I'm trying to understand water restrictions

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a little bemused perplexed and bewildered at the water restrictions

Of course noone wants to waste water

But when councils are allowing homes on 400 square metre blocks to pack them in, plus all the units being developed, isn't it a matter of the infrustructure that cannot keep up?

Why make people ration their water use yet on the other hand take council rates by packing in as many little shoe box homes and units as possible.

If the area cannot cope with the population sort the infrustructure out or keep building in other areas.

Let's ramp up the demand for water but then tell people they need to use less water (whilst taking the council rates)

Are you confused at this huge contradiction?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's not just water.

Electricity grid (and gas resources to a lesser extent), are being heavily overpopulated, due to excessive construction of apartments/units because apartments/units are far more population dense. The issue isn't really small blocks as that's catered for when measuring up substations for example.

Parts of Castle Hill / Kellyville / Norwest are already copping regular brownouts due to electricity grid being strained, even causing the North West Metro to suffer a power failure across several stations the other day.

Add to the above people cranking heaters in winter creating higher draw and it's a delight!!

Our infrastructure has been turned third world due to greedy developers smashing up apartments/units.

Re water restrictions: The real good one is that you can't hand hose with a trigger nozzle or use sprinklers during the day, yet I can fill up a 50L bucket constantly and dump that all over the lawns. Surely a bucket uses more water!!

I see the big one being water though. Power you can create coal fire or nuclear power stations to generate more power for the grid. Gas you can replace with electrical devices need be. But you can't create more water, even using de-sal plants.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Infrastructural changes take time and the only way to really control to prevent infrastructure is by limiting population to certain areas (or in China's case, limiting population). And no one is willing to do that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

But when councils are allowing homes on 400 square metre blocks to pack them in, plus all the units being developed, isn't it a matter of the infrustructure that cannot keep up?

Why make people ration their water use yet on the other hand take council rates by packing in as many little shoe box homes and units as possible.

If the area cannot cope with the population sort the infrustructure out or keep building in other areas.

Let's ramp up the demand for water but then tell people they need to use less water (whilst taking the council rates)

Corrupt councils will do whatever it takes to get money in their pockets, they don’t a rats anus about the water.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares if infrastructure cannot keep up.
Just so long as some crooked greaseball who couldn't lift a 10kg box to save his life is getting rich, then it doesn't matter.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t understand the rules.
It takes the same amount of water, to water your plants at 10am as it does at 4pm.
Sure more will evaporate if you do it during the day but I don’t think people are going out and watering again because it evaporated?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're just alarmists. A few days of solid rain and she'll be right

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t understand the rules.
It takes the same amount of water, to water your plants at 10am as it does at 4pm.
Sure more will evaporate if you do it during the day but I don’t think people are going out and watering again because it evaporated?
Not to mention the amount evapourating if done sensibly (not hosing your bloody lawn / garden using the mist trigger, but rather soaker/full) would be slim to none.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember years ago the water board fined my grandmother for using a hose during water restrictions.

She was an old Croatian woman who hosed the garden since the first day she immigrated here.

Honestly if i worked for the water board and seen an old lady using a hose during restrictions i wouldn't fine her.

I think its a low piece of shit act to make an example out of an old lady.
People who pick on the elderly belong in the same category as woman bashers!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember years ago the water board fined my grandmother for using a hose during water restrictions.

She was an old Croatian woman who hosed the garden since the first day she immigrated here.

Honestly if i worked for the water board and seen an old lady using a hose during restrictions i wouldn't fine her.

I think its a low piece of shit act to make an example out of an old lady.
People who pick on the elderly belong in the same category as woman bashers!
Don't get me started on councils bunch of ***** really.. And I don't use that word very often

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't get me started on councils bunch of ***** really.. And I don't use that word very often
Anyone who picks on the elderly,women,children or are cruel to animals are worse than animals.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wolfy you surprised me there by dropping the C-bomb, but your so right!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wolfy you surprised me there by dropping the C-bomb, but your so right!
Lol I know, It was like my fingers were typing the word and my heads like noooo you can't write that.. Im an owner builder.. Nuff said haha

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I know, It was like my fingers were typing the word and my heads like noooo you can't write that.. Im an owner builder.. Nuff said haha
Even in real life im good at bringing out the best and worst in others!
Its a blessing and a curse or a perk to being a two faced gemini?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you just gotta say it to really make the point come across. It emphasizes that they really are C U Next Tuesday's

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Confused? Contradiction? Are you sure your speaking about council/politicians??? Lol
Sadly, most people want to live in the city.
What they shod have been working on for the last 10 years is a pipeline from north QLD to NSW. We have had so much fucking rain over the past 7 months its unbelievable.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Confused? Contradiction? Are you sure your speaking about council/politicians??? Lol
Sadly, most people want to live in the city.
What they shod have been working on for the last 10 years is a pipeline from north QLD to NSW. We have had so much fucking rain over the past 7 months its unbelievable.
The problem with water is its the essence of life and not massive profits for oil firms.

Im so glad we dont really on water to fuel cars.
If that day ever comes, this planet will turn into Mars before you know it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem with water is its the essence of life and not massive profits for oil firms.

So true. But we pay more for a bottle of water then we do a little of fuel.
We have already tried steam engines, so I doubt we will go down that route again thank God.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Using water has been tried. The process involves splitting off the two hydrogen molecules then burning them. Which combines them with oxygen. The by product is water. The downside when it was tried was that it used too much electricity. If we eventually get renewable energy efficiency levels to a point where we have enough excess the idea of using water may have some merit. But that seems like a long way off, more so considering that the oil and coal industries well and truly have an impact on our government.