Opinion X Factor

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't make a difference, Pay doesn't inspire the players with confidence to express themselves and the systems implemented are also counter productive to this. CHN can offload as good as anybody in the game right now, yet Pay fucking drops him and fails to even implement basic plays around his ability.
And its ironic right? The 1995 dogs team won the grand final with fast dynamic play off the back of offloads and second phase play. He was at the forefront of this team.
Sure, they made some errors but they fronted up with rock hard defense when they did and it worked for them.
Sure, the game has changed since then but even still, these tactics still work when done right.
Will be impossible to sign addo Carr given the way he talks about Melbourne... loves the joint
Its a pipe dream sadly, but he is an outstanding player.
I tendto watch patches of many games and see that teams with big fan bases constantly get screwed by refereeing decisions. And my conspiracy theory is that clubs with big fan bases will have more fans making an emotional bet on their team. Winning a bet because the team you support has been victorious is an icing on the cake thing for some people. The NRL sponsorship deal should never have been allowed to include a percentage of gambling sponsors profit. From the time that deal was set up the refereeing has been as biased as I've seen it in my 39 years of watching the game.
Its a farce to have a profit share of betting company revenue in our game.
Just like its a conflict of interest to have 2(?) teams wholly or partially owned by major media companies.
The influence of such companies on clubs is not to be underestimated.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
no x factor and slowly losing a care factor.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn't make a difference, Pay doesn't inspire the players with confidence to express themselves and the systems implemented are also counter productive to this. CHN can offload as good as anybody in the game right now, yet Pay fucking drops him and fails to even implement basic plays around his ability.
... and then publicly humiliates him by dropping him to reserve grade and telling everyone he needs to learn how to tackle.

You have to think Pay is gone though, surely the board are seeing what we are seeing and are just using him as a band aid solution. Even with Pay gone next year it will still be hard to lure talent over so we are going to have to offer something that other teams don’t offer like a chance to play their preferred position or a guaranteed first grade spot or pay overs. We have fallen a long way from the powerhouse we once were, hopefully that changes in the next couple of years.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
... and then publicly humiliates him by dropping him to reserve grade and telling everyone he needs to learn how to tackle.

You have to think Pay is gone though, surely the board are seeing what we are seeing and are just using him as a band aid solution. Even with Pay gone next year it will still be hard to lure talent over so we are going to have to offer something that other teams don’t offer like a chance to play their preferred position or a guaranteed first grade spot or pay overs. We have fallen a long way from the powerhouse we once were, hopefully that changes in the next couple of years.
funny thing is CHN will be around longer than Pay as per his contract.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One at a time;
Brett Kimmorley - Contracted to the Wests Devils
Michael Ennis - Contracted to Canberra
Mathew Johns - Contracted to Brisbane
Andrew Ryan - Contracted to Souths Newcastle and I seriously doubt that he would do anything remotely close to undermining Pay.
Anthony Perosh - OK, if you say so
Michael Hagan - hasn't coached for 11 years and I seriously doubt would be remotely interested in what would be a 3rd string coaching job.
Mick Potter- Contracted to Parramatta as Development Coach
Griffin - the others I can understand being on your "wish list", but Griffin seriously! Sacked, not just once but twice, both times at great financial cost to the clubs involved and according to Gould "is very old school, he likes to do everything himself. I think in the modern day age the head coach has got to rely on the expertise, knowledge and assistance".

In summary mostly hopeless wishes, with one rather bad choice, all IMHO of course.

Go Dogs
So if you disagree 90% with posters opinions on how to fix things, I would love to hear how you would fix things?

Go Dogs

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to sign someone with X Factor, we have no strike across the park. The only players that can create something are Foran, Reimis & CHN. I’d go hard for Josh Ado-Carr, play him at fullback and pay him good fullback money. I’ve seen enough in his game to know he’d make a good fullback, has put on 8kg this year and if anything is faster. How much would he be on now playing wing ?
The X Factor Is someone who can ignore Pay 's dumb game tactics and plays to win.

I remember in early 2014 after a very disorientated 2013 Tolman talking about how Reynolds was difficult to tie down and coach so Des basically let Reynolds and hodko configure their own style.. 2014 was a grind playing Desball but we got over the line by a field goal more times than I can remember. It was phenomenal.
2014 was also the year both our halves played origin and the year hodko won the series for NSW breaking the 9 year drought.

Players need space to create. Players need to make decisions.
Men particularly respond well when they make their own decisions.

Women are amazing at making men think they're making the decisions..

I'd also like to suggest again that Reynolds coming back would be a great idea particularly working together with lewis

Last edited:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need x-factor , we don’t have it, we want it!!

Meaney maybe not it yet, but Could be.. I’m happy to wait an see.
Meaney needs to back himself. I’ve seen him go to the line step out in half gap then go to ground way to easy. He needs to get his fend going and back himself, he has the speed to beat guys 1 on 1

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only X factor we shall have this season is when PAY FCUKS OFFF!!!! WHY IS HE STILL HEREEEE FCUKK!!!!!! FCUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to sign someone with X Factor, we have no strike across the park. The only players that can create something are Foran, Reimis & CHN. I’d go hard for Josh Ado-Carr, play him at fullback and pay him good fullback money. I’ve seen enough in his game to know he’d make a good fullback, has put on 8kg this year and if anything is faster. How much would he be on now playing wing ?
We all know Dean Pay needs to go! Which will happen this year.

There's a possibility of an unexpected signing boys and it's big, I can't say and I won't say who. it also might not happen. Don't ask me how the club can afford it because I don't know but I know it's in talks. I wish I could share but its not worth the risk of blowing it up. I'm just excited that it could happen.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

There's a possibility of an unexpected signing boys and it's big, I can't say and I won't say who. it also might not happen. Don't ask me how the club can afford it because I don't know but I know it's in talks. I wish I could share but its not worth the risk of blowing it up. I'm just excited that it could happen.
S.B.W Lol

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

If you're kidding around I don't think we can be friends anymore.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been on here for a long time, I enjoy reading some of the comments here and when I hear stuff I like to share.

Boys I honestly hope this happens, I'll keep you guys posted if it goes well or not.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been on here for a long time, I enjoy reading some of the comments here and when I hear stuff I like to share.

Boys I honestly hope this happens, I'll keep you guys posted if it goes well or not.
Is the player available as in off contract?