Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Flano linked to dogs

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Id take keary with brain damage over our lot.
When u get a few nasty head knocks like that, u need to take 12 months off.
Its easy to get knocked out again when u havnt let your head and brain heal back to full strengh again.
I had some problems in my early 20s. Took 18 months off football before returning again.
And i was never knocked out again, got to play on into my 30s.
Thank god cause i loved me footy.
Have a lot time for Keary, like the way he plays. Not too happy the way he got his knock looked like his head hit the ground for sure but looked at the replay a few times and it seemed to me he had some help didnt like it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Need I remind people what happened last time we cheated in the NRL?
The cap salary tore our club apart, and just picture this.

Rothfield trying to get his mate a leg up for the coaching job.

What journo do you think will be first and foremost splashing our jersey (and sponsors on jersey) all over the front and back pages with articles like:
"DOG GONE - Bulldogs sign drugs cheat".
or
"Dogs sign known salary cap cheat - and then talk about history repeating itself".

You'd have to be INCREDIBLY naive to think if we are remotely considering this, that it won't backfire in spectacular fashion.

There are far better coaches available who haven't resorted to cheating.

For those saying everyone does it... clearly not everyone.

Either way I can't see the NRL ever lifting the ban, given there is zero incentive for them to do so, and it looks bad against an already shaky Beattie and Greenberg team. They can't afford any more time in the paper or media fuck ups.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only worrying thing about the whole write up is the fact Pay May be here till the end of 2020 ! I stopped reading there :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Where there is smoke there is fire.make no mistake the old board appointed pay and were happy to give him his first 1st grade gig.No other coach was interested in the gig.madge sat down looked at our books and the interview didn’t go any further.
Fast forward the old board are gone in comes bullfrogs daughter.they can’t sack pay as no other coach wants the gig and secondly there are massive salary cap problems.
1st project sort out salary cap.hard decisions had to be made.short term pain for long term again.too many players on overs.moses Mbye was never worth 750k
He is worth 400 tops!! Ditto josh Reynolds.
Lynne Anderson won’t tolerate her beloved bulldogs losing for too long and unfortunately for dean pay he may be moved on early to make way for Flanagan.its not his fault it’s just the circumstances.i really wished that dean had the experience to get our inexperienced side firing better at this stage of the season.had we been five wins I think he would have been safe.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hope this story is true.

All this nonense about derailing the bulldogs. Look at the ladder we are running last, how much more do you want to be derailed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need I remind people what happened last time we cheated in the NRL?
The cap salary tore our club apart, and just picture this.

Rothfield trying to get his mate a leg up for the coaching job.

What journo do you think will be first and foremost splashing our jersey (and sponsors on jersey) all over the front and back pages with articles like:
"DOG GONE - Bulldogs sign drugs cheat".
or
"Dogs sign known salary cap cheat - and then talk about history repeating itself".

You'd have to be INCREDIBLY naive to think if we are remotely considering this, that it won't backfire in spectacular fashion.

There are far better coaches available who haven't resorted to cheating.

For those saying everyone does it... clearly not everyone.

Either way I can't see the NRL ever lifting the ban, given there is zero incentive for them to do so, and it looks bad against an already shaky Beattie and Greenberg team. They can't afford any more time in the paper or media fuck ups.
You're kidding yourself if you really think the papers will have headlines like that....

I wouldn't say the salary cap ripped the Bulldogs apart we won the comp 2 years after that!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pays on peenuts compared to other coaches we had to pay Hasler out for this year there is no way if Flanagan comes to us will he allow the Anderson’s to intervene like I’ve said before he come come bring his young bloke too he is in good form and bring xerri too and one of the brailey brothers people gonna say no but the whole have to have a bulldog coaching theory is shot Flanagan could provide it and can recruit players and this whole bullshit Cronulla cheated well don’t mean shit they didn’t strip there tittle he fell on his sword so his players would suffer the conciqences I believe

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A recent premiership winning coach would really be a boost. But a much maligned character would somehow make the dogs a easier media target I feel.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A recent premiership winning coach would really be a boost. But a much maligned character would somehow make the dogs a easier media target I feel.
If he really is Rothfields mate we may get some positive fluff pieces.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything is done with Flanagan I believe it will be in the off season so dumb fucks like Paul ****, and the rest of the nrl media morons don’t influence greenturd with his decision

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Pays on peenuts compared to other coaches we had to pay Hasler out for this year there is no way if Flanagan comes to us will he allow the Anderson’s to intervene like I’ve said before he come come bring his young bloke too he is in good form and bring xerri too and one of the brailey brothers people gonna say no but the whole have to have a bulldog coaching theory is shot Flanagan could provide it and can recruit players and this whole bullshit Cronulla cheated well don’t mean shit they didn’t strip there tittle he fell on his sword so his players would suffer the conciqences I believe
You think it’s just that easy to pick players you wish for him to bring along with him lol.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bulldogs "We'd like to sign a new coach"
Greenberg "Who"
Bulldogs "Shane Flanag...."
Greenberg "Forget it"

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can’t tell me Flanno is the best option for us right?

Just like Pay couldn’t have been the best option for us when he signed. Just poor management all round.

I’d give Holbrook a call though to be honest, even Hook, Toovey, maybe even Taylor before flanno. And the thing is if you get him without his son then it’s like getting an sti from an ugly chick.

My choice for coach has always been dymock. My respect for him as a football mind, as a structural coach etc. ok maybe he’d struggle as a day to day coach, managing players, caps, injuries etc.

But he would have been the feel good story. And it rights a wrong when we dicked him in 2012 when he was supposed to be head coach. No dude deserved a head coaching role more then him. But was dicked on more then one occasion.

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can’t tell me Flanno is the best option for us right?

Just like Pay couldn’t have been the best option for us when he signed. Just poor management all round.

I’d give Holbrook a call though to be honest, even Hook, Toovey, maybe even Taylor before flanno. And the thing is if you get him without his son then it’s like getting an sti from an ugly chick.

My choice for coach has always been dymock. My respect for him as a football mind, as a structural coach etc. ok maybe he’d struggle as a day to day coach, managing players, caps, injuries etc.

But he would have been the feel good story. And it rights a wrong when we dicked him in 2012 when he was supposed to be head coach. No dude deserved a head coaching role more then him. But was dicked on more then one occasion.
Now who the hell is he going to attract to the club ?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think it’s just that easy to pick players you wish for him to bring along with him lol.
Obviously not it’s not that easy.
to be honest I don’t think any decent coach would come near our club as it stands we all can wish and speculate but they gonna keep pay

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now who the hell is he going to attract to the club ?
Because Hasler was a huge recruiter for us?

The notion of players coming for coaches is a farce. It comes down to money. You have to be an idiot to take unders to play for a coach.

At the end of the day the best teams in the comp are the ones that use the salary cap system the best without getting caught.

Get us a few mil in 3rd party sponsors and we can have 17 immortals in the team with Brutus as the coach.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WOW
The CLUB has sold everyone the dummy !!!
In time you will know what I mean .

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW
The CLUB has sold everyone the dummy !!!
In time you will know what I mean .
How much time?

I’m more excited about possible things happening at the club than I am about today’s game