News I guess all the talk about pay losing the dressing room might be true

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a fresh start including most support staff/assistants.

It actually feels like a continuation of the Hasler era in some ways.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a fresh start including most support staff/assistants.

It actually feels like a continuation of the Hasler era in some ways.
It sure does.

They all need to go Pay, Grimaldi, whoever our wrestling coach is, tuckshop lady.

Would only keep Tony Ayoub

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PAY CAN FCUK RIGHT OFF WITH HIS WANNABE STUART/BELLAMY APPROAH TO COACHING.... FCUK RIGHT OFF DUD.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The more media pressure regarding Pay, the better. Surely they have to act soon.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
something tells me the extension to pay must have had a performance based clause in there for the additional 12 mths... either that or this board is dumber than we think...
When Hasler was re_signed I quoted...If Hasler was re_signed without an exit clause in the clubs favour,
Who ever was responsible Management or board should be sacked for it.
My opinion is exactly the same on Pays setiuation !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It sure does.

They all need to go Pay, Grimaldi, whoever our wrestling coach is, tuckshop lady.

Would only keep Tony Ayoub
The solution is...We appoint a Kennel member as our new Coach :coldsweat::fearscream::tired::tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i hope the players realise they need to take some responsibility for their performancers as well
Why what have they done wrong? They have stuck to the game plan every game and tried their arses off to stay in the game.

Its not their fault they have been thrown into positions they cant play in or a very inexperienced in nor is it their fault Pay keeps on chopping and changing players not giving anyone a chance to gel with their respected team mates.

ITS ALL SHIT COACHING!! ALL OF IT!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
something tells me the extension to pay must have had a performance based clause in there for the additional 12 mths... either that or this board is dumber than we think...
I don't think you can put such clauses in contracts anymore. Dogs tried to do it with Hasler and it got rejected hard.

Put simply:
Players grow concerns early in the season about the coach for 2020.
Board get concerned that they also can't attract players due to a question mark over the 2020 Bulldogs coach.
Board shit the bed and renew coach for another year.
*fast forward a few completely shitty weeks/games*
Players are growing fed up over the coach.
Club cannot attract players with said coach.

Pretty much they've backed themselves into a nice corner.

Keep Pay as an assistant? What are you idiots talking about? Doesn't matter how good he may or may not be, it wouldn't be fair on any incoming coach ....
Keep Pay on as Asst Coach, or end up paying out a contract in advance as well as employ another staff member in his place.

It's better to let him see out 1 more year as Assistant.

Tony is one of the problems the players have...
How can you hate Tony?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really doubt they will sack Pay this year..
They should. Pay will just get more and more stubborn in order to try and save his job or prove himself to another potential employer so he'll get even worse with his selections and my way or the highway attitude and defensive, negative tactics.

This will be to the detriment of the individual development of players and the squad as a whole and will waste a whole half of a season which could have been used to better set us up for next season.

Imagine another 12 games with CHN, Renouf and our other youngsters in reserves deserving of a chance rotting in reserves while Pay favourites who don't deserve to play get valuable game time instead?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why what have they done wrong? They have stuck to the game plan every game and tried their arses off to stay in the game.

Its not their fault they have been thrown into positions they cant play in or a very inexperienced in nor is it their fault Pay keeps on chopping and changing players not giving anyone a chance to gel with their respected team mates.

ITS ALL SHIT COACHING!! ALL OF IT!
There’s no coaching tactics that say repeatedly dropping the ball is a good thing.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems that's the only sensible way out of this hey. Keep Dean as an asst if he wants to save face at all.

I enquired on another thread but can someone confirm the NRL Fox commentators statement by Noddy etc that Pay was making CHN play 40 mins in Cant Cup to prove his defensive capabilities and could then come back into fg? Surely not allowable?

If so that is just plain stupid and belittling to both concerned and no players (or team for that matter) would ever respond to a coach carrying on like that.

Noddy etc must have got that wrong surely.
He made him 18th man. If anybody got injured in the warm up, CHN would fill in.

Which of course screwed reggies cos they were down an interchange player when he went off. I’m sure he would’ve been good to put on at centre when Holland did his knee...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe this is why CHN and Martin are getting shafted, maybe they called Pay out on his bullshit

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They should. Pay will just get more and more stubborn in order to try and save his job or prove himself to another potential employer so he'll get even worse with his selections and my way or the highway attitude and defensive, negative tactics.

This will be to the detriment of the individual development of players and the squad as a whole and will waste a whole half of a season which could have been used to better set us up for next season.

Imagine another 12 games with CHN, Renouf and our other youngsters in reserves deserving of a chance rotting in reserves while Pay favourites who don't deserve to play get valuable game time instead?
100 times agree. Need to move him on asap. I was all for supporting him and giving him a chance to show what he's capable of. No matter how good the roster is, he should be showing A LOT more than he is.

We bit the bullet by getting rid of all of those players to get us in a better position long term. Gotta do the same with the coaching situation. Can't see how this is helping us keeping him here.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tony is one of the problems the players have...
Why because he isn't their best friend and drinking buddy like a certain other former medical member?

Few players need to pull their heads in and just do their job

The players need to listen to the coach and football staff. Don't like what they are being told to do? Well leave then

Ask the tigers what happens when the players have too much power

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why because he isn't their best friend and drinking buddy like a certain other former medical member?

Few players need to pull their heads in and just do their job

The players need to listen to the coach and football staff. Don't like what they are being told to do? Well leave then

Ask the tigers what happens when the players have too much power
Clearly the Pay has lost the dressing room due to his strange selections (How Elliot got picked over CHN is beyond me) and poor gameplan and tactics.