Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with Bulldogs effective immediately.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve got no issues with it being an 18 month deal. Worst that can happen is he flops but it’s part of our cap hell timeline anyway. Otherwise he kills it for us and out performs his value. Then we can elect to re-sign him at 25 years old he can test the market elsewhere.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with everybody good signing, also agree with some who suggest straight to centre.

Would also be happy with the report Cogger to hooker and Lewis to halves.

Also happy with reports about possible new coach.

Is Campbell- Gillard our answer at Prop?

Napa, Odgen & Campbell-Gillard sounds ok to me.

It would sound better without the names Tolman & Fualalo.

Penrith our new nursery.
Fualalo’s coming along nicely...running harder and getting better every game. I’d keep him over Campbell Gilliard

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This caught everyone by surprise. DWZ can dominate from time to time but goes missing too often in between. Hopefully the change of club helps him and we see more consistency and more of the form we saw last year with him at fullback for NZ.

I'm sure he'll play fullback with us. I wonder how much he signed for though and if Penrith are paying freight? If he was on 800k a year, we wouldn't want to be paying more than 500k a year max.

I like the fact that he comes off contract in a year and a half but wish they did that with Napa, Meaney, Cogger etc instead...
Not really. It was news to everyone he was coming to the dogs or tigers. Heavily reported tigers have no cap space so that only left option a

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just heard the interview with Andrew Hill in Triple M. Something is definitely brewing! Paul Kent asked him if there is any truth in Shane Flanagan potentially coaching us but Hill just say it’s all speculation etc.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent signing. Welcome aboard DWZ! So glad we finally secured a quality back. Quietly excited about the possibility of more news.
Any chance our next signing also kicks goals? Might be why the club doesn’t seem to mind seeing the back of Martin?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There must be a high percentage of 2 Dads in South Auckland .. lol
Glad I’m not from Auckland then :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Or kiwis just have better names lol, either or !! JK!!

Last edited:

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe the Hoppa factor will lure Izzy, both being Mormons. He might have put in a good word for the club saying how flexible and respectful of his beliefs etc, etc. I don't care what Beattie says, the NRL would looooove to snare him back to League as a big FU to Union. We'd just need to make sure that he understands his Instagram posts have to be toned down a bit.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the Hoppa factor will lure Izzy, both being Mormons. He might have put in a good word for the club saying how flexible and respectful of his beliefs etc, etc. I don't care what Beattie says, the NRL would looooove to snare him back to League as a big FU to Union. We'd just need to make sure that he understands his Instagram posts have to be toned down a bit.
Izzy is no longer a Mormon... he will sue the shit out of Australia rugby... then will go Japanese rugby