Other News Source Peachey could depart Titans to make Panthers return

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tyrone Peachey’s brief stint at the Gold Coast could be over in the coming weeks as Penrith prepare to lure the former NSW representative back to the club before the June 30 transfer deadline.

NRL.com understands Peachey’s manager Sam Ayoub met the Titans over the past week in regards to an early release from his deal at the club on compassionate grounds, despite being six months into a three-year deal.

The Panthers, who now have a spot available on their roster after releasing Dallin Watene-Zeleniak on Friday night, have been in discussions with Peachey’s manager about the prospect of him returning to the club immediately.

Peachey’s family have struggled to adapt to life on the Gold Coast and are understood to be keen to return home to Sydney.

Penrith and Gold Coast officials are yet to make an official statement on the matter.

The Titans haven’t been happy with the form of Peachey, who became reluctant to join the club after signing a three-year contract early last year, and are understood to be willing to part ways if they are comfortable with the terms of his departure.

The Panthers never wanted to lose Peachey, however salary cap restraints forced him out of the club.

Now Watene-Zelezniak is on the move, the Panthers – who are desperate to add some spark and life into their attack - can afford to bring him back if they can come to an agreement with the Titans in the coming weeks.

After making his NRL debut at Cronulla, the 27-year-old joined the Panthers in 2014, building a close relationship with coach Ivan Cleary in their two seasons together.

Peachey’s struggles at the Titans cost him his spot as the NSW State of Origin bench utility, replaced by Canberra’s Jack Wighton for the opening game of the series.

He started the year in the centres for the Titans but now finds himself on the bench for Sunday’s local derby against the Broncos as the club tries to resurrect its season.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/08/peachey-could-depart-titans-to-make-panthers-return/

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So:

Peachey > Panthers
DWZ > Tigers
Mythbye > Cowboys
????

I do like the June 30 deadline, reminds me a little of the transfer window/s in the EPL.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why the players hold all the power and its pointless enforcing contracts.

Peachey tried to pull out before he even went up there and has been terrible on the field and finally gets what he wanted.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So:

Peachey > Panthers
DWZ > Tigers
Mythbye > Cowboys
????

I do like the June 30 deadline, reminds me a little of the transfer window/s in the EPL.
So if Mehbye goes to the cowboys are will still paying some of his wage or will it be split between tigers and cowboys?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's overrated. He has no real position and is a great attacking player but he's so inconsistent and a defensive liability...

If the Cowboys aren't getting Drinkwater, we really should be going after him.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So if Mehbye goes to the cowboys are will still paying some of his wage or will it be split between tigers and cowboys?
That’s a great question mate, if I was the CEO/Board, I would come out and be very specific and precise about where we’re at with paying other contracts for players who have left.

If they’ve said it before, it hasn’t been clear and I think it would stop the confusion once and for all...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was always going to happen given he begrudgingly moved up there after failing to backflip on the original contract.

Tigers have doubled down on Mbye not going anywhere and very much part of the teams plans moving forwards. Normally that spells the end for a player, by Madge was incredibly diplomatic in how it was said. Mentioned that they wouldn't mind DWZ, but inferred they simply do not have cap space.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/07/mbye-is-our-captain-and-not-going-anywhere--maguire/

Sounds like it could very well end up:
Peachey > Panthers
DWZ > Bulldogs
Mbye > Cowboys only in exchange for Cowboys Prop (to replace Packer/Matalino leaving Tigers).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's overrated. He has no real position and is a great attacking player but he's so inconsistent and a defensive liability...

If the Cowboys aren't getting Drinkwater, we really should be going after him.
If his ego in was in check and did what was best for the team he would be an excellent #14.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We better not miss out in DWZ, it’s ridiculous if we can’t even land an unwanted player before June 30!! Other clubs seem to get their man, yet we miss out on anyone an everyone lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We better not miss out in DWZ, it’s ridiculous if we can’t even land an unwanted player before June 30!! Other clubs seem to get their man, yet we miss out on anyone an everyone lol.
DWZ isn’t unwanted there’s at least 4 clubs that have had a crack at him!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ isn’t unwanted there’s at least 4 clubs that have had a crack at him!
Maybe he is, but I wouldn’t have a problem signing him, would add a little spark and is it only young still, could be quality in the near future , only my two cents though lol..!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he is, but I wouldn’t have a problem signing him, would add a little spark and is it only young still, could be quality in the near future , only my two cents though lol..!
He would be a good signing but not worth over paying for. If he has a few clubs after him it will drive his price up for sure.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was always going to happen given he begrudgingly moved up there after failing to backflip on the original contract.

Tigers have doubled down on Mbye not going anywhere and very much part of the teams plans moving forwards. Normally that spells the end for a player, by Madge was incredibly diplomatic in how it was said. Mentioned that they wouldn't mind DWZ, but inferred they simply do not have cap space.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/07/mbye-is-our-captain-and-not-going-anywhere--maguire/

Sounds like it could very well end up:
Peachey > Panthers
DWZ > Bulldogs
Mbye > Cowboys only in exchange for Cowboys Prop (to replace Packer/Matalino leaving Tigers).
Guaranteed the doggies won't get DWZ, who want's to play for a team that has no chance of winning a premiership before the year 2030.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like the old joke....if we fell into a box full of tits, we’d come up sucking our thumb!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Fuck dwz if we can get waqa blake. Talk about a strike centre