canterbury bulldogs board

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't played fg league. What is the normal outcome when situations like this happen in a club. Must be relatively common with a bunch of testosterone fueled males with egos and an inexperienced new coach who can't stamp his authority.

Is the Board likely to step in ...or uphold the time honoured tradition of budding out.

Dib was crucified for getting into the players telling them to get behind Des.

We're blindly saying get rid of the problem but what is realisticly gunna happen d'ya reckon.
I'm not 100% sure.. I'd expect the board to talk to the players and find out if he coach is the problem or not.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is fucking shit, it’s fucking shit, it’s fucking shitttt.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure.. I'd expect the board to talk to the players and find out if he coach is the problem or not.
You'd think so. Need to be talking to the captain and leadership group I guess (just hope Adam is off getting x-rays or something lol).

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder what it would actually take for Lynne to come out and address all of the issues? Because if this season and the last month or more aren't it, then I'd hate to see what is....

Bullfrog fired Gould and Ryan the year after winning premierships while his daughter extends a coach with a 30% win rate, goes into hiding for months and sits back while the club sinks further by the day.

Bullfrog must be rolling around in his grave. A Peter Moore Hologram would be more effective than the mob we have running the club now.
She was part of the Titans as well, and did a whole heap of Fuck all there.
The Andersons are just suckers, holding on to history and bleeding the club of money.
This board WILL be gone next vote and I hope the next board actually gives a fuck

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
She was part of the Titans as well, and did a whole heap of Fuck all there.
The Andersons are just suckers, holding on to history and bleeding the club of money.
This board WILL be gone next vote and I hope the next board actually gives a fuck
Who is this magic board that’s going to take on the Andersons? They won’t get voted out.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who is this magic board that’s going to take on the Andersons? They won’t get voted out.
If we keep going down, anyone will be able to get rid of the Andersons. They and this board are not helping at all

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we keep going down, anyone will be able to get rid of the Andersons. They and this board are not helping at all
I don’t think you realise how hard it would be for “anyone” to put their hand up and get voted in.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your opinion is noted. Thanks for your continued support. If you want to support another team go ahead. We at the Bulldogs stick solid through crises and work our way out. We have people at the Club with a history of achieving. #Talk the team up.
Get off your high horse. This board is as pathetic if not worse then the last one. Who resigns a coach after 2 flobbings that noone on this planet wanted. Maybe you are the one that should go support another team where mediocre is accepted.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a Berries/Bulldog supporter since I was 12, I am now 77 this does not make me any smarter than the rest of the Kennel Forum. What I will claim however is that I'm a lot wiser because that only comes with age & mistakes on the way. What I have learned is that anyone that's in charge who keeps doing the same thing & hopes for a different result is a fool. Pay has caste his mould & his treatment of Lewis, Martin & CHN is diabolical & beyond comprehension. It is now time for the board to act & take charge of this situation & stand the head coach aside appoint the assistant coach to take over in the short term by setting him some fair dinkum KPIs then sit down in the cold heart light of November to plan a way out of this morass. If the Board allows this stupidity to continue then they are part of the problem & not the solution.
I agree with everything you said. Expect the cold heart light in November bit. Its usually warm in November.

Last edited:

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just a few quick points, in terms of TPAs, there's a limit for club organised TPAs, TPAs that are independent of the club aren't included in any cap. I know a lot of people are complaining about lack of TPAs but truth is we don't have any high profile players who would be attractive to businesses to sponsor.
Secondly we can't just continue to plunder the leagues club for finances, at the end of the day they're a seperate business that requires continued investment in order to be sustainable in the future to ensure future financial support in the long term. Yes the leagues club grant is a great benefit but the football club needs to be able to stand on its own two feet financially as well.
We don't want to end up like Penrith where the leagues club were forced to sell off valuable (and profitable) assets to prop up the football department.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a few quick points, in terms of TPAs, there's a limit for club organised TPAs, TPAs that are independent of the club aren't included in any cap. I know a lot of people are complaining about lack of TPAs but truth is we don't have any high profile players who would be attractive to businesses to sponsor.
That, plus the one city teams (eg; Melbourne, Brisbane, Toonsville) have a huge advantage with local businesses only having one choice. Looking forward to seeing the drop in Melbourne's TPA's with no Slater, Cronk or Smith to attract them and Toonsville with no JT. Club organised TPA's are included in the Salary Cap so that's their limit and they aren't really TPA's, Third Party Agreements if the club is involved, so they shouldn't be called TPA's. TPA's are supposed to be between a third party and the player/agent, no club involvement.

