Other News Source Mbye / DWZ Swap / DWZ possibly headed to Dogs

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RCG shits all over Napa in my opinion only if we waited in replacing klem.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ to Cowboys (as fullback) or Tigers.

Cowboys gone cold on Drinkwater as Bellamy wants a decent player in exchange for him, and Cowboys do not want to player swap.
Tigers are trying to shift Mbye, but apparentely he's refusing to move (and Panthers aren't interested in Mbye as a swap).

Most likely destination is now Cowboys bound with Panthers freeing up cap space.
Doesn’t want to leave SYDNEY so cowboys are out

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like every other club knows how to recruit except for us fuck off man

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ever since RCG broke his jaw he has turned into a cat.

When he runs into the line he slows down and turns his body to the side.

He has been scarred and he will never be the same.

Thanks, but no thanks

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck this deadwood.

Panthers are doing what we are doing.

Go get some fucken mint Merbau decking and get Kyle Flanagan, Jayden Brailey and Bronson Xerri

No more duds ffs

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck this deadwood.

Go get some fucken mint Merbau decking and get Kyle Flanagan, Jayden Brailey and Bronson Xerri

No more duds ffs

Couldnt agree more

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck this deadwood.

No more duds ffs
Agreed man. Blake is okay but is a massive hog, injury prone and inconsistent as. If he was cheap you'd want him but not at 500k.

RCG hasn't done shit in years. Hetherington is a tough young forward but we don't need another one.

Save the money and roster spots for Drinkwater, Robson, Grant, Nikora etc.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I love how Madge wouldn't consider coaching us because how bad the books were but he joined the Tigers who somehow are more cap fucked than us.

I think Mitch Connor is right. He'll end up at the Tigers and we're probably just being used to drive up his price.

Which isn't the end of the world in my opinion as Drinkwater or Papenhuyzen would be better fullbacks for us.
Bang on. If Storm are looking for someone in return for Drinkwater, I say we go in with an offer to good to refuse for Papenhuyzen... after all how many times have we released a player for personal reasons (cough cough more money)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bang on. If Storm are looking for someone in return for Drinkwater, I say we go in with an offer to good to refuse for Papenhuyzen... after all how many times have we released a player for personal reasons (cough cough more money)
Well it looks like Papenhuyzen will stay there at fullback now. The last month I've been calling for them to drop Croft and put Hughes in the halves with Papenhuyzen at fullback.

They did it today because Croft was struggling again but came off after 20 minutes for a HIA with Melbourne down 10-2. Pap came on, Hughes looked great in the halves and wasn't the defensive liability Croft is and they won 32-10. Surely Bellamy sticks with that combination now.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, he doesn't. He's also been a massive cat since breaking his jaw. I'd only take a chance on him if we could cut one of our plodders.
Lets give bellamy josh jackson.
In return we would like little Papi,Brandon Smith and Welch

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mbye rumours may have been knocked on the head by the man himself.

Several reports, including one by NRL.com, had Mbye feeling restless with positional changes Maguire has been making in regards to Mbye.

"I've got, I don't know how long left [on my contract], but I'm not going anywhere…" Mbye said in the Tigers sheds post-match. He is signed until the end of 2022 after leaving the Bulldogs mid-year in 2018.
"You don't really ask, you just put trust in the staff and your boss," he said of the reports he might be looking elsewhere for a club.
"I'm not going to be blowing up unless they pick up the phone [to me] and they haven't – so nothing to worry about."

But the events of 12 months ago when coach Dean Pay released him from Canterbury – where he made his debut in 2014 and played hooker in the grand final loss to South Sydney – are re-surfacing.

"It's more annoying than anything. You settle in somewhere and it's not just you that buys into an organisation, it's your family too."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/08/mbye-comfortable-with-centre-if-it-means-more-wests-tigers-wins/

Combine the above with Madge's comments and you'd have to assume Mbye is not the player Tigers want to shift if they are after DWZ. Thompson is off contract so not him either. At a guess I reckon Reynolds is the man they are trying to shift.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Several reports, including one by NRL.com, had Mbye feeling restless with positional changes Maguire has been making in regards to Mbye.

"I've got, I don't know how long left [on my contract], but I'm not going anywhere…" Mbye said in the Tigers sheds post-match. He is signed until the end of 2022 after leaving the Bulldogs mid-year in 2018.
"You don't really ask, you just put trust in the staff and your boss," he said of the reports he might be looking elsewhere for a club.
"I'm not going to be blowing up unless they pick up the phone [to me] and they haven't – so nothing to worry about."

But the events of 12 months ago when coach Dean Pay released him from Canterbury – where he made his debut in 2014 and played hooker in the grand final loss to South Sydney – are re-surfacing.

"It's more annoying than anything. You settle in somewhere and it's not just you that buys into an organisation, it's your family too."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/08/mbye-comfortable-with-centre-if-it-means-more-wests-tigers-wins/

Combine the above with Madge's comments and you'd have to assume Mbye is not the player Tigers want to shift if they are after DWZ. Thompson is off contract so not him either. At a guess I reckon Reynolds is the man they are trying to shift.
Tigers aren’t shifting Reynolds without paying most of the $800k.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

When will you learn that almost nothing they say is true? Generally when there's this much smoke and multiple people deny everything, then something is definitely going down...

How many times did Mbye and Hill say he wasnt going anywhere? Then weeks later, he was off to the Tigers with us paying freight.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm confused, hasn't the club said repeatedly we don't have 2 cents to rub together (Salary cap wise) until 2021?

How much is DWZ Penrith contract worth?

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So weird how other clubs ignore what we say about our players... Who would know their team better than the people who watch them week in week out with a keen eye?

Mbye was meant to be some elite half at the Tigers because Des said so... lol... And Des was meant to be some elite coach cause the Telegraph said so... lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking from the outside ....

The pieces don't match up for the Bulldogs getting him, and I even question that we're even in for him. Absolute massive amount of noise coming out of Tigerland about having to let go of players etc etc. They wouldn't unsettle their team that much unless DWZ had already given them an agreement of some kind that he'll go there. There's no way they'd be making this much noise out there if they didn't believe he was signing for them. DWZ himself wouldn't push for a move out of Penrith unless he had something planned with another club already.

In all honesty, has there been actually anything at all that shows we've got an interest in him and are still negotiating with his agent? All I've heard is Tigers, Tigers, Tigers. He ain't coming people

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But that said in order for the Mbye to Cowboys thing to happen, Cowboys would need to clear some space as well.

Could also be Tyran Smith (Reimis Smith's father and DWZ's manager), pushing up his asking price for the Dogs to pay him.