whole point to keep information from the media?
Not to mention Flogfield’s alzheimers.
(booze destroyed the few brain cells he had). Dogs never said they have ‘no money until 2021’. They did say they wouldn’t be in the market for major signings until 2021. So the odd signing here and there including DZW was never off the table. And Stimson for 2020 is one of the documented 7 available places. Flogfield the fiction writer like all bad smells will eventually go away. For now, sadly too many people still buy/sub the Daily Terrorgraph keeping this muppet employed.