News Latrell Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guy needs to grow up.....if this is true about him returning to Taree rather than back to Sydney to play for the Roosters this weekend, certain rumours doing the rounds are up may be closer to the mark than we think...

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...er-origin-i-shocker/qcmxdg9xn7tt19q514obq6fu8

Mystery surrounds NSW and Sydney Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell's decision not to return to Sydney after his shocker in Origin I.

There is agreement among Blues and Roosters officials that the 21-year-old returned to his home town of Taree with family members on Thursday.

Beyond that, things begin to get murky.

What remains unclear is whether Mitchell bothered to tell the Chooks about his change in plans, with the boom centre almost certain to miss Sunday's Round 13 clash against Penrith.

Blues senior adviser Greg Alexander claimed the Tricolours had signed off on Mitchell's road trip in a testy interview on Fox Sports on Thursday night.

Earlier, NSW coach Brad Fittler took a swipe at Mitchell's commitment levels and conceded the Roosters are far from pleased with Mitchell.

"I know they're not that happy at the Roosters and there's a lot going on in his life at the moment with managers," Fittler said.

"There always seems to be something other than footy. He obviously needs to work on his motivation.

Wide World of Sports' The Mole also reported on Thursday that Trent Robinson and co are none-too-pleased with the superstar back.

Mitchell started the 2019 NRL season among the form players in the competition but has fallen out of form in recent weeks amid speculation of off-field issues.

He was arguably the worst player on the field at Suncorp Stadium as the Blues surrendered an early 8-0 lead to suffer an 18-14 loss in the series opener.

Fittler is almost certain to stick with the centre for Game 2 in Perth on Sunday, June 23.

It remains to be seen whether the Roosters will sanction Mitchell if it is true he failed to notify them of his trip to Taree.

Last edited:

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of Hodges when he went missing aftet an ordinary debut for qld. Wankers.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And then return years later to play for us lol
Just waiting for our fair share of that shot to come
Our way . We’ve been fucked over ever since and seeing sonny bill return for the roosters was enough
For me to think
Yep surely we got good karma coming

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well people compared him to grog Inglis.

Maybe he really is following him by doing a runner to get on a bender.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will never come to us after Noel passed him on...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brad Fittler will do what ever the Roosters hierarchy tell him to do.

If Roosters say drop him from the team to refocus him, he will do it. What other overhyped Roosters will he bring into the origin fold?

Pearce & Keary halves + Crichton still there along with busted Cordner. QLD are too smart, they give the captaincy to spine players while NSW stay loyal to captain forwards who are busted & easily interchangeable.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he gets dropped because he needs a kick up the ass after that woeful showing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Seems like he's trying to get himself sacked by the Roosters. Making all the right moves and hasn't been interested playing with them for some time.

Remember a few weeks back there were whispers about Souths after Mitchell. They chose Roberts instead. Perhaps they found out something during due diligence.

Could be sour grapes if Mitchell was nearly signed by Souths as well.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we're being politically correct I think this should be referred to as 'going walkabout'

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome back Latrell :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People have to remember this is a 21 year old kid. He's accomplished a lot and developed such a reputation that's it's easy to forget how young he is. He can't be expected to dominate every game at that level yet.

There was talk that he had approved leave from the club for a family funeral and they decided to rest him this week. This may be a nothing story. Who knows what to believe..

Obviously he's distracted and he played like shit in Origin, but people act like the Origin greats didn't have shockers at that level also. I'm sure he'll bounce back next game to silence his critics...

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@btrainben

I also heard he had approval.

Heard the Chooks were resting 2 of their origin players this week & the other 2 next week.

Latrell was this week.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rabbits cleared GI's salary for this guy!

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t give four father fucks really. But it is an interesting read.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was nothing latrell about his defence in origin.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it Nasheed or someone else who had a mate or a cousin in Taree who was related to Holland and related to Mitchell on both sides?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@btrainben

I also heard he had approval.

Heard the Chooks were resting 2 of their origin players this week & the other 2 next week.

Latrell was this week.
I heard the same thing. Teddy will be rested next week.

Reactions: Kaz
Status
Not open for further replies.