Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOD EDIT - NOW CONFIRMED
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/06/04/joe-stimson-to-join-the-bulldogs-on-a-three-year-deal/

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have added to their forward strength by signing talented second-rower Joe Stimson for the next three seasons, keeping him at Belmore until the end of the 2022 season.

23 year-old Stimson made his debut for the Melbourne Storm in 2017 and has currently made 40 NRL appearances, including last season's Grand Final loss to the Sydney Roosters.

His big game experience will be a valuable addition to a young Bulldogs pack.

Coach Dean Pay was delighted at getting someone of Stimson's ability to the Bulldogs:

"Although he is still only 23, Joe has already got some big-game experience under his belt with the Storm and we feel that he will be a great addition to our forwards. We have a very young side in terms of age and NRL games, so to add someone with Joe's talent and winning attitude will be a big boost for us moving forward and I know that everyone is excited about what he can bring."

Buzz Rothfield stating dogs have signed him for 2020.... another backrower? Really think we have a few other positions that would be priority??
Please watch this guy if you can under Bellamy's coaching runs hard and has a good ofload,very interesting to see how he goes under pay.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please watch this guy if you can under Bellamy's coaching runs hard and has a good ofload,very interesting to see how he goes under pay.

good thing for him is he wont have to worry about that

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good signing. Wouldn’t be expensive looking forward to watching him play for the dogs.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Far out!
Maybe 2017 Josh Jackson, not 2019 Josh Jackson.
I've said this quite a few times, Jackson is that player every good team needs that does that does the dirty work, no team needs 13 of them nor can he be your best player.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he can make a name for himself with this club. Comes from a good system.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for us to annouce we have Christian Welch as well. That would be perfect and means we don't need anymore forwards as we would have the go forward we need (though I heard that Dean Britt will be signed as well, though I think thats more of a depth signing, I wonder as well if Dean does Darren's no look toss the ball out the back pass that use to give me heart attacks).

And then the next signing better be a bloody hooker. At least 2 of them, and clear the deck with the rubbish ones we have now.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
And then the next signing better be a bloody hooker. At least 2 of them, and clear the deck with the rubbish ones we have now.
Brown and Lichaa are off contract this year.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stimson had had very limited game time again today. Welch has been dominating and been as impressive as ever. If he's available, he would have been a way better signing than Napa and Stimson.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Stimson had had very limited game time again today. Welch has been dominating and been as impressive as ever. If he's available, he would have been the a way better signing than Napa and Stimson.
Remember months ago I recommend Welch as one of my favoured signings and some pelican was arguing with me saying he's overrated and shit lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Remember months ago I recommend Welch as one of my favoured signings and some pelican was arguing with me saying he's overrated and shit lol
Ehh, you'll always get that on here.

The kennel, the place where everyone knows everything, and if you dare have a difference of opinion, watch the abuse roll in :tearsofjoy:

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Ehh, you'll always get that on here.

The kennel, the place where everyone knows everything, and if you dare have a difference of opinion, watch the abuse roll in :tearsofjoy:
Bullshit that never happens here you F----n cracking chin balls arse.
LOL
Sorry mate couldn't help it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stimson is a solid player. He will be a decent signing but with Grant, Drinkwater and Welch potentially on the market, it's hard not to be frustrated when all three would offer far greater impact.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Melbourne just signed a prop effective immediately. Maybe Stimson could come here mid season if other changes are made