News Caged pup restless in reserves.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Little fucker is like DCE in his early days (less talent of course) watch him sign for the Titans... he and Taylor can fail to live up to the hype for the rest of their careers lol
I'd love to know what teams his manager thinks Lewis will be a walk up starting player with!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd love to know what teams his manager thinks Lewis will be a walk up starting player with!
If Lewis is ok with his manager making such public comments - it would be a good thing for the club to call his bluff and let him go.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ahh the multiple personalities of this forum on display right here ..

This time last year everyone’s blowing a load and crying for Lewis to be given a go in first grade , fast forward a hand full of games at NRL and we’re ready to throw him to the wolves

The kid is young , sure he has things he needs to work on but he’s also got some talent .
At the moment he’s playing behind an inferior pack of forwards , a poor coach and probably without confidence

He needs to be in the team somewhere but I’ve stopped trying to make sense of team selections this yr but he’s a player you can build around

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again I would be pissed two if a moron like Elliot kept getting selected week in and week out.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Guess is that he will start on Monday and replace Foran who is still struggling with his ankle. Just how I'm reading it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think the manager should be threatening the club with blackmail.
Anyway play him on monday and if he doesn't win us the game dump him for a bit to shut him up.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Best to check your sources, they were talking at the Football Club Members briefing, looked quite pally actually, joking etc.

Go Dogs
Well public displays of affection can be misleading.
No apparently it is a real thing.
How serious I don't know? If Martin leaves could be something in it, if Lewis asks for a release then we will know for sure.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to work on a lot of things to be an nrl 1st grade regular.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well public displays of affection can be misleading.
No apparently it is a real thing.
How serious I don't know? If Martin leaves could be something in it, if Lewis asks for a release then we will know for sure.
I had it from 2 members who attended that it was a very chilly atmosphere between them sitting side by side?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Some young little bitch having a temper tantrum and running to his manager having a sook, and than they go to the media to belittle the club?

Fuck the both of them.

No player or person is bigger than the club. Players, coaches come and go, while the club will live on forever
I'm with ya cuz, I'm just dirty at how shit our great club has become.

I honestly can't see anything positive about us, currently and in the near future.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Just thinking what I can actually say here in the open forum, so I'll pick my words VERY carefully.

You know the saying "don't quit your day job".. well he hasn't. The blokes a real estate agent by trade. That's his day job. Selling houses and property. As a player agent... Lombardi is a rookie.

He started his NRL player management business Feb 2019, so he's only a few months in.

He currently manages:
Luciano Leilua (fringe first grader) and Joe Lovodua (reggies) from Dragons.
Asipeli Fine - playing reggies in Qld at last count.
Lewis, Holland, To'omaga, and Crichton from Bulldogs.

But I bet people don't realise this... Lombardi organised their houses, AND Lewis is neighbours with Damien Cook down in the shire.

SUMMARY: Lombardi has absolutely no leverage and .... well he's a real estate agent...that's about as much as I can say here.
some real estate agents are people too

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not us. Pretty much said how today's primadonnas are little pussycats compared to his era.

It was a brilliant interview and something all these young pussycats should be watching on repeat!

Not just footy players, but the majority of this young pussycat generation
I agree with that.

Real men are becoming extinct and getting taken over by soy boys. Every generation is getting worse and becoming softer.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis should play 13
Could he make the meters in the centre that we need? Elliot doesn't and he is 103kg compared to Lewis at 90kg. If anythng I think we need more size in the middle.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could he make the meters in the centre that we need? Elliot doesn't and he is 103kg compared to Lewis at 90kg. If anythng I think we need more size in the middle.
Agree he needs to bulk up but anything is better than that flop Elliot and he can hold his own in defence