Players who would not make first grade in any other club

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
a lot of those have played first grade at other clubs..

Apparently Elliot knocked back big money offers to stay at the bulldogs.. (im not a fan of Elliott btw)

I believe some of the criticism to Meaney, Chrichton and Fualalo is unwarranted .. theyve all been strong performers this year.

Mate we all know Meaney has been safe but he doesnt do it for me...

The guy can’t seem to bust any tackles and utilise his speed, doesn’t seem to have a step or a fend either

Fufalo has stepped up this year

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worth a try..what's too lose. Was reading that the good coaches pick the bench first...it's that important in today's game. Bench for Jacko could spark something for him. I assume you have CHN at 3 tho.
Yes sorry
Thank u for correcting me
Chn at centre

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate we all know Meaney has been safe but he doesnt do it for me...

The guy can’t seem to bust any tackles and utilise his speed, doesn’t seem to have a step or a fend either

Fufalo has stepped up this year
Agreed. The only highlight really has been his first run he for us against the Tigers.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bottom line is our salary cap is fucked.

What do people not understand about this?

For the next few years we’ll only be adding fringe first graders to our squad as we just don’t have room in the cap.

It’s pretty simple I think...

How is it simple?

Didn’t we release

Graham
Woods
Klemmer
Mbye
Morris twins
Kasiano
And Eastwood

To free up the cap that Hasler destroyed for us?

So now that these players are gone why are we still in the same position?

What was the purpose of releasing these players if we in haven’t improved our situation.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How is it simple?

Didn’t we release

Graham
Woods
Klemmer
Mbye
Morris twins
Kasiano
And Eastwood

What was the purpose of releasing these players if we in haven’t improved our situation.
Don't forget Reynolds.

It did improve our overall situation. It means we have a chance in 2021. Thats how dire it was.

Honestly for the good player that he is, a lot of it falls on Kieran Foran. He's our million dollar man and needs to make others look good. He been good in patches but certainly not 1 million dollars good.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the selected current position, reckon the following WOULD not get a gig at any other NRL club. Any deletion. Bottom line need players that will test your opponents.
Meaney.
Crichton.
Montoya.
Chris Smith
Cogger
Elliott
Marshall King.
Fualalo ?
Nearly half the team.
We can say the same about our Coach

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really need a Bateman type of character in the team that just hates losing and is just a mongrel dog that will do anything to win.

The whole playing group lacks confidence and just trying hard and getting close seem to be acceptable.
I looks like the club and Pay thought that Elliot would do for us what Bateman does for the raiders, but it doesn't look like it, I don't know what his team mates would think.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line is our salary cap is fucked.

What do people not understand about this?

For the next few years we’ll only be adding fringe first graders to our squad as we just don’t have room in the cap.

It’s pretty simple I think...
Our cap isnt fucked. The board isnt fooling anyone. They are just using it as an excuse to buy more time for themselves.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our cap isnt fucked. The board isnt fooling anyone. They are just using it as an excuse to buy more time for themselves.
yeah we just got rid of graham, mbye, woods, reynolds for a laugh

please also ignore all the articles that came out about the NRL telling us we were over the cap if we didn't sell players

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney has been the most consistent all year. This has a future. He isn't Teddy but he is solid

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah we just got rid of graham, mbye, woods, reynolds for a laugh

please also ignore all the articles that came out about the NRL telling us we were over the cap if we didn't sell players
How did we just sign DWZ I thought our cap was fucked?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the start of the year with hoppa at fullback. I’d struggle to think any of of players make another teams 13 (hoppa wouldn’t be fullback at any other club).

Maybe Foran. No disrespect to smith. But even he would struggle to find a starting wing spot even though he seems like a classy player.

And doubt tolman would start on many other teams.

So in essence we had Foran, hoppa as a winger/centre (not as a fullback), Jackson might make the 13 on some teams. And probably Napa. The rest of the squad in essence are squad players. And some better then others. And most of the rest are fringe/reserve graders.

I know I made similar claims in another thread and got slammed with getting told something like 56% of the squad or something is reserve graders in all teams. Fact of the matter is we only have 4-5 players that would make the starting team at any other club (on a good day). So that’s 10-12% of the team.

There are positives with lots of players coming off contract in the next 2 years. And most of the payments we are making (mbye, woods etc) should be finishing soon. So we get back to an even playing field in terms of having a 10 million dollar squad.

Just hope the board, ceo and coach don’t fuck it up this time round.

I already have concerns with pays extension after 3 rounds. So hope we don’t blow the cap that way on players. Will be the second time in a row we sack a coach before their contract started if pay doesn’t make it to next season.

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Foran =1 million a season
Ponga = 600k a season . We have had to pay players way overs to get them to this club.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is it simple?

Didn’t we release

Graham
Woods
Klemmer
Mbye
Morris twins
Kasiano
And Eastwood

Because other back-ended contracts have come into play to replace the ones mentioned above.

That is the nature of the beast, get rid of one, next year the next one comes into play to replace it.

The last of these contracts are finishing next year.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We really need a Bateman type of character in the team that just hates losing and is just a mongrel dog that will do anything to win.

The whole playing group lacks confidence and just trying hard and getting close seem to be acceptable.
We had one. His name is Josh Reynolds.