Secondly we can't just continue to plunder the leagues club for finances, at the end of the day they're a seperate business that requires continued investment in order to be sustainable in the future to ensure future financial support in the long term. Yes the leagues club grant is a great benefit but the football club needs to be able to stand on its own two feet financially as well.
The Salary Cap is supposed to be covered by the NRL passing on the broadcast rights etc to the clubs, that's all 30 players, not just the NRL players. TPA's come direct from the 3rd party to the player, so no leagues club cost. What is left is the cost of running the football department which is "limited" by the NRL to $5.7m, much of which comes from our club sponsors and advertisers and we have a full kit of them, plus payments from ANZ Stadium for playing games there. The Leagues club also supports the football club with funding capital works (assets) such as the Centre of Excellence.

Expenditure received from the leagues club is included in the football club annual report;
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/siteassets/documents/2018-annual-report_vfinal.pdf

We don't want to end up like Penrith where the leagues club were forced to sell off valuable (and profitable) assets to prop up the football department.
Panthers mostly sold off a number of assets that we profitable on paper but needed huge capital investment to keep functioning ie; they were bleeding cash. They are financially in far better position right now then they were 10 years ago.

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think you realise how hard it would be for “anyone” to put their hand up and get voted in.
I am with you mate. Cant see the anderson being replaced next election. Nor should they imo. However things can happen real quick, e.g. not many saw them beat dib & co

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am with you mate. Cant see the anderson being replaced next election. Nor should they imo. However things can happen real quick, e.g. not many saw them beat dib & co
There might be one or two changes to the board but Anderson will still maintain control. I really don’t know who apart from the old board would even run a rival ticket and if they did they have no chance.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That, plus the one city teams (eg; Melbourne, Brisbane, Toonsville) have a huge advantage with local businesses only having one choice. Looking forward to seeing the drop in Melbourne's TPA's with no Slater, Cronk or Smith to attract them and Toonsville with no JT. Club organised TPA's are included in the Salary Cap so that's their limit and they aren't really TPA's, Third Party Agreements if the club is involved, so they shouldn't be called TPA's. TPA's are supposed to be between a third party and the player/agent, no club involvement.

The Salary Cap is supposed to be covered by the NRL passing on the broadcast rights etc to the clubs, that's all 30 players, not just the NRL players. TPA's come direct from the 3rd party to the player, so no leagues club cost. What is left is the cost of running the football department which is "limited" by the NRL to $5.7m, much of which comes from our club sponsors and advertisers and we have a full kit of them, plus payments from ANZ Stadium for playing games there. The Leagues club also supports the football club with funding capital works (assets) such as the Centre of Excellence.

Expenditure received from the leagues club is included in the football club annual report;
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/siteassets/documents/2018-annual-report_vfinal.pdf

Panthers mostly sold off a number of assets that we profitable on paper but needed huge capital investment to keep functioning ie; they were bleeding cash. They are financially in far better position right now then they were 10 years ago.

Go Dogs
Panthers sold off 2 clubs to Mounties (Triglav and Mekong) which are current in the top 10 in the state in terms of net profit per gaming machine, both clubs have Ebita % of around 50% which is virtually unmatched in the industry. Those 2 clubs combined make an annual profit of around $2 million per year which is more than what Easts Leagues club makes. Whilst panthers probably didn't have the cashflow to develop those two clubs to the extent that Mounties did I highly disagree that they're in a better position selling 2 absolute money printing venues.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a Berries/Bulldog supporter since I was 12, I am now 77 this does not make me any smarter than the rest of the Kennel Forum. What I will claim however is that I'm a lot wiser because that only comes with age & mistakes on the way. What I have learned is that anyone that's in charge who keeps doing the same thing & hopes for a different result is a fool. Pay has caste his mould & his treatment of Lewis, Martin & CHN is diabolical & beyond comprehension. It is now time for the board to act & take charge of this situation & stand the head coach aside appoint the assistant coach to take over in the short term by setting him some fair dinkum KPIs then sit down in the cold heart light of November to plan a way out of this morass. If the Board allows this stupidity to continue then they are part of the problem & not the solution.
You made my day mate thought I was just about the old man on the forum but you've got 2 years on me, also I must congratulate you on speaking the truth.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Panthers sold off 2 clubs to Mounties (Triglav and Mekong) which are current in the top 10 in the state in terms of net profit per gaming machine, both clubs have Ebita % of around 50% which is virtually unmatched in the industry. Those 2 clubs combined make an annual profit of around $2 million per year which is more than what Easts Leagues club makes. Whilst panthers probably didn't have the cashflow to develop those two clubs to the extent that Mounties did I highly disagree that they're in a better position selling 2 absolute money printing venues.
It’s catch 22, Panthers didn’t have the funds for the capital expenditure required, so they wouldn’t be where they are now if Panthers still owned them. Plus Panthers used the funds freed up by selling them for other capital works that now have a greater return as a result. If I remember correctly there were some public safety upgrades required that put their licences in doubt as well. In total Panthers is better off financially than when they owned them and couldn’t fund the necessary capital works to make them viable.

Go Dogs

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There might be one or two changes to the board but Anderson will still maintain control. I really don’t know who apart from the old board would even run a rival ticket and if they did they have no chance.
That is your opinion, no one thought scomo could win either