Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll come clean, I'm really a plant for a rival ticket who wants to overthrow the current board!

My agenda being:

1) Avoid the dreaded wooded spoon.
2) Make the final series regularly.
3) Win a premiership again.
4) Play exciting attacking football.
5) Get a new coach who can get the beast out of current players and pick the best team instead of his favourites and who can attract class players to want to come and play for us.
6) Ensure where not even in discussions for possible relocation etc when the NRL inevitably starts to consider expanding the game.
7) Offload players not performing and who seemingly haven't got improvement in them and overpaid players whose best days are behind them.
8) Sign a quality half back, hooker, centres and prop.
Do you really think the current board wouldn’t have these as targets as well?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does Ben Anderson’s name keep popping up
What has he done to have his name in the mix to coach our great club
Surely we sign a real top class coach next time to get us back on track
I sure as hell hope Not

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay is here to stay. This will probably upset a few but his part of the clubs rebuild. I am no different to other passionate supporters who want results and want some good footy but in reality it’s been always said it will take years for results. As much as the board has removed some overpaid players which was a start unfortunately there are still some overpaid players left. You can guess who they maybe. Apparently the club expects next year to be competitive and the following to be in the 8. This also goes for our salary cap in reference to buying competitive nrl players. I will just support our boys and hope we can eventually start Winning a few games. I found this out today I thought as I was frustrated myself I would let whoever was interested on the kennel know.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay is looking for a PAY day, he's lost the dressing room & looking for an early PAY out.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When people start telling you how to do your job, your time at the club is numbered.

Right own up... whose duplicate account is this!?!?!
Not sure what you mean.? Who is telling Pay how to do his job..

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is here to stay. This will probably upset a few but his part of the clubs rebuild. I am no different to other passionate supporters who want results and want some good footy but in reality it’s been always said it will take years for results. As much as the board has removed some overpaid players which was a start unfortunately there are still some overpaid players left. You can guess who they maybe. Apparently the club expects next year to be competitive and the following to be in the 8. This also goes for our salary cap in reference to buying competitive nrl players. I will just support our boys and hope we can eventually start Winning a few games. I found this out today I thought as I was frustrated myself I would let whoever was interested on the kennel know.
Great post, you’re spot on.
Our supporters need to get real! The effect of the backended deals will go on into season 2020. There are still 4 overpaid players in our midst, this will come to an end then. We will be in a position to sign 4-5 marquee players in June 2020, along with our current youngsters in the NRL having 20+ games under their belts with a sprinkling of our gun juniors & we’ll be more than competitive for season 2021.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I'll come clean, I'm really a plant for a rival ticket who wants to overthrow the current board!

My agenda being:

1) Avoid the dreaded wooded spoon.
2) Make the final series regularly.
3) Win a premiership again.
4) Play exciting attacking football.
5) Get a new coach who can get the beast out of current players and pick the best team instead of his favourites and who can attract class players to want to come and play for us.
6) Ensure where not even in discussions for possible relocation etc when the NRL inevitably starts to consider expanding the game.
7) Offload players not performing and who seemingly haven't got improvement in them and overpaid players whose best days are behind them.
8) Sign a quality half back, hooker, centres and prop.
9) Bring back Des on $1M plus a year with guaranteed bonuses for making the 8.
10) Give Des full control of recruitment and retention and every thing else.
11) Back end fringe players to the hilt so that we have a half competitive team so that Des can get paid his bonuses.
12) Give Des a two year extension when it is clear that we are going backwoods.
13) Make sure that the players play boring one out football.
14) Stick to your favorites and never drop players for poor performance.
15) Insure that any junior who shows promise is not signed up.
16) Re sign Woods and Foran for big money just prior to the board elections.
17) Establish a pie shop for Cleal exclusive use at the Leagues club.
19) 20) 21)22) Many other great decisions we could look forward to.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our supporters need to get real! The effect of the backended deals will go on into season 2020. There are still 4 overpaid players in our midst, this will come to an end then. We will be in a position to sign 4-5 marquee players in June 2020, along with our current youngsters in the NRL having 20+ games under their belts with a sprinkling of our gun juniors & we’ll be more than competitive for season 2021.
And who the fuk are we going to recruit with a dud coach.....we need to get rid of pay and bring in a coach who players want to play for...halfback five eighth hooker winger and centre are our priorities.....but pay is not the coach to rebuild our team....he needs to be pissed off by the end of the year so the incoming coach can make recruitment decisions....by the end of 2020 they will have a lot of money to spend on players...and this in itself may attract a high quality coach....the question is who. And please no more former bulldogs players as coach......just get the best fukin coach

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just lol. Peak mediocrity, Pay needs to go asap.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
9) Bring back Des on $1M plus a year with guaranteed bonuses for making the 8.
10) Give Des full control of recruitment and retention and every thing else.
11) Back end fringe players to the hilt so that we have a half competitive team so that Des can get paid his bonuses.
12) Give Des a two year extension when it is clear that we are going backwoods.
13) Make sure that the players play boring one out football.
14) Stick to your favorites and never drop players for poor performance.
15) Insure that any junior who shows promise is not signed up.
16) Re sign Woods and Foran for big money just prior to the board elections.
17) Establish a pie shop for Cleal exclusive use at the Leagues club.
19) 20) 21)22) Many other great decisions we could look forward to.
I agree with what you have said but my main point is the current board resigned Pay for 2020 after 2 rounds this season.

As Geoff Toovey so famously said, someone needs to be held accountable for this.

You must agree with this decision but I don't.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And who the fuk are we going to recruit with a dud coach.....we need to get rid of pay and bring in a coach who players want to play for...halfback five eighth hooker winger and centre are our priorities.....but pay is not the coach to rebuild our team....he needs to be pissed off by the end of the year so the incoming coach can make recruitment decisions....by the end of 2020 they will have a lot of money to spend on players...and this in itself may attract a high quality coach....the question is who. And please no more former bulldogs players as coach......just get the best fukin coach
Following the sacking of Kevin we did get the best coach available and he only did Ok by backending player contracts ie. having a Roster worth a few million more than the cap, in other words borrowing against future years cap.
NOW THAT'S WHY WE ARE IN THE MESS WE ARE IN RIGHT NOW.
By the way i do agree that pay was resigned in haste with the hope of attracting players , just like Des was given 2 more years for the same reason then sacked in the same year.
Sorry piggy meant to reply to Squash the berries.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just curious why we are in this mess from back ending contracts? Three years missing finals probably next year too.

People say he did it to Manly too, but they didn't miss finals three years running. They've actually had TWO shit years since he left them and one year where injury made them miss the finals.

So why is it we just crumble and say "we have to wait to 2021 before we will be good"

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board is milking it. There is no way our cap is that bad.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's easier to get rid of deadwood when you've lost the dressing room.....signing players on the other hand..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just curious why we are in this mess from back ending contracts? Three years missing finals probably next year too.

People say he did it to Manly too, but they didn't miss finals three years running. They've actually had TWO shit years since he left them and one year where injury made them miss the finals.

So why is it we just crumble and say "we have to wait to 2021 before we will be good"
Because we have too many pussy bitch fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.