Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think working under Robinson/Asst at Roosters is really all it's cracked up to be.

When you are working without a salary cap, and with a team of superstars in their own right, you don't need to be a flash coach.

I reckon Robinson could walk out and the team would still perform without a coach.

In other words anyone in the Roosters coaching system is overrated.... and their juniors haven't been the best.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And name the best team as well as some tips along with it?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so this might be left field but why doesn’t some one approach him for a coaching gig. Yea his club resume ain’t the best but he was young and had to coach his mates.

I’m not just judging on state of origin and how nsw are playing. But the way he coached Lebanon in the World Cup and the way they played was very impressive. Thoughts?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Holbrook from St. Helens is the choice I have been watching a lot of super league I know it ain’t as good as nrl but St. Helens are on point there attacking structure is good and they defend good hence why they on top and well in front I think he would come
He coached one of our junior sides I think a lot more resources here too

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I knew this thread would happen tonight.

Different coaches suit different situations, I don't think he'd make a good FG coach.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
so this might be left field but why doesn’t some one approach him for a coaching gig. Yea his club resume ain’t the best but he was young and had to coach his mates.

I’m not just judging on state of origin and how nsw are playing. But the way he coached Lebanon in the World Cup and the way they played was very impressive. Thoughts?
Cos he’s a fucking tool...

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing, he’s obviously learnt a lot since coaching clubs. However he’s got a team of awesome players in nsw to work with which could probably play pretty dam good without a coach.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cos he’s a fucking tool...
Tool or not, good boy standards and the so called family club ain’t really working well for us is it?

You speak to players and they love playing under him, he is actually very footy smart

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Different coaches suit different situations, I don't think he'd make a good FG coach.
Mate what he did with a no name Lebanon squad was very very impressive hence why I think he could potentially come good. Anyway just a thought

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Holbrook from St. Helens is the choice I have been watching a lot of super league I know it ain’t as good as nrl but St. Helens are on point there attacking structure is good and they defend good hence why they on top and well in front I think he would come
I’d like to give Holbrook a crack he can’t do worse, didn’t he coach them to their grand final last year too

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score

He coached the Roosters and WASN'T a good club coach.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate what he did with a no name Lebanon squad was very very impressive hence why I think he could potentially come good. Anyway just a thought
Same situation though, it's just 3 or 4 games, I think Fitlers good at getting teams up for short stints. Meninga, Walters also fit into the same category.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to give Holbrook a crack he can’t do worse, didn’t he coach them to their grand final last year too
I’ve been watching super league due to the fact we don’t offer much entertainment and they look good Helens don’t panic and are a class above the rest atm and they St. Helens scales there coach mid year when he signed and last year they were good and this year they are great guns I think he come cheap and could be like Robinson

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fittler coached NRL and brang the Roosters the spoon..

Not so difficult coaching 17 of the best players in the state.. Look at Meninga and his record as coach of QLD vs Canberra..

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His too relaxed for an week in week out gig
Your not coaching origin players, your managing them
His a man manager but not a coach or tactition

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been watching super league due to the fact we don’t offer much entertainment and they look good Helens don’t panic and are a class above the rest atm and they St. Helens scales there coach mid year when he signed and last year they were good and this year they are great guns I think he come cheap and could be like Robinson
Agree. Hope we are gunning for Holbrook. Plus he’d know which pommies would be worth bringing over too

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Holbrook was always the obvious choice. StHelens always going to be one of the top teams over there... but I've been impressed with the changes in attack post Barba.

Status
Not open for further replies.