Other News Source Coach on the outter?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take Gould as a mentor for pay,let’s not forget pay was a rookie coach and never coached first grade.love him or hate him gould has the best footy brain.put him in to over see and help pay.id be happy with that.
No mentors just get him out. He’s a dud through and through. He’s an embarrassment to the code, too far out of his depth. An absolute train wreck. I honestly believe the players think he’s a goose. Lyn and her sycophants need to go to confession to ask for forgiveness for what they’ve done to us.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People need to relax. Pay is going nowhere. All the information in the report is copied from the nufties on the kennel.
The club is supporting Pay. They fully realise he does not have a competitive roster.
I can tell you that recruitment is very high on the clubs agenda.
Still making up stories?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I would take Gould as a mentor for pay,let’s not forget pay was a rookie coach and never coached first grade.love him or hate him gould has the best footy brain.put him in to over see and help pay.id be happy with that.
I thought about Gould coming to us in some form and I think he would get us on the right track. He would make us hated again..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I question how much of that is true.

At Panthers he had them absolutely firing and was getting results until Cleary wanted to partner up with his son.
At Broncos he had them absolutely firing and was getting results until Bennett wanted back after failing.

We are talking about a coach who in about 8-10 seasons has only missed the finals once.
Very true. He is an experienced coach who seems to have very good short term success.

My memory might be failing me but I do remember may rumours about him losing the dressing room at the Broncos (a lot like what is happening with Pay atm) way before Bennet came along.

At Penrith everyone wanted him gone, the Board and Gould just couldn't agree on who to replace him with.

He just seems like a guy who comes in and has short term success and then gets on everyones nerves. Maybe the guy we need until the end of next year and we can find a long term coach.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Very true. He is an experienced coach who seems to have very good short term success.

My memory might be failing me but I do remember may rumours about him losing the dressing room at the Broncos (a lot like what is happening with Pay atm) way before Bennet came along.

At Penrith everyone wanted him gone, the Board and Gould just couldn't agree on who to replace him with.

He just seems like a guy who comes in and has short term success and then gets on everyones nerves. Maybe the guy we need until the end of next year and we can find a long term coach.
Just reading more on this.

Gould and the Panthers board wanted Cameron Ciraldo in the role of coach. Griffin had had some of his staff walk out on him, and Panthers acted fearing they were going to lose players. Yet the team was winning and digging deep in games.

Gould poked his nose into the team roster, wanted Panthers to move on Moylan in favour of securing James Maloney. That was all done in front of Griffin and undermined him.

Gould was also talking with Ciraldo about how the team should be coached, behind Griffins back.

Here's what Griffin said regarding it (He = Gould).

"He just needs to be in control. Gus runs the club — and I say that with all due respect to everyone out there — but he runs the club. He makes all the decisions. So now that I'm not there, it's probably a breath of fresh air from that end [for Gould]. I don't think there will be too much happening without his input."

Griffin said Gould's claim that the coach had lost the dressing room was merely "spin" to justify his sacking to the Panthers board.

"I can handle getting axed but suggestions that I don't get on with the players is absolute rubbish," Griffin said, backing up what star playmaker James Maloney said on Tuesday.
"I've had a great relationship with the players ... I've spoken to most of the players on the phone. I've had some nice text messages."

Dubbed by his ex-boss as too "old school" to continue coaching Penrith, Griffin is adamant he did the job Gould head-hunted him to do — and more.

"Whether I'm old school or not, there's a hell of a lot a head coach has got to do these days to build a club to be able to produce a result every weekend. To be able to manage staff, to care for young players and to be able to build a roster from within, it takes patience and it takes a lot of time. When you grow something from the ground up, it takes a lot of care and takes a lot of attention to detail in all areas — strength and conditioning, sports science, skill acquisition. They're young players that are playing first grade for the first time so there's a lot of welfare that goes on. So I'm proud of what I did there."

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i would love to see anthony griffin taken on by canterbury as a young player development person or be the recruitment person for finding young talent, he doesnt have the people skills to last as a head coach, but has a very good understanding of quality young players

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would love to see anthony griffin taken on by canterbury as a young player development person or be the recruitment person for finding young talent, he doesnt have the people skills to last as a head coach, but has a very good understanding of quality young players
Well considering DWZ signing, us getting Griffin makes sense...

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest the team is under performing, is like to see how we go once Dallin plays.. we may win those close games with an attacking force

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well considering DWZ signing, us getting Griffin makes sense...
This has gus written all over it...particularly with flanno now surfacing....would not be surprised if he is getting payed in the background and shaping the club