Players who would not make first grade in any other club

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In the selected current position, reckon the following WOULD not get a gig at any other NRL club. Any deletion. Bottom line need players that will test your opponents.
Meaney.
Crichton.
Montoya.
Chris Smith
Cogger
Elliott
Marshall King.
Fualalo ?
Nearly half the team.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
a lot of those have played first grade at other clubs..

Apparently Elliot knocked back big money offers to stay at the bulldogs.. (im not a fan of Elliott btw)

I believe some of the criticism to Meaney, Chrichton and Fualalo is unwarranted .. theyve all been strong performers this year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at Chris Smith as an example he spent all of his career in reserve grade except for 3 games over a 3 year time span. Now he is considered good enough to start here!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those mentioned can play first grade but are what could be described as mediocre to average first graders - which is basically the whole squad - not much difference in ability between the who plays first grade and who plays reggies- toilers, plodders, - those who would be on not much more than the minimum elsewhere.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing is all of them could possibly play at another team and hold a spot in first grade. They could do a job surrounded by good players.

The problem we have is that we have too many of these type of players and no good players to make them look better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The thing is all of them could possibly play at another team and hold a spot in first grade. They could do a job surrounded by good players.

The problem we have is that we have too many of these type of players and no good players to make them look better.
Exactly. There's no one to spark anything, create anything or inspire. Confidence is a huge element to success and we don't have it or players or coaches to foster it.

JJ not an inspiring captain atm so can't look to him.

When Lewis and Martin came in lasy year it gave the players some hope and confidence, so they lifted.

Nothing can change until changes are made.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly. There's no one to spark anything, create anything or inspire. Confidence is a huge element to success and we don't have it or players or coaches to foster it.

JJ not an inspiring captain atm so can't look to him.

When Lewis and Martin came in lasy year it gave the players some hope and confidence, so they lifted.

Nothing can change until changes are made.
We really need a Bateman type of character in the team that just hates losing and is just a mongrel dog that will do anything to win.

The whole playing group lacks confidence and just trying hard and getting close seem to be acceptable.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how they made first grade, they are following in the boots of legends and were not bludging last week.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In the selected current position, reckon the following WOULD not get a gig at any other NRL club. Any deletion. Bottom line need players that will test your opponents.
Meaney.
Crichton.
Montoya.
Chris Smith
Cogger
Elliott
Marshall King.
Fualalo ?
Nearly half the team.
Bottom line is our salary cap is fucked.

What do people not understand about this?

For the next few years we’ll only be adding fringe first graders to our squad as we just don’t have room in the cap.

It’s pretty simple I think...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We really need a Bateman type of character in the team that just hates losing and is just a mongrel dog that will do anything to win.

The whole playing group lacks confidence and just trying hard and getting close seem to be acceptable.
"It's not through a lacka tryin".

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

We had one... we pissed him off to sign Balsa Wood

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What concerns me is everyone bagging the lack of quality. No we don't have game breakers but at the same time NONE of the players are playing to their best ability. There is no excuse. Salary cap, Des, fringe first graders....the crux of the problem is we would be doing better if every player was in form and at their best..or at least the majority of the roster. We've seen them all play better. Hoppa for Tonga, JJ NSW Lock, CHN MOM, Lewis MOM, Crichton Penrith etc. Most are coasting I reckon and unable for some reason to step up.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Nick Meaney
2. Christian Crichton
3. Marcelo Montoya
4. Will Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith
6. Kieran Foran
7. Jack Cogger
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Josh Jackson
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Adam Elliott

14. Rhyse Martin
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Chris Smith
17. Sauaso Sue

19. Lachlan Lewis
20. Corey Harawira-Naera
21. Michael Lichaa
23. Dylan Napa

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

True, but I do think there is much better performances that could be got from the current squad.
9 is an issue and I think we do need to get an established hooker to the club, but I don’t think there are any available?

Also I lot of guys here have big wraps on Meaney but he isn’t creating much in attack. He is young and needs more experience I guess but without a fullback scoring tries or creating try assists the attack is really struggling.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What concerns me is everyone bagging the lack of quality. No we don't have game breakers but at the same time NONE of the players are playing to their best ability. There is no excuse. Salary cap, Des, fringe first graders....the crux of the problem is we would be doing better if every player was in form and at their best..or at least the majority of the roster. We've seen them all play better. Hoppa for Tonga, JJ NSW Lock, CHN MOM, Lewis MOM, Crichton Penrith etc. Most are coasting I reckon and unable for some reason to step up.
Quickest solution is to get the team playing better, no doubt about that. .
We DO have some good players in the squad.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliot was the first name that jumped out at me, so I guess that’s the name I put down here lol.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How would u think the following lineup would go;
Just shake things up a bit
We ain’t winning the title anytime soon so I’d rather lose 26-24 and give fans something to cheer about or tries scored

1. reimis smith
2. Chricton
3. Rfm
4. Harper
5. Floppa
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Napa
9. Nu brown
10. Toomaga
11. Martin
12. Rfm
13. Tolman

14. Ogden, 15. Fualolo 16. Jackson 17. Meaney/jmk

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How would u think the following lineup would go;
Just shake things up a bit
We ain’t winning the title anytime soon so I’d rather lose 26-24 and give fans something to cheer about or tries scored

1. reimis smith
2. Chricton
3. Rfm
4. Harper
5. Floppa
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Napa
9. Nu brown
10. Toomaga
11. Martin
12. Rfm
13. Tolman

14. Ogden, 15. Fualolo 16. Jackson 17. Meaney/jmk
Worth a try..what's too lose. Was reading that the good coaches pick the bench first...it's that important in today's game. Bench for Jacko could spark something for him. I assume you have CHN at 3 tho.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty harsh on Chris Smith. He pretty much reminds me of Finucane when he was starting out, and look how big a regret his loss seems to have been. Get rid of Smith at your own risk I say.