Other News Source Raymond Faitala-Mariner

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think everyone understands the act of "releasing a Player".. for starters another club needs to want that player.. whos gonna want olive?? and yes you can pay him out and send him on his way, but i sure the NRL have strict anti tampering laws when it comes to releasing a top 30 player..
Unless you're South Sydney...

This is from my mate who works on the cap at another club:

"It has to be in their last contracted season. But you can tell him you want to pay him out and release him. You don't have to find him a team if you both agree on a figure. Whether that's the balance of his contract or a figure he would be happy to take.

He could then go and supplement his payment from you with a new contract from any other club during the season.

You would have to promote a player from your development squad (60k salary) to your top 30 and increase their salary to the NRL minimum (pro rata for where you are in the season). "

Asked specifically about Olive:

Yep if he is happy to take his money and run then that's fine. You'd have to have enough in your cap to bump up a guy in development to NRL minimum salary or to spend that space on an established player if you had the cap room"...

So in essence, you can cut a player and pay them out if they agree to it...
Again a contradiction. Inglis was not on his last contracted year, yet was allowed AND got salary cap relief. Unbelievable.

Can’t say it’s a surprise, considering he’s played FA games, he has potential and is a Nz rep player. But it’s not a HUGE loss.. although he would have been good alongside CHN, and is a better option than some we are fielding!! Maybe it’s opening a door for someone else. Who knows!!
I dont think he is bad. He got played for too many minutes and was gassed (We have all seen the 'GeNiUs' bench rotations used this year.
Has he come on as an impact player for 15-20 minutes per half, I think we would all be singing his praises.

He is a good winger, but has he played much in the centres? That's where we're short.
I'd like to see Reimis at centre and can have Nofo on the wing. That would be a nice combo with some strike power.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unless you're South Sydney...

Again a contradiction. Inglis was not on his last contracted year, yet was allowed AND got salary cap relief. Unbelievable.

I dont think he is bad. He got played for too many minutes and was gassed (We have all seen the 'GeNiUs' bench rotations used this year.
Has he come on as an impact player for 15-20 minutes per half, I think we would all be singing his praises.

I'd like to see Reimis at centre and can have Nofo on the wing. That would be a nice combo with some strike power.
Nothing to lose by trying Remis and CHN in centres at the moment. If we keep losing put Katoa on wing after June 30

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he leaves I reckon he will be another Taupau. He has been unfortunate with injuries and should given the chance once fit. He is a NZ rep and not by accident. To see the likes of smith and Elliot baffles me. They offer nothing!

Pay should of eased him after a such a long injury lay off instead of dropping him after two games. He is the X factor we are missing and should be persisting with.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Pay let's RFM go then he should piss off too, any good coach would bring out the best in a good player, Just like Rothanaa said about Taupau the same thing will happen to RFM, I still remember seeing Taupau killing it and he got injured but kept running hard and as usual we let him go because of a dumbass Hasler, but look who's playing for Hasler now, I bet he doesn't want to get rid of Taupau now the c**t and in steps Pay to keep Hasler's standards going like turning our team into shit.
Pay is getting rid of quality players because he can't coach them into great players which is what a good coach should be able to do.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
RFM will be a failing on Dean Pay's coaching. Kid has all the talent with the ball but Pay being a garbage coach hasn't allowed him to develop in defence and general game play.

In fact, has any player actually developed and strengthened their game under Pay?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No doubt Pay and Hasler haven't done RFM any favours and have stifled his development. By the same token though, RFM is incredibly inconsistent and has too many errors and average defense in his game.

Maybe one day he'll realise his potential as he has plenty of talent. It wouldn't surprise me if he found form under another coach but losing him wouldn't be the end of the world either. It's who he's replaced with that's the issue.

Ideally RFM and Martin would be kept while Elliott and Sue were moved on but we know that won't happen.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m sorry but Raymond has failed to impress despite given ample time and opportunities ..

When was the last time he put in a man of match performance ?

No loss for me , if only we can now offload Elliot and move Jackson to lock it’ll start making some more sense

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They can have him. Always drops the ball and gives away penalties

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he will go well elsewhere.
Has a lot of talent but is wasted here.
He's not an 80 minute player; he's a bench impact player for mine.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM will be a failing on Dean Pay's coaching. Kid has all the talent with the ball but Pay being a garbage coach hasn't allowed him to develop in defence and general game play.

In fact, has any player actually developed and strengthened their game under Pay?
Holland last year on the right with Smith?
So Deano moves him to the left for some reason

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland last year on the right with Smith?
So Deano moves him to the left for some reason
not only was he on the right with Smith, they also just started to form a real dynamic and potent combination..
spliting them up was the first signs of Deans madness..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM has been hyped up for years but he just seems to lack a killer instinct and avoids a lot of the tough stuff.

He is a liability in defence too I'm not that disappointed if he leaves.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rfm needs to play cricket in the offseason to learn how to catch fmd talk about a wasted talent

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry but Raymond has failed to impress despite given ample time and opportunities ..

When was the last time he put in a man of match performance ?

No loss for me , if only we can now offload Elliot and move Jackson to lock it’ll start making some more sense
He was in good form last year until he got injured.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he leaves I reckon he will be another Taupau. He has been unfortunate with injuries and should given the chance once fit. He is a NZ rep and not by accident. To see the likes of smith and Elliot baffles me. They offer nothing!

Pay should of eased him after a such a long injury lay off instead of dropping him after two games. He is the X factor we are missing and should be persisting with.
Yeah I’ll agree I think Elliot is a fuck wit I don’t know what it is he does at training but the coach and social media team put him in everything , he is the Tom waterhouse of the bulldogs