News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re in the same position as Parra is for next year and the reporters were saying having so many players off contract was destabilising. Lots of players will be playing for their futures

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I looked and cant find the gun prop. Taulau is not FG material and T'ommaga is just to lazy to be competitive. So who is this person you speak of?
Renouf t isnt lazy he kills it most weeks always gets good metres

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Moving players on like most clubs do it aint rocket science and im not so sure our cap is as bad as people are making out
Which players?

When and where to?

Who do we bring in?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Seriously Ponga would be my number 1, 2, 3 & 4th priority player to sign!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else feeling slightly optimistic? Like I’ve been miserable in the football world and this sort of just gives you a bit of hope things are turning. Once we land a decent coach and mid next year is around, we will be constantly getting news of new signings and hopefully staff do a good job at it this time. We need to make sure our 1,6,7,9 are up there with a couple of big backs and we should be alright... go doggies

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feeling slightly optimistic? Like I’ve been miserable in the football world and this sort of just gives you a bit of hope things are turning. Once we land a decent coach and mid next year is around, we will be constantly getting news of new signings and hopefully staff do a good job at it this time. We need to make sure our 1,6,7,9 are up there with a couple of big backs and we should be alright... go doggies
I think we just get held prisoner by the moment by these bad losses lately. This war chest is hardly news because it’s always been there. There has always been light at the end of the tunnel it just doesn’t feel like it sometimes.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that’s the case we need to spend the money smartly and not buy forward stuff. Invest the bulk money in the spine. The creative positions need to have most money spent on and buy decent forwards that don’t break the bank.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that’s the case we need to spend the money smartly and not buy forward stuff. Invest the bulk money in the spine. The creative positions need to have most money spent on and buy decent forwards that don’t break the bank.
It’s all about landing that big fish then building around it. It’s the hardest bit to get right but it makes the rest of the job so much easier.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
$8.5 million for a hell of alot of players if there's only 2 left on contract.

The money needs to be spent wisely and signings need to be looked at for next year if we can fit players in.

I haven't looked at off contract players for 2021 but what we need aren't all going to be off contract exactly when we need them, alot of hard work will be required over the next 18 months to get to the right signings.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The 18 month period is about all the telecrap has got right. The rest is just guessing. The club isnt going to leak their plans to a paper. As i posted friday on here they had said next year will be competitive the following we will make the 8. I think we should all be patient. It was a good signing today the dogs should get credit for that.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we just get held prisoner by the moment by these bad losses lately. This war chest is hardly news because it’s always been there. There has always been light at the end of the tunnel it just doesn’t feel like it sometimes.
Yea but when you actually read it, it sort of confirms it if that makes any sense at all lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 18 month period is about all the telecrap has got right. The rest is just guessing. The club isnt going to leak their plans to a paper. As i posted friday on here they had said next year will be competitive the following we will make the 8. I think we should all be patient. It was a good signing today the dogs should get credit for that.
Too right Bully! There would have to be a major fuck up at Manly for the Turbos to leave there so that’s not happening. Announcing some signings does ease the nerves to some extent as it gives you some confidence the club can attract players and get deals done.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Matildas are 1 nil in world cup anyone interested on sbs half time
Too right Bully! There would have to be a major fuck up at Manly for the Turbos to leave there so that’s not happening. Announcing some signings does ease the nerves to some extent as it gives you some confidence the club can attract players and get deals done.
yeah i underestimated the board with the poor performance on the field but they are on the ball

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Valentine Holmes
2.Reimis smith
3.Latrell Mitchell
4.Xerri
5.Dwz
6.Anthony Milford
7.Sam walker
8.Dylan napa
9.Lachlan Lewis
10.Ogden
11.Chn
12.Stimson
13.Jackson

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The absolute beige-ist of articles right here. Bulldog throwing enough shit at the wall. Something will stick, doesn't take inside sources to know this.